Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 02:14 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Last night's episode was kinda sweet and nice. I felt that Suki (the wife - I think that was her name) deserved the good stuff GR did for them and gave to them more than her husband who was actually in the car accident! Ok, wait ... don't throw that tomato at me just yet - let me 'splain!

Suki was really working her tail off. Although her sushi was probably not very good and it was not the greatest idea to have a sushi-only menu in the hotel's restaurant, and it took her about 3 hours to prepare ONE meal ( ), she took the initiative and did something! She seemed to really, genuinely care about what she was doing and her heart was in the right place. A really sweet, lovely woman (and you guys know I never say that about anybody on these shows! ).

It's terrible that David, the husband, was involved in the auto accident and I'm glad he survived. Certainly after a major accident that left him with injuries he needed a time for recuperation. But 3 years, or however long this was??? He seemed mostly fine to me. He was up walking around and doing things. I really don't know why he could not have pitched in and helped. He seemed to have no problem "hangin' out" with his cup-o-joe and hobbling around on his cane doing his one-man stand up routine.

I got the sense that he was somewhat chauvinistic because (a) he didn't tell his wife about their bills or how much in debt they were; (b) he probably kept her in the dark about the foreclosure of their home because he wouldn't share the financial info with her; and (c) he wouldn't get off his behind and help Suki in the kitchen because it "wasn't his territory". I got the feeling he really wanted to say "The kitchen? That's women's work!!!" She quit her job and her social life to step in and save their business. She moved out of her home and into a windowless hotel room. She slaved away while her husband just sorta lounged around the place in leisure-mode.

I know he was really appreciative of what GR did for them too and he expressed that, but Suki is really the person who deserved what GR did for them. It was really nice that GR rented a place for them so they could have windows and a place away from the business so they don't get burned out. GR is so nice!!!

Ok, so ..... we got another scene starring GR's blurred out naked butt!!!

He sure is getting a lot of mileage out of that 'thang!!!

The place looked nice after GR did his thing and I hope these people are able to pay down their debt and get back on their feet (even while riding a chicken!). It seemed odd to me that Suki did not know "that many people" ate in restaurants, or that they could have a restaurant that serves 100 or more people per day. In a college town, no less! Could she really be that "in the dark"??? And ... where do their kids live? In the hotel? In the apartment with mom and dad? Do they have their own place(s)? Inquiring minds want to know!

Ok, donkeys ... that's all I for for ya now. As the brain warms up and the butt gets into gear I'll probably have more mindless drivel to post. I know you're ALL really, really looking forward to it!
Hope that worked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 11:10 AM

Did anybody watch it last week???

Is anybody gonna watch it tonight???

Hello??? Bueller ..... Bueller ..... Bueller .............

Old 08-18-2014, 11:21 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
I have to watch it tomorrow. Stupid Roku! I get everything the next day.

There better be some naked Gordon tonight again.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:25 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Did anybody watch it last week???

Is anybody gonna watch it tonight???

Hello??? Bueller ..... Bueller ..... Bueller .............
I don't know if I did or not! Was it with Suki?

Old 08-18-2014, 12:01 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I don't know if I did or not! Was it with Suki?
yep

Old 08-18-2014, 12:25 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Gordon Ramseys new show, "Hotel Hell" was on tonight and I LOVED it! Did anyone else happen to catch it tonight? I love Hells Kitchen, not much on Kitchen Nightmares, but this one for me is so far so good!

No, I can't watch Ramsey. My first instinct when he's scrreaming at me at the top of his lungs would be to kick him in the nuts.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:29 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I have to watch it tomorrow. Stupid Roku! I get everything the next day.

There better be some naked Gordon tonight again.
No.. Though you do see him walking down the street in a bath robe..

And packing up his.. Speedo? in his suitcase at the end.

First time I've seen him do what he did here.. Basically fire the owners. or get them to fire themselves. Deserved.. Right thing to do.. But.. Did anyone notice no "Here's how things are going..."

Hmm.. Some searching.. They just put a new menu up.. "Rita's" items on the menu are gone.. A FB post from May 10th show comment cards referencing "Vanda" and "Rita".. So don't think the changes stuck

Ooh.. Just got a Celebrity Death Tweet.. Don Pardo is dead.

Last edited by Labonte18; 08-18-2014 at 10:57 PM..

Old 08-19-2014, 12:39 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,572,682 times
Spoiled brats given hotel by Daddy and have no clue how to run it....I think this one really stumped Gordon. These girls were just nuts. I couldn't believe that Daddy bought them a hotel for fun....Not surprised if it didn't work out even after that gym room he built...that was strange.

Last I knew, Don Pardo lived here in Tucson and was in his 90's. I knew where his condo was....don't know if he was still there or not.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:29 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Did anyone notice no "Here's how things are going..."

Hmm.. Some searching.. They just put a new menu up.. "Rita's" items on the menu are gone.. A FB post from May 10th show comment cards referencing "Vanda" and "Rita".. So don't think the changes stuck
Yes, I did notice that. I figured those girls would not be able to stay away.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:46 PM

I haven't watched it yet. Gonna watch it tonight. I was kinda sorta asked at the last minute yesterday if I wanted to take somebody's spot on my former team in the winter bowling league and I said yes, so Monday nights I will be bowling and I'll have to watch the show on Tuesday and post my rants and crap after I watch it. LOL. But .... bowling was fun!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV