Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 02:05 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
This is going to be a long season. If you've read the books you know that there are multiple threads with a bunch of characters and they're all over the place. Just Bran becomes a major player, as does Arya. Explaining her story would be an hour by itself.

I have noticed the writers have already sloughed off a couple characters and combined their stories into someone else.

Spoiler
Watch Theon

Again, how would you possibily know what they did to Theon's finger without having read the book??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 02:17 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Again, how would you possibily know what they did to Theon's finger without having read the book??

I would hope that when he gets off the rack the make-up wizards will have something cooked up.

Spoiler
How are they going to handle his castration?

Old 04-14-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Another great episode last night... the scene with Cat telling her story about her inability to love John Snow was pretty sad. I always have a soft spot for underdog characters like John Snow and the Imp. I hope they end up victorious and most of all, alive

It looks like Cercei may have finally found her match in Joffrey's new bride-to-be, who she seems to be as equally adept at head games as Cercei.. It's about time, I say. That should even out the field a bit..

One complain I have about the story.. it's really hard to keep up sometimes because of the multiple sub-plots and many main characters, multiple locations with their own world building, and the plot's fast twists and turns. I can't even remember the name of Joffrey's new girl.. or the Stark kids' names except Arya & Bran...

At the same time, I'm in awe with George RR Martin's storytelling ability. How the heck did he keep up with all of those and still able to make the story so compelling? He's so lucky that HBO picked it up.. under the direction of another network.. it would never have done justice to his books.
Shame on me for not remembering or knowing this, but I just don't remember Cat ever making the speech about her feelings about John Snow in the book. Did she in the book?

Old 04-14-2013, 01:14 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
It will be interesting to see how Kalesai snags an 8000 man army tonite. Don't spoil, please.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:39 PM

7,377 posts, read 12,657,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Shame on me for not remembering or knowing this, but I just don't remember Cat ever making the speech about her feelings about John Snow in the book. Did she in the book?
Nope, your memory serves you right, that's just in the TV series. Cat is developing into a slightly different person. Also, in the book she stays with her father during his illness (when she should probably have hightailed it for Winterfell), and here she feels sad because she hasn't see him in years. It would be fun to compile a list of discrepancies, but for one thing, it would be a spoiler, and for another, some fan has probably already done that on some fansite.

Enjoy 3:3 tonight!

Old 04-14-2013, 05:13 PM

OK. I'm glad my mind is still working (sometimes). Thanks for confirming. I have noticed other differences show vrs. books, but that was one that I really noticed (I always felt the book's Cat's feelings toward John Snow were not inline with her character as a whole).

Again, I will have to wait for tomorrow evening to watch S3E3 on HBO-GO.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:56 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,241 times
I have just read the books and don't get the tv series but the character of Cat in the books was the most disappointment to me. To my mind she took every wrong turn resulting in uncared for children and danger/death for her family. She failed them all.

Just didn't like the character.

Maybe the tv series makes her better suited for the role she should have played in the books.

trying not to spoil anything.

the the positive the sansa character intrigues me and I hope for good things for her. not wanting to spoil there either.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:08 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
I have just read the books and don't get the tv series but the character of Cat in the books was the most disappointment to me. To my mind she took every wrong turn resulting in uncared for children and danger/death for her family. She failed them all.

Just didn't like the character.

Maybe the tv series makes her better suited for the role she should have played in the books.

trying not to spoil anything.

the the positive the sansa character intrigues me and I hope for good things for her. not wanting to spoil there either.

I got confused here for a second. There's another Cat character in one of the later books (either A Feast For Crows or A Dance of Dragons).

Old 04-14-2013, 07:30 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,241 times
The Cat to which I was referring was the wife of Ned Stark, Catelyn Tulley.

Littlefinger was the only one that I recall called her Cat.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:20 AM

7,377 posts, read 12,657,494 times
Oh, the TV show is more generous to Poderick than the book!

"A bear there was, a bear, a bear!" And now we can all sing along!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV