Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 06:36 AM

5,511 posts, read 7,103,535 times

Advertisements

I can't wait to see what they'll do for next season!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 01:59 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
I liked this season much better than last season. The characters were much better developed and interesting. Yes, lots of storylines and characters to keep track of, but I looked forward to watching it every week more than I did last season.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:48 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,186,389 times
I kept forgetting to mention that those were the worst "Massachussetts" accents! Pure Southie (South Boston). Only they talk like that. Not the majority of Mas*holes. Terrible, just terrible.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,295,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I kept forgetting to mention that those were the worst "Massachussetts" accents! Pure Southie (South Boston). Only they talk like that. Not the majority of Mas*holes. Terrible, just terrible.
I figured the accents were overdone!

Old 01-29-2013, 11:37 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times
I liked the first season but it really doesnt compare to this season. This season was fantastic. It was one of the best seasons of television I have ever seen. It was a long journey and while watching the finale, it felt like I was watching a finale of a show that had lasted seasons. There were so many story lines and characters and they wrapped up everything perfectly by showing us the end for every character.

Explaining the aliens wasnt important to the storyline. All that we needed to know is that they had an interest in Kit for whatever reason. They likely couldnt explain it because it wasnt explainable.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,863 times
I enjoyed both seasons, but I thought that the first season was better. The storyline was more straightforward, and it had a bigger twist. I liked this one, too - I think Jessica Lange really knocked it out of the park this time. But overall I felt like the latest season tried to cover too much ground, to hit too many horror memes at once. I'm looking forward to the novelty of a new story each season with some of our favorite actors and actresses returning in new roles, and hope that next season they have a little tighter focus.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:19 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,652 times
Just got around to watching the finale and I have to say BOOOOO! This season sucked! After a superb first season this season sucked! While I thought the acting was stellar the writing was horrendous. I hope they get new writers for next season.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:15 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,453,835 times
I watched the whole season over the last couple of weeks. I thought it was very different from the first season, which I loved.

I loved this season just as much as the first. I like that they covered so many horror memes. They had the stupid young people murdered in the haunted nut house. They had a serial killer that was the son of a serial killer. The mad scientist/nazi! The nun possessed by satan. Alien abductions. The girl you love murdering the girl you love. Racism. Homophobia. Sane person locked in a nut house. And much more!

It might have been less confusing to me because I watched all the episodes in a short period of time.

What I liked best was the cast. The acting, especially Jessica Lange, was stellar. It was a real treat to watch older character actors like James Cromwell and Frances Conroy.

I liked that the ending was as happy as a horror film ending ever gets.

Season 1 was M. Night Shyamalan, season 2 was Wes Craven. Maybe season 3 will be Stephen King.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:36 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,186,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
Season 1 was M. Night Shyamalan, season 2 was Wes Craven. Maybe season 3 will be Stephen King.
I hope not. If it is, it'll be boring as hell, IMO.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:36 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,037,087 times
New season starts October 9th! American Horror Story: Coven

Do we need a new thread for the new season? I can't wait. I'm sooo bored!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV