Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 02:29 AM

82 posts, read 196,269 times

Advertisements

A reality show is only cute (and barely that) the first season, when nobody knows how it's gonna go and they're an inch closer to being "real" . Once the next season starts, people get an idea of "roles" and "strategy" and it becomes even sillier than the whole idea in the first place.

But as for non-reality shows, for the love of Drake and everything as holy as him, why is Degrassi (TNG) still on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 06:53 AM

2 posts, read 2,339 times
I can't help but think of The Simpsons...it's hard to believe that it has been on for over 20 years. Honestly though, I'd rather have The Simpsons stay around for another 20 years if that meant there would be no more American Idol!

Old 10-15-2012, 06:55 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,135,030 times
Every time I try to watch CSI, I think, "This is terrible. How is this one of the most popular shows on tv?"

There are shows that have been cancelled that are WAY better with plot, etc.

Two and a Half Men is not funny. It's just weird. It's never been funny. How does it do so well?

Survivor. Seriously? Real World, Big Brother, etc, etc, etc...terrible. Housewives is better than that garbage.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,336,115 times
David Letterman. Stopped being funny many years ago. Now just seems like a bitter grouchy old man.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:18 AM

750 posts, read 1,431,731 times
The View.

It had such a good premise or intent when it started, and was at times pretty relevant. I enjoyed some (not all) panel members over the years, and it was an opportunity to hear lots of different viewpoints about what was going on in the world, politics, fashion, gossip: serious stuff mixed with not-so-serious stuff.

For some strange reason, the show has morphed into a dreadful thing, more dreadful on those unhappy days when Barbara Walters totters onstage and sits on the panel. When Barbara's there, we are all reminded that it IS HER SHOW. All must bow to her, shut up when she lifts a crabbed hand to speak. The ego of the woman is something to behold.

She's slowly but surely killing the show and it's a sad thing to watch. I can't believe advertisers still pay to air their commercials.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:34 PM

16,603 posts, read 15,542,514 times
We no longer watch CSI shows or Law and Order. Come to think of it, we quit watching The Mentalist too.

Have you looked at how many posts the threads about the reality show get? To be realistic, you need to browse the forum and find the threads about the last few seasons of Survivor, Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, Big Brother, etc. YOU may not like the reality shows, but (obviously) a lot of people do.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:32 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,436,780 times
"The Bachelor/Bachelorette" come to mind. I watched the first season of "The Bachelorette" but none of the others. As for scripted shows, "The Office" really should have ended when Steve Carrell left.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:26 AM

1,779 posts, read 2,371,456 times
The Cleveland Show. It's very medicore and is simply Family Guy in black face. It's as if they used the jokes not funny enough for Family Guy. The Cleveland Show has been on about three years--long enough to have enough episodes to syndicate.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:32 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,265,713 times
Law and Order SVU; reality shows; The View; and Two and a Half Men, even though Rose is supposed to come back and have an interest in Walden(?) so that might actually be worth watching.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:33 AM

1,779 posts, read 2,371,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Every time I try to watch CSI, I think, "This is terrible. How is this one of the most popular shows on tv?"

There are shows that have been cancelled that are WAY better with plot, etc.

Two and a Half Men is not funny. It's just weird. It's never been funny. How does it do so well?

Survivor. Seriously? Real World, Big Brother, etc, etc, etc...terrible. Housewives is better than that garbage.
I hate the CSI franchise. And I really hate that technique the producers use when they zoom into a body to show how exactly the vic (this is supposed to be cool police slang for victim ) died. It's really overused and too flashy.

I never saw the appeal of Two and a Half Men either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV