Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
Or you can go to abc.com and watch the episodes online. They are available today!
I did! It was a snore fest. I thought watching the finale, she still has strong feelings for Brooks. She was getting very choked up when they were speaking. Des just wants love, and hopes she can get it from Chris.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 01:15 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I did! It was a snore fest. I thought watching the finale, she still has strong feelings for Brooks. She was getting very choked up when they were speaking. Des just wants love, and hopes she can get it from Chris.
Very sad isn't it? I don't know what she see's or saw in Brooke, he needs to learn how to shave too LOL! And poor Chris....gets second pick since it appears that Des didn't really want him in the first place. She actually considered quitting the show when she found at that Brooks was leaving. Chris is great.....and Drew was too. But I think it was just too late for her to decide "OH I GUESS CHRIS WILL DO" now that Brooks left me. Then to make matters worse for the finale, they announce the "NEW" Bachelor as yet another "OLD" contestant. *yawing in advance for next season's Bachelor*

Old 08-07-2013, 02:31 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
I guess that's why they have runner ups!

Time will tell if they can make a go of it... it really is in their hands.

Making a move to Seattle into a new place for both of them is healthy in my opinion.

I would think the risk is more on her part... if it doesn't work out.

Not looking forward to next season. I was looking forward to this season and was happy Des was picked.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:46 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,804 times
I know it's over, but Im watching it...ugh...i guess my man card gets revoked now lol

The worse part is that she says the same things that I do about love....kinda weird.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:59 PM

I will say this...i just went back 3 SEASONS and looked at the guys and their occupations and they ALL have good jobs..there is usually one out of the bunch that doesn't...does ABC really think that's realistic? Or do they just give preference to sales, marketing and lawyer professions?

Old 08-08-2013, 07:45 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Can I ask you fans something? Do you actually believe love has anything to do with this series? How many of these couples' relationships have ever lasted beyond the glare of cameras?

I see the recaps on the morning news, and I gotta tell ya, I'm a bit confused. How can Des love one guy one week have a crying fit over the fact he doesn't love her, yet accept another's proposal?

Doesn't that clue you in on how fake this thing really is?
It's so scripted and edited, who would know what's really "real"? Reality TV = unreality. Bizarre. Not sure what motivates people to do the Bachelor/Bachelorette. Desperation, limelight, wanting a career, the trips, clothes??
But, I do think you can love more than 1 person at a time. She had the hots for Brooks, but when she looked at the total reality, Chris was the "better" choice. What was left out of these scenes? What wasn't shown between the Brooks sad saga and the Chris is the one finality? Should be called "Weird and getting weirder TV."

Old 08-08-2013, 11:48 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Very sad isn't it? I don't know what she see's or saw in Brooke, he needs to learn how to shave too LOL! And poor Chris....gets second pick since it appears that Des didn't really want him in the first place. She actually considered quitting the show when she found at that Brooks was leaving. Chris is great.....and Drew was too. But I think it was just too late for her to decide "OH I GUESS CHRIS WILL DO" now that Brooks left me. Then to make matters worse for the finale, they announce the "NEW" Bachelor as yet another "OLD" contestant. *yawing in advance for next season's Bachelor*
But you know you'll watch it!!

Old 08-08-2013, 05:38 PM

well I watched the first episode and oh my god..these guys make my gender look bad, I mean, bringing your kid, a suit of armor, a magician, a guy with no shirt, a guy that wants her into the fantasy room whatever that is and a guy that rips her dress by trying to dip her? Yeah she would just be better off eliminating those guys right off the bat..and she did on several of them.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:34 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times
Quote:

I know most people here at big fans of Juan Pablo. I was one that didn't care for him so much. He's not attractive to me at all, his accent eerks my ears, and his level of communication has too many barriers. I'm also not so sure about how they explained his relationship with his daughter's mother, "they are still friends, etc....." sounds like trouble. There is no clear reason as to why they broke up, he just said " we are just no more and went our different ways" or something. SURE, SURE

Juan Pablo's feminated voice is going to irritate me....sorry guys. Just my opinion. But I will still watch, can't wait to see what type of women will be on his season. Hoping for some diversity, wonder if he would prefer a bilingual woman for he and his daughter? Just thinking and throwing my 2 cents!

I was really hoping for a BRAND NEW BACHELOR!!!!!
I liked Juan Pablo, very atractive but I don't think he is the best choice for the Bachelor. I am afraid it will be the same scenerio that we saw with Emily and her little girl. No one will be good enough for the daughter. I have nothing against single moms or dads finding love, but just not sure they are the best contestants for reality t.v. Juan Pablo had said when he got eliminated that he missed his little girl so much and was anxious to get back to her. How is he going to handle being away from her for weeks?

I actually think Brooks was maybe thinking he would be the next bachelor and maybe why he wanted to leave. Just my opinion.

I think Drew would of made a great bachelor...........or someone brand NEW as you mentioned!

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:54 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
I like Juan Pablo, too, but I'm not sure he'll make a great Bachelor. First, there's his little girl, and unless Mom lets her appear in some episodes, like Emily's daughter, he's going to miss her very much, and second, he's not completely proficient in English. I honestly think the only reason he got the job (so to speak) is because of the fan reaction at The Men Tell All where he was definitely being "tested".

I'm not sure Brooks would have made a good bachelor, either. He's too wishy-washy. Drew was too effiminate for many of the viewers and Zak didn't have that much of a following, so they had to go past the top four for the first time ever, I think.

The producers won't bring in new blood because they've found a formula in bringing back favorites who didn't win. Basically, the audience already knows them, so they can jump right into the show without having to do a lot of background info on the Bachelor/ette. That saves production costs....

I'm still very curious as to why they revealed Juan Pablo so early...usually it's at the end of DWTS that they announce the new Bachelor. They must be looking at a lot of pre-show publicity to drum up excitement since Des's season was a total ratings bust until the finale when it skyrocketed. They don't want a low ratings season again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV