Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2013, 07:52 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times

Advertisements

Here is Michael Slezak's review of last night's show - I 100% agree with every single thing he said:

American Idol Top 4 Performance Night Recap: I Don’t Think That I Can Take It [Updated] - TVLine

I just want to add that in my whole history of watching this show, I have NEVER seen such blatant disrespect for contestants as what they did to Kree and Candice - not only did that ghetto-ho Nicki use some vulgar language to insult Kree and bring her to tears, she basically told here she would be OK after she goes home tomorrow night! And WTF with the insults to Candice and that dumb dragging Jimmy onstage to discuss AMBER during Candice critique? And they wonder why poor Candice and Kree have "lost their spark." I wish those girls had gone onto the Voice, where they would have been coached and appreciated for the immense talent they possess.

Mariah was the ONLY voice of reason last night. Hope she keeps telling it like it is (heard the show was trying to replace her with Jennifer Lopez) I don't even like Keith anymore, starting with when he started sending the bus for Janelle.

This show really needs to be put out of it's misery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
From gypsychic, post #631, This show really needs to be put out of it's misery.

If it comes back for another season it should be put in a time slot between 3 pm to 5 pm for the kids at home alone after school crowd. Or Saturday mornings. The show has reached its lowest point - ever. The judges and Secrest sound like they're struggling to hold their own realities together.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Here is Michael Slezak's review of last night's show - I 100% agree with every single thing he said:

American Idol Top 4 Performance Night Recap: I Don’t Think That I Can Take It [Updated] - TVLine

I just want to add that in my whole history of watching this show, I have NEVER seen such blatant disrespect for contestants as what they did to Kree and Candice - not only did that ghetto-ho Nicki use some vulgar language to insult Kree and bring her to tears, she basically told here she would be OK after she goes home tomorrow night! And WTF with the insults to Candice and that dumb dragging Jimmy onstage to discuss AMBER during Candice critique? And they wonder why poor Candice and Kree have "lost their spark." I wish those girls had gone onto the Voice, where they would have been coached and appreciated for the immense talent they possess.

Mariah was the ONLY voice of reason last night. Hope she keeps telling it like it is (heard the show was trying to replace her with Jennifer Lopez) I don't even like Keith anymore, starting with when he started sending the bus for Janelle.

This show really needs to be put out of it's misery.
Slezak nails it every week. Last night's fiasco regarding Kree and Candice was disgusting. We wanted to throw something at the screen when Randy and Nicki stormed the stage taking attention away from Candice. Amber's "MacArthur Park" was just awful.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:41 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieAmber View Post
I watched it in between commercials (I was watching Survivor. lol) but I caught Amber's 1st performance and Angie's last. From what I saw (my opinion) Amber sounded off-key and nervous. She would catch herself and get okay for a bit but she kept going off key. Angie's song was so pretty though, I was really impressed with her performance. I didnt vote for anyone though, now that Janelle is gone I really dont have anyone I want to vote for.

I know I said I would vote for Kree, but 1. I forgot 2, and 2. I just am kind of tired of AI this season. And Im still aggrivated that Janelle is gone. lol

I am semi-interested in what new twist they have come up with for the elimination show tonight. I've tried not to get too interested though because it always seems to lead to disappointment. lol
All of last night's performances are available on YouTube on the American Idol channel:

American Idol - YouTube

They also have it broken down by season. Current season 12 performances are here:

Season 12 - American Idol - YouTube

Old 04-25-2013, 10:20 AM

5,118 posts, read 16,592,135 times
Only knew two of those songs, and I only liked one of those two. Overall disappointed with the whole episode. No one performance suited my musical taste. I think they are ALL talented, but only Kree's style/voice would be the music I'd want to purchase. Amber's voice seems to get shrill or shrieky at times and I love Candice's voice, but there is a pitch to her voice that I can't describe that I dont' care for.

As far as judges go.....Nicki, overall gives decent feedback. Her constant stroking of her long hair bugs me and Mariah used to move the hair away from her eyes with her fingers fully extended in a diva way. Can't really describe that but both of them can get on my nerves. Randy's repetitive phrases don't bother that much. And as someone already posted, I like watching Keith really get into the performances and the sincerity with which he gives his opinions/feedback.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
Kree is my favorite when does the blues songs. I liked both her songs last night. Both Candice and Kree could go in several different directions.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Kree is my favorite when does the blues songs. I liked both her songs last night. Both Candice and Kree could go in several different directions.
I agree with you - both Candice and Kree can sing several different genres of music and sound great - both very versatile. I too like when Kree does blues, my kind of music. I personally thought it was one of her best performances in weeks. Judges comments were really stupid.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:23 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
^Good review. Honestly when Amber was singing I said to my husband, "Maybe it sounds very different on TV than it does there," because she did NOT sound very good at all and yes, she sounded like she was straining at times. I did laugh when they were talking about some of these performances sounding "current" - yeah, no when it sounds almost the same as the original performance then it's not current.

As for the duets, I thought Amber & Kree weren't given that good of a song to sing---it's not really a "singy" song if you know what I mean and unless you change everything about the song, there's not much you can do with it. Candice & Angie really had an advantage with "Stay."

Part of me feels like they're pulling for Amber because they're trying to go with someone who is very young and might really appeal to a young demographic. And there were multiple weeks where Amber was in the bottom three, so perhaps they're talking her up to avoid that.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:55 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
You can go to AmericanIdol.com There should be a vote tab or it should tell you how to do it. I know when I did it it was right before one of the shows and it was super easy.

If I had to call in they wouldn't even get a single vote from me! I am mistaken....I did it through facebook. But I go to AI.com every week to vote...
Thank you, will do.

Can't wait for tonight. The show is driving all of us crazy but it sure is keeping me glued to my TV.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Whoever said the judges are not the problem is wrong!
I did, and I was wrong...wrong, wrong, wrong! But I did write that BEFORE last nights barf inducing performances (the bottle of wine had nothing to do with the barfing )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV