Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 07:25 AM

747 posts, read 1,676,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
Exactly! I forgot that part entirely. She said, "oh I have a great babysitter"....well la dee daaa....did TLC pay for THAT too? Personally, I think Abe and Rebecca have been married all along, and the kid's his.

Merry band of idiots. The lot of them.
I agree with that part 100% I do think without a doubt that the baby is his.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 03:47 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,358,321 times
how far will tlc go AMISH MAFIA?
yeah I will be tuned into beard wielding men carring automatic weapons.............holy cow the Amish are terrorist .....one of those sleeper cells!!!!

Old 11-23-2012, 05:49 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,922,903 times
That dentist must really feel taken, paying out of her own pocket for a set of false teeth on a sob story that was not real. No wonder people end up being so hard hearted.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:03 PM

577 posts, read 897,872 times
I knew something was not right about this show. I thought it was all staged from the start but I didn't realize the cast was fake too. Does anyone remember the scene where Rebecca isn't allowed in her home, and then somehow there's an interior shot of her staring into her house looking forlorn? Well how did the cameras get inside the house for the shot if she was shunned? It didn't make any sense. And I couldn't stand how they kept repeating clips over and over before and after commercial breaks so that you ended up seeing the same scene 10 times. I haven't seen all the episodes, but how does Kate plan to be a model when she's plus size by modeling standards? She is wayyyy to heavy to be a runway model.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:17 PM

993 posts, read 2,283,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
That dentist must really feel taken, paying out of her own pocket for a set of false teeth on a sob story that was not real. No wonder people end up being so hard hearted.
The way this show was going, that was probably preplanned and TLC reimbursed the dentist.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:46 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,703,895 times
Finally got to see Part 2 of the "reunion". First thing that struck me was that TLC is claiming none of them were paid for doing this show?? I really doubt that. A

lso, the mennonite girl was already married and is in the process of being divorced.....

Abe isn't fessing up if he's the baby-daddy to Rebecca's child or not.

Jeremiah is living w/the mennonite girl and his pay is being garnished to pay child support AND he was arrested for Domestic Violence. Also, to just show what a slime he is, the cops had to come to their home one night for a domestic disturbance and instead of him leaving he insisted on staying and she had to go to a women's shelter.

There were FB photos found of Rebecca (long before the show) in a skimpy bikini --- so much for her "modesty".

And, of course, TLC still hasn't explained why this show was done the way it was or why they tried to trick the viewers.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:27 PM

2,267 posts, read 4,104,400 times
Amisi~
Just to explain (certainly NOT to excuse) generally, when LE is called to a domestic one person needs to leave the home and unless there was actually physical evidence (bruises, cuts etc) then there is not one person above the other allowed to stay.

I do think that Jeremiah is disgusting but since he was allowed to stay in the home (in this instance) it was not obvious to LE that he was the clear abuser.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:08 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,070,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I didn't realize that the Amish didn't show affection towards each other such as hugging and kissing. That is so sad for all of their children being raised without that kind of love.
I think that maybe more of a PA Dutch thing. My family is PA Dutch but what the Amish would consider "fancy" vs. "plain'
Anyway, I can tell you that growing up, mine was not a "huggy" family...when I did get a hug, it was accompanied by a pat on the back, but more often I got the good natured hair ruffle by my dad. And the only time I generally got the hug/back pat was at bedtime when I gave them each a quick hug.
I found that it's not all that unusual among the PA Germans

To this day, I'm still not much of a hugger, My kids I hug, and my hubby, the rest best not invade my "hoola hoop"

Old 11-26-2012, 12:48 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,821,541 times
I certainly wasn't raised Amish, and had a decent childhood, but never had hugging and kissing, at least after around the age of 2.

It's not "sad" for people who aren't used to it.

I knew my parents loved me, even though they never gave physical affection. In fact, my parents and I used to joke about the "slobbery huggy kissy families" we'd see. I guess that ridicule/teasing was our way of bonding

Old 11-26-2012, 06:47 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,070,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I certainly wasn't raised Amish, and had a decent childhood, but never had hugging and kissing, at least after around the age of 2.

It's not "sad" for people who aren't used to it.

I knew my parents loved me, even though they never gave physical affection. In fact, my parents and I used to joke about the "slobbery huggy kissy families" we'd see. I guess that ridicule/teasing was our way of bonding
I completely agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV