Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 12:54 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,067,462 times

Advertisements

Is there no length to which television will go to stereotype Southern people? The trailers for this disgusting display of advanced degree of stupidity and in breeding is beyond believable. And people will watch it thinking this is an accurate portrayal of typical Southern Culture.

They play with their fat bellies, brag about having all their teeth, compete for arm farts, and otherwise have no class or even self respect at all. Talk about exploiting the child! She will be making money for TLC and her family all the while thinking this is the way to success in life. What a train wreck.

Is this really what our society values in entertainment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 01:28 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Omg! About 6 months ago or so, one of the local radio stations kept playing the soundbyte of the little girl saying "a dolla make me holla honey boo boo". I never in a million years would have thought that would be "the phrase that pays"!!! I never saw the commercial until I clicked on this post. I agree - those people are disgusting.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:11 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Isn't this a spin off from TLCs pageant show that exploits little girls and their clueless parents? Not surprising really.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:16 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,078,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Isn't this a spin off from TLCs pageant show that exploits little girls and their clueless parents? Not surprising really.

Yes it is and eww is all I have to say about a dolla make me holla honey boo boo equals eww eww !!!

Old 07-22-2012, 02:38 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,013,419 times
...and some think this is the golden age of television.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:40 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,531,347 times
Goes to show you "anyone" can have a TV show- as long as you can "spin it" where large markets will buy it and produce it. I think TLC is just sick- the crap that they put on that channel is horriable. TLC- Truck Load of Crap

Old 07-24-2012, 05:52 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
It took me five times seeing these promos to be able to understand one word she said.

These reality shows have reached a new low...and I didn't even think that was possible.

Well I refuse to watch Toddlers and Tiaras and I'll refuse to watch this trash too.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:32 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
I'm still trying to find some phrase to say that will stick in people's minds, so that I can get my own show too! Problem is .... I may not be ghetto enough. To have a really successful "reality" show, you have to be super trashy and ultra skanky. Let's face it - we don't see "reality" shows with the US Supreme Court Justices. Not that I'm as lofty as a Supreme Court Justice, but I'm probably closer to that end of the spectrum than the 'Krapdashian-Snookie-Dolla Make Me Holla Honey Boo Boo' end of the spectrum (or speculum, as the case may be ). Guess I better keep my day job.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:44 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,676,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Is there no length to which television will go to stereotype Southern people? The trailers for this disgusting display of advanced degree of stupidity and in breeding is beyond believable. And people will watch it thinking this is an accurate portrayal of typical Southern Culture.

They play with their fat bellies, brag about having all their teeth, compete for arm farts, and otherwise have no class or even self respect at all. Talk about exploiting the child! She will be making money for TLC and her family all the while thinking this is the way to success in life. What a train wreck.

Is this really what our society values in entertainment?
rofl sounds hilarious

Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,600 times
I watched Hart of Dixie just once. The show certainly hinted that people in Alabama were, shall we say, intellectually challenged?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV