Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,246,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Loved it. They do a ton of post apoc type themes but have never done a pre post apoc with a sub. Cool story
I think you discovered a new word. Pre-Post-Apocalypse. What does that even mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 02:09 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,651,453 times
lol, post apocalypse to come

Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,704,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
...maybe. Gotta suspend a lot of disbelief and ignore alot of technical errors. A strategic asset (Ohio with Tridents) wouldn't be used to deliver SEALS. Some have been converted to SSGNs (Tomahawk lanchers) and are used for covert ops (SEALS)...but I don't think any are armed with ICBMs.

It'll be interesting to see what the SEAL mission into Pakistan was all about, and what's up in DC.
I got the impression the SEALs were stranded and were picked up by the sub.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 PM

3,981 posts, read 4,999,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I got the impression the SEALs were stranded and were picked up by the sub.
They were, but I got the feeling that was all a ploy to get on board the sub...the SEALS were mighty interested in the captain & xo NOT firing on Pakistan. Why? What do they care? Of course, they are involved and it'll be interesting to find out how exactly!

Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,651,453 times
I think so too. Not just a coincidence the seals were there.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:30 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,545,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
They were, but I got the feeling that was all a ploy to get on board the sub...the SEALS were mighty interested in the captain & xo NOT firing on Pakistan. Why? What do they care? Of course, they are involved and it'll be interesting to find out how exactly!
If I remember correctly, they were also concerned that something was hinky with their misssion. Right after they were picked up, the soon to be dead one was going on about how something was wrong.

I think the SEALs were only interested from the standpoint that ignoring a validated order to fire is treasonous to them.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:34 AM

693 posts, read 1,498,916 times
I'm not much into military stuff but this show is really good.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:09 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,085,737 times
I really liked the 1st two episodes

and last night even though it was less action and more story that was fine.

but I was angry at the end.

how can you not respond to the Guerrillas taking out your man, or taking them hostage in the 1st place and not only not respond but give them weapons.

damn that scene pissed me off. I'll still watch but they better do something soon

Old 10-12-2012, 05:38 PM

288 posts, read 716,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
how can you not respond to the Guerrillas taking out your man, or taking them hostage in the 1st place and not only not respond but give them weapons.

damn that scene pissed me off. I'll still watch but they better do something soon
I think at the moment they were not prepared for a battle. The crew was vulnerable. They are also having to contend with the rest of the U.S. military. I think the Captain said they will get payback so it will probably be in a future episode.

However, I do think it stinks that the one sailor stole a banana. They are visitors and should treat the villagers with respect. I don't know why the sailor has an attitude.

I also don't understand the attitude of the Master Chief. He's totally off the wall and would be in jail for attempting to strike an officer, as well as his abusive attitude toward the female officer.

Hopefully they can show more realism in future episodes but I think with shows like this they have to mix things up and create tension that is resolved in future episodes.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:33 PM

8,669 posts, read 22,853,798 times
Another fan here.

Thinking of shows which premise really shouldn't live beyond one season.....isn't this nothing more than a technical, adversarial Gilligan's Island.....NCIS (I love the show, but if you want to talk about what is technically correct.......from computers to geography, not to mention government agencies, this show never should have made it out of the box).....Seinfeld (come on, a show about 3 friends?) I won't even bring up the unplausable Grey's Anamoly.

Only closed minds judge something without seeing it. While nothing in Last Resort is highly probable, I found it entertaining, just as I found/find NCIS, Seinfeld, and Grey's. Gilligan? As a child I really thought someone would rescue them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV