Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 11:46 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,635,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
With all due respect, the man did not "take advantage of them," he molested them. That scene made me cry, and I am so glad the writers chose to have the mom believe her daughter.

I was surprised how bright red that stain still was after all this time. That could be considered evidence.

I know what he did, and it disgusts me, I just able bring myself to say that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
With all due respect, the man did not "take advantage of them," he molested them. That scene made me cry, and I am so glad the writers chose to have the mom believe her daughter.

I was surprised how bright red that stain still was after all this time. That could be considered evidence.

that is why the wife said to gabby on the way out, better throw that out.
She knew.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:35 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Default I found Orson!

I haven't watched last night's episode yet but I just wanted to let everyone know......I found Orson!

I know there's been some speculation that maybe Orson ran the cop down, and some have wondered just where Orson is, so I wanted to let everyone know that Orson (Kyle MacLachlan) is in Portland (Or.)!

LOL

Over the weekend, I watched the first four or five episodes of season one of the t.v. show "Portlandia" on Netflix and Orson appears several times in what appears to be a recurring role, playing the mayor of Portland (the real mayor, Sam Adams, appears in cameos). LOL

I don't know if he plays this part beyond what I've already watched, but I just thought I'd let you all know that Orson is alive and well (and out of the wheelchair) in Portland.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:41 PM

977 posts, read 1,109,517 times
Can't figure out why all the women think they're safe since cop was killed...wouldn't another cop in his dept take over his cases and read his files? Don't they make detailed notes?

As far as "wine" stain (on carpet/floor)...doesn't bloodstain turn brown after a while? I'm not sure about that, but thought dried blood is brownish color (rusty) after a while. just nit-picking, I guess. I think the writers require a lot of distortion of reality in this show...almost glad to seeit end...it's getting just too weird for me!

Old 01-24-2012, 12:33 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artangel View Post
As far as "wine" stain (on carpet/floor)...doesn't bloodstain turn brown after a while? I'm not sure about that, but thought dried blood is brownish color (rusty) after a while. just nit-picking, I guess. I think the writers require a lot of distortion of reality in this show...almost glad to seeit end...it's getting just too weird for me!
That's why I mentioned how bright red that stain is. I mean, that is common knowledge that blood stains turn brown, why would the writers not know that? Or was it to conveniently pass it off as a red wine stain from playing smash the bottle?!? That was pretty funny, though!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:00 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:

Well, did they tell the mom why the guy was not coming back? She'd still be curious, I would think, even though she's glad to be rid of the creep.

I think Lynette should be true to herself. A woman should correct what she thinks are defects in her character, we all should be doing that. She should not be making changes in herself, though, merely to please someone else.

That said, she should not have tried to force ambition on a guy who is happy where he is. Not every guy she meets is going to be suitable for a long termed relationship. There are guys you marry and there are guys you date. You should not confuse the two.

There are dating services that cater to people who are career oriented and who dedicate a lot of their personal time to work. She needs the type of guy, probably, that she would meet there. I just don't see how a woman with her drive, intelligence and ambition is saddled with all those kids. I know it must happen, but not all that often.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:51 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Well, did they tell the mom why the guy was not coming back? She'd still be curious, I would think, even though she's glad to be rid of the creep.

I think Lynette should be true to herself. A woman should correct what she thinks are defects in her character, we all should be doing that. She should not be making changes in herself, though, merely to please someone else.

That said, she should not have tried to force ambition on a guy who is happy where he is. Not every guy she meets is going to be suitable for a long termed relationship. There are guys you marry and there are guys you date. You should not confuse the two.

There are dating services that cater to people who are career oriented and who dedicate a lot of their personal time to work. She needs the type of guy, probably, that she would meet there. I just don't see how a woman with her drive, intelligence and ambition is saddled with all those kids. I know it must happen, but not all that often.
I think Lynette gave up her career to be a mother and housewife when the twins were born. Tom and Lynette had a very active sex life and apparently didn't use protection, she is very fertile and Tom must have super swimmers.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

yeah, i didnt get that either. When she was working for carlos she was like the perfect career woman, what made her deceide to have another kid.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:31 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
yeah, i didnt get that either. When she was working for carlos she was like the perfect career woman, what made her deceide to have another kid.

Paige and her twin sister were a surprise if you recall that season of Lynette losing the twin. They do not believe in abortion so there was no question of her having the baby(ies). She and Tom had sex=baby, no other reason, simple.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Paige and her twin sister were a surprise if you recall that season of Lynette losing the twin. They do not believe in abortion so there was no question of her having the baby(ies). She and Tom had sex=baby, no other reason, simple.

oh I forgot about the twin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV