Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 07:32 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Maybe Orson. He does have a very dark side too remember. I still wonder if he really IS paralyzed. I forget how that happened now.

I too was thinking along those lines, but when Bree was being attacked Orson just got the stun gun out and wah-la.....

I thought he was going to jump out of the chair like Captain Marvel and save Bree from harms way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 07:34 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Maybe Orson. He does have a very dark side too remember. I still wonder if he really IS paralyzed. I forget how that happened now.
When the airplane crashed into the block party...right?

Anyway, he said that her friends called him...but then don't they seem surprised or something later? And why didn't the tazed guy just jump up and get him after he was tazed? He popped off the cartridge and didn't reload.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:38 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I too was thinking along those lines, but when Bree was being attatcked he just got the stun gun out and wa-la.....I thought he was going to jump out of the chair like Captin marvel and save Bree from the Brut.

I did too and was surprised he didn't. Maybe he really is. Sure is well equipped to defend himself. He looked wierd in that chair. Like his whole upper body was real stiff. I hadn't noticed that in previous eppies. (as if I really can remember them!) How did he get paralyzed? Anyone remember? The tornado? Hit with a car? Did Beth run him over?

ETA: Oh, the plane crash...maybe. Susan's ex, Carl was killed in that, that I remember.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:59 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Why didn't Julie just have an abortion? I don't understand, if she has such a busy and demanding life without much money, why she would come home to tell this on her mother and impose on her this way. It's not her mother's responsibility, no matter how nice she is about it.

As far as I'm concerned all the characters are coming apart. They are not what they used to be and personality lines are being crossed. I think some of the earlier writers may have left. The show is barely a shadow of what it was. The characters and plot and acting are all wavering.
Quote:
I'm surprised that her mother did not discuss that option with her. An unwanted unplanned for child disrupts everyone's life and just Julie coming home in that condition is a great imposition on her mother and Mike. Notice, how nobody seemed to consult Mike on this? He's probably footing the bill for that household, or the majority of it.

If Julie were getting money out of it, wouldn't she tell her mom that she knows it's an inconvenience for her to be there and that she'd pay rent and share expenses? Wouldn't a decent kid do that rather than just barge into their lives. Wouldn't they, first off, start talking about medical expenses? Even if the adoptive parents are footing the bill, there should be some discussion of that.

This show used to hit on controversial topics and the women each had distinct personalities and attitudes.
Now, we have a powerful savvy business type being saddled with all those kids and the neighbor wanting to keep her daughters baby, adding to all the problems that they already have and another neighbor a drunken **** and even Gabby preoccupied with her kid. They are all getting too stupid - instead of being 'types' and reacting that way they make you feel as though you are looking into the very boring and ugly lives of some of your neighbors.
Seriously? this is a TV show and there would be no plot if she'd done that. Also, some people see that adoption is a beautiful thing and want to give that gift to a couple who can't have kids of their own. I'm really not sure what you mean by imposing on Susan and Mike. I was under the impression that she was just visiting. She didn't ask anything of them. Other than being a little larger around the middle, how would this visit be any more of an imposition than a visit when she wasn't pregnant? Susan obviously didn't know she was pregnant until Julie showed up 6 months pregnant. It is a tad late at that point to discuss abortion, plus, the plot of the show was that Susan wanted her to keep it. Yes, I realize this is just a show. I'm not trying to take it totally seriously. I just don't get your train of thought at all.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I'm surprised that her mother did not discuss that option with her. An unwanted unplanned for child disrupts everyone's life and just Julie coming home in that condition is a great imposition on her mother and Mike. Notice, how nobody seemed to consult Mike on this? He's probably footing the bill for that household, or the majority of it. .
Actually, if you watch the show, except for his time in Alaska, he has never been the breadwinner in the family. Susan was an illustrator, taught school, did sexy cleaning, and now sold her paintings...they live in her house.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:06 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Actually, if you watch the show, except for his time in Alaska, he has never been the breadwinner in the family. Susan was an illustrator, taught school, did sexy cleaning, and now sold her paintings...they live in her house.
Yeah. I guess I'm taking it too seriously. She was always an air head but brought home the bacon more than Mike did. I find it hard to believe that her income supports a house in that area, though.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Yeah. I guess I'm taking it too seriously. She was always an air head but brought home the bacon more than Mike did. I find it hard to believe that her income supports a house in that area, though.
Remember hat her ex husband was rich and they lived there together.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:48 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
It was never exactly realistic to me that Susan could afford to stay in that house, but it's a TV show, you go with it. It wasn't realistic that Mike could afford to rent the house across the street either.

But what does it matter who is paying for what? I don't understand why Mike should have any more of a say in what happens with Julie's baby than Susan. He's not even her dad. They are a family. Who makes what money doesn't matter.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:51 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
It was never exactly realistic to me that Susan could afford to stay in that house, but it's a TV show, you go with it. It wasn't realistic that Mike could afford to rent the house across the street either.

But what does it matter who is paying for what? I don't understand why Mike should have any more of a say in what happens with Julie's baby than Susan. He's not even her dad. They are a family. Who makes what money doesn't matter.
Yeah. I made the mistake of thinking that Julie was going to have the baby in the neighborhood hospital and sponge over her mom's until she had it.

If she is just visiting there is no problem.

Families differ. My mom would have a fit if I showed up on her doorstep in that manner, wanting to stay until the baby was delivered. I wouldn't blame her, either. She did not rear a kid to be dependent and not in control of her own life.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:39 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
and why is Mike even on the show, he needs to go already, his character is about as interesting as a piece of chaulk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV