Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 08:59 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,135,510 times

Advertisements

I can't believe there isn't a thread about The Biggest Loser. Well here we go!

Who watched last night's episode?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
I kinda felt sorry for TC having to go home after he finally got his mind working in the gym. He really did an outstanding job after he got home, though.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:42 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,381 times
I felt bad for Jillian's team. I think they should've jsut not eliminated anyone since the one girl quit.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:48 PM

2,105 posts, read 3,010,703 times
I felt bad for TC also. Hope he continues to lose weight at home and not give up. I think after what happened to his son he will though. Can't believe the girl on Jillian's team just gave up. What a waste, someone else who could've taken that spot should be invited in. JMO. I see where the kids won't be weighed on tv. Smart move, they have enough crap to deal with from other kids, why embarress them more on national tv by revealing their actual weight.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:53 PM

468 posts, read 1,541,746 times
I enjoy the show and watch every season. Jillian seems extra annoying this season. She would be my last choice as a trainer.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:13 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1999 View Post
I enjoy the show and watch every season. Jillian seems extra annoying this season. She would be my last choice as a trainer.
At this point, I would agree. She seemed more screaming mimi than motivating last night.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:52 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,142,138 times
She's always seemed that way to me. She's a big part of why I stopped watching this show.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:02 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
The two guys are both a hundred times nicer. She is just obviously not a kind person at all.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 01-07-2013, 06:43 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
I can't believe there isn't a thread about The Biggest Loser. Well here we go!

Who watched last night's episode?
I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I kinda felt sorry for TC having to go home after he finally got his mind working in the gym. He really did an outstanding job after he got home, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I felt bad for Jillian's team. I think they should've jsut not eliminated anyone since the one girl quit.
Had Jillian had a compassionate bone in her body, she would have encouraged the girl to quit to at least stick it out until after the first weigh-in. The way she (Jillian) handled the situation, she actually ended up sabotaging her own team. However little the girl may have ended up losing, with the 5-pound advantage her team had going into the weigh-in, it's possible that they would not have lost the weigh-in. And had they lost, the quitter girl would most likely have been the one to go home after all, and TC could have stayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
At this point, I would agree. She seemed more screaming mimi than motivating last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
She's always seemed that way to me. She's a big part of why I stopped watching this show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
The two guys are both a hundred times nicer. She is just obviously not a kind person at all.
In my opinion, Jillian is the world's biggest "b-rhymes with wtich". How she keeps such a huge fan base is beyond me. It's entirely possible to motivate people without humiliating them. The contestants on the show have been humiliated all their lives. Why should they have to put up with more from their own coach?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,142,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
In my opinion, Jillian is the world's biggest "b-rhymes with wtich". How she keeps such a huge fan base is beyond me. It's entirely possible to motivate people without humiliating them. The contestants on the show have been humiliated all their lives. Why should they have to put up with more from their own coach?
That's the other thing that I can't stand about the show. It seems so opposite to what I would hope that the show would be ... actually trying to help people. But the way they're so into throwing people out who are the least fit (i.e. the ones who need it most) especially right off the bat, just doesn't do it for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV