Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:47 AM

115 posts, read 195,582 times

Advertisements

I was surprised to find out that Nene is a SAG member.

From wetpaint.com: "Her pre-RHoA roles were in Spike Lee's Fighting Temptations with Cuba Gooding Jr., and bit parts on The Parkers and Girlfriends. She adds, "And then it kind of just phased out for me. I wasn't getting auditions anymore, I wasn't really coming out here to try, and then I met the producers of the Housewives of Atlanta." "

I agree, this character she is portraying isn't working. I guess she'll do for the filler lines, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 12:19 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
I never thought I would say this, but NeNe Leakes is the only reason to watch this show. Ellen Barkin is a close second ... she and NeNe will be excellent together.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
I thought the same thing during the Pilot episode Domer.

Nene and Ellen the fact they are so polar opposite yet speak their mind its hilarious especially when Nene (Rocky) puts Nana (Ellen) in her place. Drama in a light hearted show makes it funny.

The story with Andrew Rannells (Bryan and Justin Bartha (David) and Georgia King (Goldie) is cute but with the Monster in Law and fiesty assistant creates interesting show.

Then there ois Bebbie Woods (Shania) that girls can be witty and acts great with her zingers.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:04 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
Last night's show surprised me - in a good way. I didn't expect them to get serious so early in the show, if at all - I really, really liked that they did. Also glad to see Ellen's character softening somewhat and struggling with acceptance instead of ending up being too brash and one-note.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:43 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,863 times
The stuff with the gay-bashing and just general bashing seemed like overkill to me. Like the hammer they made their points with was way too big...gigantic, in fact. Oh well. Goldie's grandmother, while still not likeable, at least is improving a bit. I still don't see why Goldie wants to be around her, however. Hopefully, there are more upbeat episodes to come.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 PM

Another great episode, I am glad this show seems to touch all type of prejudices. Even political humor tonight.
Funny lines from tonight show:
Ambien Sex with Tiger Woods
If they aren't black albinos we're screwed!
Unless Romney wins...we'll just have to sit here and watch you die!
If they start dating I throw under the bus, if they start dating this is no god.
Like giving Pennicillin to a Kardashian...a little too late.
he's black, he's an actor....he's a black-tor....really?
Wayland and madame... oh god am i dating myself!?

Old 09-25-2012, 11:48 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
The stuff with the gay-bashing and just general bashing seemed like overkill to me. Like the hammer they made their points with was way too big...gigantic, in fact. Oh well. Goldie's grandmother, while still not likeable, at least is improving a bit. I still don't see why Goldie wants to be around her, however. Hopefully, there are more upbeat episodes to come.
Goldie really doesn't have a choice but to be around her grandmother. She ran away from Ohio to California but her Grandmother followed her. She can't get away from her. But I do think she should at some point stand up to her grandmother and tell her to stop trying to run her life and show some respect for her choices.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:49 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
I've watched it from the pilot but will not continue, I think this show is just dreadful. Every character in it is a cartoon, and not in a good way. I despise the hellish "nana" character - she looks like Steven Tyler, and I don't find her complete mean-spirited character entertaining in any way. Goldie is too "goody-goody", the one gay guy is WAY too over-the-top flaming, the little girl too precocious, etc. etc. No one is in this show is even "close" to being "normal." LOL Which I guess is their point, but I think this show is just going to be polarizing.

I see it comes from the creators of Glee, which I like a lot more, but frankly only for the musical aspect of it. The characters and plots on Glee are just as abysmal.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:49 PM

The New Normal today announced it has been picked up for a full season.

This is a great cast and funny show with made you think moments.

Show comes on tonight at 9:30.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:17 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,863 times
Good news! Didn't expect it so soon, but yay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV