Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
So lets move on from the (undeserved) Nicki hating fest and talk about the CONTESTANTS(That is what the show is about)-Who else thought that Lazaro Arbos kid(the stutterer) was so inspiring? Pretty emotional audition for sure!

I think Lazaro will go far if he makes it into top 24 user vote stage.
I joined his FB page the night he audition and he apparently made that account that day he only had 80 friends and today it up to 583.

He made a video a part of road to Hollywood interview does and it has over 26,000 hits in 3 days.

Lazaro Arbos: Road To Hollywood Interviews - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 12 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 08:10 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,628,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayleTX View Post
IGuess Keith Urban is on there to appeal to the country fans, mostly older people (Keith doesn't see himself as 'older', of course, but IMO he's just another serial-marriage druggy with Hollywood connections regardless of what genre he performs in). .
Serial-marriage druggy? He's been clean since 2006 and has only been married once- to current wife Nicole Kidman.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:57 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,528,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Yup and we choose to call viewers out on their blind hatred. I really hope you are basing your "no class" comment on something she has done outside of Idol because on Idol she hasnt done anything low class at all.

I dont think she needs to be "given a chance" because she hasnt done anything wrong to warrant needing a chance. She's been fine.
Have to disagree with you on this one. She IS a no-class act. Her childish making faces, throwing her little temper tantrums and baiting is a "no-class" act. Therefore, she has IMO behaved in an unprofessional way. Actually, she is just showing her true colors of being conceited to the point of making a mockery of her true self. whatever that was it is long gone beneath the garish wigs and face putty.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:08 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,692,937 times
All I've seens so far are old people hating and misspelling Nicki Minaj. I don't really like her that much, but I don't let that stop me from seeing that she IS a good judge. She doesn't have the expierence but who needs that when you are perfectly capable of seeing who can sing and who can't? However, I do think the cattyness between her and Mariah is a bit childish.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:46 PM

328 posts, read 682,159 times
Show use to be good. Now it is trash. Add it to the trash pile

Old 01-22-2013, 06:26 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,014 times
Yeah what the hell happened to this show. The judges are terrible, the talent is terrible.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:11 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,799,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
All I've seens so far are old people hating and misspelling Nicki Minaj. I don't really like her that much, but I don't let that stop me from seeing that she IS a good judge. She doesn't have the expierence but who needs that when you are perfectly capable of seeing who can sing and who can't? However, I do think the cattyness between her and Mariah is a bit childish.

I believe the "cattiness" between Nicki and Mariah, and virtually everything else associated with that show, are acts designed to generate publicity. Remember there is no such thing as bad publicity!

Old 01-22-2013, 01:16 PM

5,118 posts, read 16,591,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
I would like to see more contestants and less judges.
That's all I gotta say.
Me too. I really don't care about the judges or their drama. I want to hear the contestants.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
If I worked for Fox and I heard American Idol want to sign Nikki Minaj I would tell the producers if they sign her the show would be canceled right on the spot. Mariah Carey is the best selling female artist of all time what has Nikki does jack sh**. Another what were they thinking signing Keith Urban he is a country signer and American Idol is all about pop r&b
Kelly Clarkson? Kelli Pickler? Carrie Underwood?

Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,613,667 times
I would have though Mariah would have had more of a personality, she doesn't. J Lo, was much more entertaining, but I guess because she can sing and write, we must assume she has a big personality, and she doesn't.

Why is Keith there? Who is he? Where did he come form? How much longer will he be around? Does he speak?

randy is also getting a little boring also.

i think this should be the last of the idol serioes, it is really becoming tired already, or I can just change the channel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV