Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 11:04 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times

Advertisements

No one is irreplaceable. Just goes to show, that you are as missed as putting your hand in a bucket of water, and pulling it back out, just a few ripples, back to business.

Ashton is a funny guy. I still wonder why he is with Bruce Willis leftovers...but that is his deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 11:52 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,408,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Ashton is a funny guy. I still wonder why he is with Bruce Willis leftovers...but that is his deal.
So, anyone who's ever been with someone else is a "leftover"?

I guess most people are leftovers then.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:13 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,384,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Anyone see Charlie Sheen on the Emmy's last night wishing the series well? Interesting...
Maybe not. I heard he still has a stake in the show. It's my understanding that he still gets money from the show even if he's not on it. Plus, the more it goes into syndication, the more money he makes in residuals. I think he wanted to retire, and he did have a decent relationship with the other actors, so he's happy they are still employed after all his shenanigans.

I watched it tonight. It has possibilities. Ashton has grown up since his "That 70's show days." I think it could actually work. I didn't think it was as hilarious as the trailers made it out to be. But with some character development, this new ensemble could work. And it gives the other actors a chance to shine. Ashton doesn't outshine everybody the way Charlie did.

I'm sort of wait and see on it. But I wouldn't bury it just yet.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:19 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,384,797 times
BTW - If you missed the premiere you can watch it here.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:47 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Remember, Only Charlie left the show....the writers are there [and they proved it tonight] The other actors are there [they proved it tonight] the ONLY questing that remaind is "Cant the cast click together?] The proved it tonight.......I'll watch....

Old 09-20-2011, 05:16 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Are hubby and I the only people who thought it was aweful? We did not laugh for almost the entire show? The only funny scenes were the first funeral scene and the very last scene. Berta was the only one who made me laugh. Her responses were dead on. Everyone else seemed bla.

Admittedly, Ashton was much funnier the morning after, when he wasn't depressed dude. But for most of the show, his character wasn't funny. Maybe it will be funnier if he stays out of the depressed character mode. Hated all of the references to Charlie and how they are trying to make Ashton a sexual replacement so Alan can continue to be the same putz with the same lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampfoxer View Post
It will be interesting to see how much longer they'll be making references to Charlie. Example: When Alan looked at the dustbuster and said "thanks a lot". Hilarious! Can Charlie references still be funny say, next season? I'm thinkin' maybe, as long as they don't overdo it.
I didn't like all of the references to Charlie, like when Alan realized that Ashton went upstairs with both girls. Couldn't the writers think of something more creative than to give Ashton the same place sexually as Charlie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
So, anyone who's ever been with someone else is a "leftover"?

I guess most people are leftovers then.
Ashton himself called Demi "leftovers" in an interview about the show to point out how/why he doesn't mind taking Charlie's leftovers.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:54 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
Anyone catch charlie sheens roast? It was pretty good

Old 09-20-2011, 06:09 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,010,703 times
I missed the premiere, too busy watching Hells Kitchen, but I'm sure they'll be a repeat of it. Missed the roast, too.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:11 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
I watched 10 minutes of the roast and went to bed. It's on after midnight on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. If I miss those, I figure it will be on reruns for eternity. I'll catch it someday.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:13 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Are hubby and I the only people who thought it was aweful? We did not laugh for almost the entire show? The only funny scenes were the first funeral scene and the very last scene. Berta was the only one who made me laugh. Her responses were dead on. Everyone else seemed bla.

Admittedly, Ashton was much funnier the morning after, when he wasn't depressed dude. But for most of the show, his character wasn't funny. Maybe it will be funnier if he stays out of the depressed character mode. Hated all of the references to Charlie and how they are trying to make Ashton a sexual replacement so Alan can continue to be the same putz with the same lines.

I didn't like all of the references to Charlie, like when Alan realized that Ashton went upstairs with both girls. Couldn't the writers think of something more creative than to give Ashton the same place sexually as Charlie?

Ashton himself called Demi "leftovers" in an interview about the show to point out how/why he doesn't mind taking Charlie's leftovers.
I didn't think it was all that funny either. I was disappointed. I didnt like the Charlie references either and I hope they don't make Ashton to be like him. There is only one Charlie Sheen. I will still give the show a chance and watch it again next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV