Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 11:25 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,542,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
The other thing that annoys me is their manner of speaking. Why do they drag out their words and speak like they have a scratchy throat??? Is that some new "hipster" thing??
This is referred to as a "vocal fry" - you can read about it (and listen to it) here:

'Vocal Fry' Creeping Into U.S. Speech - ScienceNOW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 12:54 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
none of these girls are from NYC they are all from other states with the exception of the toothy girl who interns with Amy she is from Long Island which is not even a boro.
Sadly, that's what NYC is coming to. All the transplants with their attitudes and stupid hipster accents and fakeness, all coming here on a "Carrie Bradshaw" dreams. Thankfully, the majority of them are confined to living in Brooklyn.

I thought Amy was originally from Manhattan? And what about the one who's been interning for Eli forever?

The Long Island girl is very pretty --- she should look into modeling. She has that "look".

Old 09-02-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
This is referred to as a "vocal fry" - you can read about it (and listen to it) here:

'Vocal Fry' Creeping Into U.S. Speech - ScienceNOW
Whatever they call it, it's annoying and sounds ridiculous! I hate when they want to end a sentence and they say "yeaaaahhhh, sooooooo" and then stop talking. Do they realize how STUPID they sound??? I would never hire someone who spoke like that, regardless of their credentials.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:11 AM

OMG... I just caught the end of the last episode. Eli had Maggie in the back stuffing envelopes. Then, when a famous art collector came in, he calls out "Maggie, have you filled the dog water bowl" and has her go out, fill the dog bowl with water and go back to stuffing envelopes". All the while, Liz is out front interacting with the art collector.

An internship is not only getting experience but also about making connections and he made sure to make her look completely foolish in front of the collector. Finally, Eli brings the collector in the back where Maggie is surrounded by the envelopes she's stuffing and introducese them. The collector says to Maggie "why don't you come out front?" and she couldn't (I'm sure Eli shot her a "look") and said something about having to stay there and stuff envelopes.

How absolutely humiliiating!!!

I don't get why she just doesn't go intern somewhere else (unless it's the "thing" between she and Eli which I will never understand. Ick.)

Old 09-02-2012, 08:50 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
The thing that really blew me away about Maggie, is she didn't take the chance to really interact with the client. The client was nice enough to invite her to come out of the backroom, and Maggie said "No, I have to finish stuffing envelopes". Forgot about that scene.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:15 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
OMG I never laughed so hard! Vocal Fry!

The Vocal Fry Epidemic - YouTube

Old 09-03-2012, 02:49 AM

484 posts, read 854,674 times
these girls also over kill the word ACTUALLY

Old 09-03-2012, 09:01 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
these girls also over kill the word ACTUALLY
I just stumbled on this show and if I hear "like" from the blonde with the nose piercing one more time, I might toss my computer through the television.

...fortunately for me, the show is over and the RHONY are on. Whew! Close call!!!!

Old 09-04-2012, 04:29 AM

I'm glad that Liz was nice enough to give Maggie the opportunity to interact with the famous art collector on last night's episode. Maggie really has to learn to speak up for herself --- from her boyfriend to her "internship" with Eli.

Amy is something else. She really doesn't "get it" about her drinking or her behavior. I wish Liz would really sit down and talk to her about her own past with addictions rather than give her 5 minutes at a coffee shop. They may not be "friends" but they've known each other since they were 5 (as Liz said).

The Asian chick is really on my last nerve. She's so ridiculous and I'm thinking 90% of what she's doing is for the cameras in the hopes of becoming "famous". Chantal? I think I would like this show a lot more if she wasn't on it. She's such a narcissistic as.s

Old 09-04-2012, 04:43 PM

484 posts, read 854,674 times
After last night I understand Why they call the show Gallery GIRLS.......... they act like little girls....... Gallery WOMEN.... would never throw food around and act so immature. This is the second time these GIRLS had a food fight. SICK and SAD.

I Like Liz and find her to be the most mature of the group of girlie's

This show is dragging since last week. I don't see a season two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV