Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 03:48 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifloridafan View Post
I Am so glad that this is the final season of this truly dreadful show.
So go watch the truly dreadful "Kate Plus 8" or one of the truly dreadful "Housewives of _____" shows instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 07:17 PM

824 posts, read 1,177,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
So go the truly dreadful "Kate Plus 8" or one of the truly dreadful "Housewives of _____" shows instead.

I'll Never watch those garbage shows either, but amish mafia takes the cake, because everything about this truly incredibly awful show is just pathetic and i am so glad that it is coming to an end

the worst show of the 21st century, no doubt about that.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I'll Never watch those garbage shows either, but amish mafia takes the cake, because everything about this truly incredibly awful show is just pathetic and i am so glad that it is coming to an end

the worst show of the 21st century, no doubt about that.
It will never win an Emmy, but I doubt it is the one and only worst show of the 21st century. There are plenty of them and they mostly are in the "reality" category. For example, how did you feel about "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" or "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo?"

Old 02-08-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
It will never win an Emmy, but I doubt it is the one and only worst show of the 21st century. There are plenty of them and they mostly are in the "reality" category. For example, how did you feel about "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" or "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo?"
Their both garbage, but not as truly dreadful as amish mafia, it truly disgraces everything and a total insult to our culture and it makes me totally sick and what's even worse some person on that godawful show said it was real?

b*******!

Old 02-09-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Their both garbage, but not as truly dreadful as amish mafia, it truly disgraces everything and a total insult to our culture and it makes me totally sick and what's even worse some person on that godawful show said it was real?

b*******!
I think Amish Mafia is more of an insult to their culture, not ours!

And what is that naughty word you were trying to spell out in red?

Old 02-09-2015, 06:35 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
I think Amish Mafia is more of an insult to their culture, not ours!
It's an insult to everyone from the Amish community to the founders of the once-legitimate Discovery Channel to the people who paid to have this cultural detritus delivered to their cable box whether they watch it or not. In fact it's pretty much an affront to the cultural sensibilities of the public at large that they actually hoped we would watch it. And I'm ashamed that, as small a segment of society that they represent, there were enough people among us tuning in to keep it running for 4 seasons. I honestly expected it to last roughly 5 or 6 episodes before enough people recognized it as a farce and stopped watching.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
It's an insult to everyone from the Amish community to the founders of the once-legitimate Discovery Channel to the people who paid to have this cultural detritus delivered to their cable box whether they watch it or not. In fact it's pretty much an affront to the cultural sensibilities of the public at large that they actually hoped we would watch it. And I'm ashamed that, as small a segment of society that they represent, there were enough people among us tuning in to keep it running for 4 seasons. I honestly expected it to last roughly 5 or 6 episodes before enough people recognized it as a farce and stopped watching.
I think people keep watching it because it cracks them up!

(At least that's my excuse!)

Old 02-10-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I Know that's right.

this has got to be the worst tv of the decade and perhaps one of the worst tv of the 21st century no doubt, amish mafia is truly, truly embarrassing and completely beneath contempt.

makes all of the other so-called reality shows look like reality tv on some level.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I Know that's right.

this has got to be the worst tv of the decade and perhaps one of the worst tv of the 21st century no doubt, amish mafia is truly, truly embarrassing and completely beneath contempt.

makes all of the other so-called reality shows look like reality tv on some level.
So how did you like the two new episodes that were on Tuesday night?

Old 03-05-2015, 06:21 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,578,168 times
I never try to watch this show, but my husband will stop flipping through channels if he sees it. I'll complain, "Why do you want to watch this? It's obviously fake!" Then I'll sit and watch with him just because I don't want to go into the other room and watch tv alone. We saw something very repugnant when we watched it the other night. This guy with glasses (pardon me for not knowing most of the characters' names, but that's what happens when somebody watches as seldom as I do) was in a carriage with this very fat woman named Mary. He claimed that this very fat, ugly woman could seduce any man. My husband and I looked at each other in disbelief. Say what? Do they really expect us to believe that???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV