Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 11:52 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times

Advertisements

I tuned in this season simply to see what 20 "amazing" men look like.

Does anyone else think that Kasey resembles a young Ronald Reagan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 12:06 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
Ok it looks as if I'm in the minority here to be saying this....be I didn't like Ben's fake behavior and everything that Michael G was saying was absolutely true! I was hoping that Des was not going to be distracted with Ben's fakeness. We all know that he never has been talking much about his son Brody much, and as Michael G pointed, didn't even go to church or something on Easter Sunday, sounds like Ben was a hypocritical fake. I liked Michael G's risk that he took to protect Des from Ben's fakeness, I also do believe that Michael G has a better chance at finding love with Des then Ben, especially if Ben still doesn't even know why he's not with his son's mother (just good friends at this point.....sure).
Oh, I don't like Ben and was glad to see him go. That being said, the way Michael G. handled that situation was TERRIBLE. If I had been Des, I would have let both of them go. It was immature and extremely rude to do what Michael G. did. At this point I almost dislike him as much as I did Ben.

For the first time since the show began I actually felt bad for Ben and it's because of how Michael acted. He went way overboard and just attacked him constantly. It was too much.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:40 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,249,937 times
I think we all need to remember that Michael G. is a Federal Prosecutor. His job in life is to "needle" the defendants. I suspect when he's after the truth he's relentless. Can you imagine what he's like in a courtroom

Still like him but I think he needs to learn body language cues and Des was not feeling it at all and I was disappointed that he wasn't evolved enough to pick up on that - then again, she's rather a non-confrontational type girl. She's the type to smile and go along with it just to not make waves.. notice how she didn't jump in to stop what was happening? I would have been telling the both of them to shut their yaps or they would both be leaving. She didn't get confrontational with Bryden either .... I would have chewed him out for being a dumb a-- and wasting my time, Then I would have told him to kick rocks he was no longer welcome ....

Hmmmm, maybe Michael & I would make a good couple we'd either be fighting or making up all the time

Old 06-25-2013, 01:48 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,597,080 times
I liked Michael's actions/words while on the 2 on 1 date. He fought for Des by calling Ben out on all the fakeness the guys have witnessed. I don't feel that Ben showed restraint. I feel he didn't know how to defend his actions/words so he got away from Des while he tried to figure out how to proceed. The BEST part was that FINALLY a bachelor/bachelorette listened to what was being said about a housemate that showed two different sides.

It was unfortunate that Des was so uncomfortable, but she HAD to know that going into a 2 on 1 date--especially with Ben. Come on!

I'm Italian an argumentative by nature. I might not have wanted to be witness to that mess, but I'm glad that Michael was able to share with Des Ben's true colors. If he (Ben) had a leg to stand on, he'd have stood up for himself and been able to answer to or dispute Michael's accusations/accounts of what happened. Ben chose not to.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:02 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
I'm not crazy over this season's Bachelorette. I wished they had picked someone we hadn't already known!
I agree with you. This is the first season I have not watched much. I don't really like Des, and I don't think she is very attractive. I know that many will say that is not important, but it is popular because it is kind of a fairytale type of show. We need a princess to root for with great looking guys, and this season we have neither in my opinion.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:07 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I liked Michael's actions/words while on the 2 on 1 date. He fought for Des by calling Ben out on all the fakeness the guys have witnessed. I don't feel that Ben showed restraint. I feel he didn't know how to defend his actions/words so he got away from Des while he tried to figure out how to proceed. The BEST part was that FINALLY a bachelor/bachelorette listened to what was being said about a housemate that showed two different sides.

It was unfortunate that Des was so uncomfortable, but she HAD to know that going into a 2 on 1 date--especially with Ben. Come on!

I'm Italian an argumentative by nature. I might not have wanted to be witness to that mess, but I'm glad that Michael was able to share with Des Ben's true colors. If he (Ben) had a leg to stand on, he'd have stood up for himself and been able to answer to or dispute Michael's accusations/accounts of what happened. Ben chose not to.
You are so correct Eggalegga! I really don't know why Des was so uncomfortable, and so passive....guess just her personality. She never thanked Michael G for bring out true colors, but she still ultimately used his information to direct her in the right way (away from Ben). She should've been thanking him moreso than saying he was inappropriate. Ben was ready to go get drunk with anyone and go have some "fun" on his last night in Germany as he said in the limo on the exit drive. Goes to show....it didn't really hurt him that he lost his chances with Des, but rather that he was ready to party his tail off to almost "celebrate" his exit. Sorry guys.....Ben was trash, I didn't see anything that showed respect for his son either. When his son watches his dad (Ben) in the limo exit one day, does he want to raise a young man to think it's okay to hop on to another woman and get drunk when things don't go your way (not very Christian-like to me)....more hypocritical B.S. I say!

Old 06-25-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I agree with you. This is the first season I have not watched much. I don't really like Des, and I don't think she is very attractive. I know that many will say that is not important, but it is popular because it is kind of a fairytale type of show. We need a princess to root for with great looking guys, and this season we have neither in my opinion.
I agree Georgianbelle! I just didn't get a chance to post this yet! But I do like Des' decision-making at times, although she is not very interesting to me either.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
I think we all need to remember that Michael G. is a Federal Prosecutor. His job in life is to "needle" the defendants. I suspect when he's after the truth he's relentless. Can you imagine what he's like in a courtroom

Still like him but I think he needs to learn body language cues and Des was not feeling it at all and I was disappointed that he wasn't evolved enough to pick up on that - then again, she's rather a non-confrontational type girl. She's the type to smile and go along with it just to not make waves.. notice how she didn't jump in to stop what was happening? I would have been telling the both of them to shut their yaps or they would both be leaving. She didn't get confrontational with Bryden either .... I would have chewed him out for being a dumb a-- and wasting my time, Then I would have told him to kick rocks he was no longer welcome ....

Hmmmm, maybe Michael & I would make a good couple we'd either be fighting or making up all the time
Michael G can be my attorney any day! I like his aggressive personality that shows he will stand up for and protect his woman like a knight should do. He was protecting Des from Ben's lies and fakeness. But she was upset and uncomfortable with that apparently. What is she looking for? A guy that lies to her face and masks evil behind a smile? Love Michael G!

Old 06-25-2013, 03:14 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
I did watch it once, and found myself falling asleep. No one on the show has a personality that makes me want to care about them. Also, after reading about Brooks's lack of ambition, he just seems like a slacker. Who needs one of those?

Old 06-25-2013, 03:24 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,811,786 times
I certainly would not want to be trying to defend myself against Michael G. in court! I'm thinking he's super good at his job!

I do think it's unfortunate that he went as far as he did in trying to get Des to realize the truth about Ben, but I in no way felt sorry for Ben and even less so after his limo comments.

I think Des has made some godo decisions, but I'm a bit surprised at how passive she is at times. I would have handled the situation a lot differently.

Did you ever notice too how unemotional she is when she sends most of the guys home? She doesn't hide her emotions very well at all, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV