Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 08:20 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Kree all the way for me. I love her quiet dignity, beautiful voice, and the fact that she doesn't have to scream, try to dress to impress, or do anything but stand there and let her talent speak for itself. I believe she will be a country superstar if she is marketed right.
Same here. ^^^ I'm not expecting her to win, but that's OK, I am sure producers are waiting in line to sign her to a deal and I will be there the day her CD is released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 08:41 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
It would be awesome Ryan starts the show tomorrow and say we will be doing an Idols first.
After all the hoopla and who ever is last standing saying we have a new twist we are not eliminating no one going home, and have all three compete next week and next Thursday Ryan says one last twist we have three American Idol winners.

I really enjoyed everyone performances all three are winners in there own genre of music.

The show it self has issues but far as contestants Idol has found some amazing talent across America.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-09-2013 at 04:26 AM..

Old 05-09-2013, 01:27 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,507,394 times
While I think all three girls are pretty darn awesome I'm rooting for Kree now. I had no idea about her parents until tonight (kind of been half watching the show this year). When she and her sister went back to the abandoned family home it flat out tore me up. Can't imagine the pain she and her siblings went through losing their parents so young. What's admirable though is she and the show didn't milk that tragedy (like A.I. is usually so eager to do). She just stands on her talent, kindness and warmth. I was reading a review of tonight's show and it had this video posted of an original song Kree did about her parents - get out the Kleenex!

Kree Harrison - 'You Would've Wanted That Way' - YouTube

Old 05-09-2013, 06:27 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Yeah, that was awful about her parents. I don't think Kree will win, but she'll go on to have a great career in country music. Like many Idol contestants of the past, she just has that voice for country music. She's a natural, and she's been doing it since she was a little kid.

At the end of the day, I think the finals will be Candice and Angie, with Candice winning. This is the first time I can remember where I believe that the entire final 3 will go on to have REAL careers in music....not just that typical American Idol career where you have a few albums that go straight to itunes and then never heard from again LOL.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:35 AM

1,092 posts, read 719,987 times
If Kree ends up in the final 2 I am definitely voting for her. I think they're all good, but Kree has great singing ability and stage presence. Sometimes Candice lacks that for me. Angie has a lot of stage presence, it's a great show when shes on but she goes back and forth on good vocals.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,407,499 times
I love Kree, she is my girl. But I have a feeling she is next to go home. That's OK, it will free her up to do what she does without being shackled with whatever restrictions the American Idol Machine places on the winners.

Candice should win IMO, she has the better voice. But I think Angie will take it. Angie is more commercial.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:16 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Great gals left still in the running, and all very deserving of the big win.
!
Am I the only one who wishes those judges (except for KU) would opt to shut their traps sooner than later?!

Most of the time it seems like they just speak to make noise and be heard. Geez!

Old 05-09-2013, 09:21 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Great gals left still in the running, and all very deserving of the big win.
!
Am I the only one who wishes those judges (except for KU) would opt to shut their traps sooner than later?!

Most of the time it seems like they just speak to make noise and be heard. Geez!
For me, it's mostly Nicki. She always has these long "hello" exchanges with the contestants that make me want to barf. How many more times do we need to hear her say "Kreedom"?

Then her comments sometimes take forever to finish.

I liked how Nicki's mind "blanked out" last night ... and there were around 10 seconds of uncomfortable silence.

Keith is also my favorite judge. He keeps comments relatively short, and on point.

Randy is so repetitive with his comments, he could be replaced with a taped recording of his voice, and nobody would notice. "She's in it to win it!" "Yo Dawg!" "It didn't do it for me!" "You know what I'm saying!".

Mariah is pleasant and sincere, so I like her almost as much as Keith.

I think the final two will be Candice and Angie, and still hoping Candice wins.

Angie will do fine on her own because she has the personality and attitude of a star.

However, Candice seems to need others to help her achieve success, because she is very quiet and reserved. But I think Candice was the best singer overall this season.

It almost seemed as if the judges were saying goodbye to Kree last night, so I think even they believed Kree would be the next to go.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:25 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
For me, it's mostly Nicki. She always has these long "hello" exchanges with the contestants that make me want to barf. How many more times do we need to hear her say "Kreedom"?

I liked how Nicki's mind "blanked out" last night ... and there were around 10 seconds of uncomfortable silence.

Keith is also my favorite judge. He keeps comments relatively short, and on point.

Randy is so repetitive with his comments, he could be replaced with a taped recording of his voice, and nobody would notice. "She's in it to win it!" "Yo Dawg!" "It didn't do it for me!" "You know what I'm saying!".

Angie will do fine on her own because she has the personality and attitude of a star.

However, Candice seems to need others to help her achieve success, because she is very quiet and reserved. But I think Candice was the best singer overall this season.

It almost seemed as if the judges were saying goodbye to Kree last night, so I think even they believed Kree would be the next to go.
candice is the best vocally---so she will probably not win---the greasy guy seems to favor angie--yech! does he have a hearing loss? and those songs he picks--yesh!

Old 05-09-2013, 09:50 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

I'm hoping Candice wins too. According to what I just read ALL the judges are going to be replaced, along with Nigel Lythgo, and the show revamped. I guess they've fallen down in the ratings enough that they are beginning to panic. Good!! They need to make some major changes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV