Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 01:25 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
There are 4 hours of Gunsmoke on a day. Late color episodes on TVL and Encore Western has two 1/2 hour B&Ws followed by another 1 hour Black and White. It ahs to show up
Not necessarily. I used to watch Gilligan's Island for years when I was growing up. There was one episode that I never saw until the 90's. So, for whatever reason, there is no promise that every episode will be shown. Not that it isn't likely, but it isn't certain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 09:00 AM

This must have been a side story to the main story. Or else it was about a gang, and the description didn't go into this much detail.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:07 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
I recently seen an episode where Quint was thrown into a well......

Old 08-15-2012, 09:57 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,923 times
Still looking, Ozzie!! Sure have watched a lot of Gunsmoke lately LOL!!

Saw the one the other day where Festus helped the old preacher build a church for the Indians. That was always one of my favorites

Old 08-15-2012, 10:01 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think you are thinking of little house on the prairie cause they had an epi about the ingalls daughter carrie falling into a well and the town drunk had to get her out .
WRONG!! Was Not the Town Drunk was a Dwarf that brought his family to town!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:12 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Does anyone know that name of the episode about a boy who falls into a well?

The father won't accept charity. But after the men help save his son, he softens up. They dig a second well next to the first one and then dig a tunnel connecting them in order to save the boy.

Thanks for any help.
I think I remember the episode you're referring to although I don't know the title. A boy falls into a well while arguing with his father. The boy was entangled in a rope as he fell and the father suffers rope burns on his hands holding onto the rope trying to stop the boy's fall. At the end of the episode Matt is the one who reaches the boy through the tunnel from the rescue well which they dug parallel to well he had fallen into. As I recall, one of the boy's 'friends' trys to keep him from being rescued because of some crime they had both been involved in and he doesn't want the boy to be a witness against him. (As best as I can remember).

I did find this link which lists all the Gunsmoke episode titles and gives a description of each.

Gunsmoke Episode Guide 1972 Season 18 - The Brothers, Episode 12 | TVGuide.com

It lists 413 total episodes for the entire 20 seasons and so the one you're looking for has to be in there somewhere.

I hope you find it in there.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I think I remember the episode you're referring to although I don't know the title. A boy falls into a well while arguing with his father. The boy was entangled in a rope as he fell and the father suffers rope burns on his hands holding onto the rope trying to stop the boy's fall. At the end of the episode Matt is the one who reaches the boy through the tunnel from the rescue well which they dug parallel to well he had fallen into. As I recall, one of the boy's 'friends' trys to keep him from being rescued because of some crime they had both been involved in and he doesn't want the boy to be a witness against him. (As best as I can remember).

I did find this link which lists all the Gunsmoke episode titles and gives a description of each.

Gunsmoke Episode Guide 1972 Season 18 - The Brothers, Episode 12 | TVGuide.com

It lists 413 total episodes for the entire 20 seasons and so the one you're looking for has to be in there somewhere.

I hope you find it in there.
Thanks so much for those details! They sound very familiar.
I have already read through the last 10 seasons (which were all in color) from mid 60's to mid 70's. I couldn't find it. I estimate it being late 60's to early 70's but I'm not certain.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 PM

By the way, here is the link to the complete brief summaries of each season. You can see an entire year's worth of summaries on each page.

Gunsmoke Season 20 - ShareTV

Old 12-15-2012, 06:43 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,923 times
FOUND IT!! It's called "Nowhere to Run". On TVLAND.com today.

Story line given is deceiving, but it's the one your looking for!

Old 12-15-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
FOUND IT!! It's called "Nowhere to Run". On TVLAND.com today.

Story line given is deceiving, but it's the one your looking for!

Thanks so much! Yes, that sounds like the one from this description. Wondering why the search didn't work before:

Nowhere to Run (15 Jan. 1968)
"A wounded man falls into his father's well, and rescue attempts are complicated by nearby blasting and the fact that the rescue party includes two men who don't want him to be rescued."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV