Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 03:39 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Oh, and Family Matters and Fresh Prince of Bel Aire - both mom's changed actresses and I didn't care for the new ones.
The Fresh Prince changed moms? You mean Vivian right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 07:59 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,746,263 times
The details are really fuzzy (and to be fair, the whole thing was a convoluted mess even as it happened) but the lead characters on the sci-fi show Earth: Final Conflict changed at one point, and the whole premise of the show went with it. It was so jarring that I didn't even continue watching after Lisa Howard took off.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:02 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,153,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
The Fresh Prince changed moms? You mean Vivian right?
Yes. Not sure when, but they got a different actress. It wasn't that she was *bad*, it's just you get used to a certain actress, you know? I wasn't a fan of the show, but I would watch it sometimes and when I saw episodes with the new mom, it seemed off to me.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:00 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Don't forget M*A*S*H...

Trapper John replaced by BJ Honeycutt

Col. Blake replaced by Col. Potter

Maj Winchester replacing Maj Burns

Even Cpl Klinger taking over the admin duties when Radar left

I think the changes played well for all involved as the stories were built around each character.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:02 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,837,936 times
My all time favorite was the very last episode of The Bob Newhart Show. In the first original plot line of the show, he and Suzzanne Pleshette lived in an apartment I think in Manhattan, or New York, and he was a psychiatrist. At the end of the show they would be lying in bed talking, as they faded out. When that season ended, he moved the series to the east coast, and a blond actress played his wife. I can't remember her name. The final episode payed homage to the first incarnation of the show with Bob laying in bed talking to his wife in the dark. In this final show, he was telling his wife he had a nightmare that he had moved to the east coast, and was a psychiatrist in a country town, and how much he hated it. Without missing a beat, the light comes on, and he and Suzzanne Pleshette are lying in the original bed in the original bedroom set of the first show, and she turns to him and says " O, Bob, just go back to sleep, it was just a bad dream." Hilarious!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:01 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Does the OP mean "characters" or "actors"? There is a difference ...

Old 08-07-2012, 09:58 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Does the OP mean "characters" or "actors"? There is a difference ...
I mean they changed actors but for the same character. Like in That 70's Show, the first actress who played Laurie(the sister) left and a new Laurie came in to replace her, still as the sister.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
When they switched the actresses who played Becky on Roseanne, I didn't like the new Becky at first. Sarah Chalke was too pretty and looked too much like a model. Plus she was a little bit of an airhead and I always liked how Becky was initially portrayed as the studious, smart sister.

But... as the show progressed I could see why they chose Sarah Chalke.

Becky's story became about her marriage to Mark, and the 2nd Becky was much more believable as a wife for Mark than the 1st Becky. When they switched actresses again and brought the first Becky back, she didn't seem to fit with him at all. Then they began switching back and forth between the two actresses (and sometimes they both appeared on the same show). I'm not sure if it was a joke or if both actresses had scheduling conflicts, but I found I liked the 2nd Becky better than the 1st Becky as far as the particular plot lines this character was following.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:41 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Newradio. After the tragic murder of Phil Hartman, they brought in Lovitz. Who was a very poor replacement.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:03 PM

1,785 posts, read 2,382,960 times
The Dukes of Hazzard replaced Bo and Luke for a whole season with Duke cousins Coy and Vance. Tom Wopat and John Schneider had a salary dispute with the producers so they replaced them, erroneously thinking the General Lee was the true star of the show. Talk about a major change!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV