Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 07:35 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
And it is also not OK for tiny children to have sexualized behavior presented to them as normal behavior for their age group. If the teacher had been comically/obviously unattractive, and the kid were seen as responding to qualities other than the teacher's sexuality, then it might have been cute. In other words, if the little boy adored his teacher because she was a wonderful person...despite her homeliness, then it would have been cute and endearing. But to suggest that little boys are supposed to recognize... and go after... a hot lookin' derriere .... well, it's not OK.
The commercial didn't show anything of the sort. You must not have actually looked at it. It was short and cute, not a damn movie, and only a sick mind could take a momentary back shot of a woman in a long skirt and say that there's anything sexual whatsoever about it.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:14 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
The only thing I picked up on was the Little Casanova image of the little boy giving out gifts to all the girls. that would not happen. Kids that age still think the opposite sex has cooties and are not interested in even mixing the sexes socially, much less pursuing them with gifts.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:24 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,775,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
The only thing I picked up on was the Little Casanova image of the little boy giving out gifts to all the girls. that would not happen. Kids that age still think the opposite sex has cooties and are not interested in even mixing the sexes socially, much less pursuing them with gifts.
^^^^^This. The baby pimp/dumb girls angle was offensive. They can show him being genuine and it would have been adorable but they went passive aggressive so, it failed.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:16 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
I had a wicked crush on my 6th grade teacher, Robert Salamone.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:17 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,373,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Thanks!

You wouldn't believe how many folks have told me that I am wrong, nuts, dirty, old fashioned etc. etc.!?
(You name it .. I'm it!)

Just a 'cute' boy with a crush on his teacher!

Looks to me like the 'crush' was on the tight skirt!
I see nothing wrong with this commercial it is a boy giving presents to the cute girls in his class

Old 12-17-2012, 07:50 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
It's been on just about every show I watch.
SyFy (A number of shows)
NCIS
Bones
HLN(Nancy Grace)
CSI:NY
Same shows that lots of folks watch.

(AND .. I've yet to see it on Busty Coeds vs. Lusty Cheerleaders)
Okay, the only one of those shows I watch is Bones (first 4 seasons only) and I only watch it on TNT, not Fox, so that's why I probably haven't seen it. I was thinking maybe it was on during some type of sports coverage (baseball, football, basketball, hockey, racing) and maybe something on the Comedy channel or Spike and they were targeting the young male audience.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:05 AM

1,275 posts, read 1,931,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Sexual innuendo + children= not impressed.
^^^I couldn't agree more! Children are sexualized early enough in our society. Depicting even the slightest sexual innuendo with children of this age group is pretty sick. I recently saw an ad spread in a high fashion magazine that featured a 10-year old girl posing as an adult. This little girl is wearing stilettos for pete's sake.

Thylane Lena-Rose Blondeau: Shocking images of 10-YEAR-OLD Vogue model | Mail Online

Old 12-17-2012, 08:38 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I have never seen that commercial until now and I do not like it...at all. I know it is just a little boy and all of that good stuff.

I think it is improper and the first thing I thought of was the case of the female teacher/male student sex scandal.

Can you imagine if the roles were reversed and there was a male teacher and female student? That would just not work, I don't think.....

Old 12-17-2012, 08:48 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post
^^^I couldn't agree more! Children are sexualized early enough in our society. Depicting even the slightest sexual innuendo with children of this age group is pretty sick. I recently saw an ad spread in a high fashion magazine that featured a 10-year old girl posing as an adult. This little girl is wearing stilettos for pete's sake.

Thylane Lena-Rose Blondeau: Shocking images of 10-YEAR-OLD Vogue model | Mail Online
Now THIS is something real to be upset about. That's true sexualization of kids. Not so the commercial.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 AM

861 posts, read 1,147,192 times
I didn't look at the clip. I just saw the picture. I had to go back to look at it again before I realized there were kids in the picture also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV