Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2016, 09:55 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Just the fact that Democrats are so afraid to have all voters use some form of ID shows how corrupt voting can be.

We need to show an ID for so many things in life so why not for one of the most important and hard fought rights in the world...voting.
I don't remember that episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 03:55 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,530,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I don't remember that episode.
Because it's off-topic, and belongs in another forum.

I am more psyched for season 5 than any other so far. I agree with a previous poster, that this next season is going to go off a deep end, and we'll start to see that absolute power corrupts absolute. I bet they use executive orders to seize dictatorial power. The producers could take it to the next level, and have the Underwoods start undermining the bedrock of our government. It's only TV, but there is a great opportunity to show what is possible if we turn our collective backs, and blindly trust the people in government. Even if not plausible, the producers could push the envelope of what is theoretically possible.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:35 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
I can't be bothered to finish this season and can't quite put my finger in why. Might be partially because the leads are so dispicable, partially because the show is so unbelievable at times.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:28 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I can't be bothered to finish this season and can't quite put my finger in why. Might be partially because the leads are so dispicable, partially because the show is so unbelievable at times.
I finished it and thought the show has been going down hill since the end of season 2 and have been getting more and more annoyed at just how well everything works out for the Underwoods, for instance

Spoiler
Lucas shoots Frank and the following happens:
-Lucas, who knows a lot of what Frank has done (killing Zoey Barnes, killing Peter Gallagher, setting him up to be arrested, abuse of power, etc.) is killed and out of the picture
-Dunbar, who had a clear lead over Frank in the Democratic race, torpedoes her campaign by admitting she met with Lucas
-Meechum dies
-Frank should have died but thanks to Doug forcing his name to the top of the list (in the process the man he bumped, who had a family, dies) he survives

So in the end Lucas wound up helping Frank. Dunbar is out of the way and it allowed Claire time to do her thing with Blythe. Speaking of which, how can you have such a weak Vice President? Claire waltzes in and Blythe listens to everything she tells him and he ignores the advisors in favor of going with her ideas.

It’s to the point now where you have Frank needing to run the country, run his campaign and constantly be putting out fires for the stuff he’s done. How long can he keep this up?

Old 04-08-2016, 08:35 AM

1,624 posts, read 1,354,061 times
I liked how the season finished and it looks like a great set-up for next season, which I hope will be the last. It will be interesting to see if the series ends in the same or similar way to the original BBC series.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:16 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
I watched the whole movie The Princess Bride wanting to see Robin Wright in an early work. Well the whole movie played I didn't know she played the freakin' Princess!

Sorry couldn't get this photo to post you'll have to click the link to see side by side pics of her she doesn't look like Mrs. Frank Underwood with any feature. Well OK maybe her collarbone.

The Cast of 'The Princess Bride': Where Are They Now?

Old 04-16-2016, 08:26 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I watched the whole movie The Princess Bride wanting to see Robin Wright in an early work. Well the whole movie played I didn't know she played the freakin' Princess!

Sorry couldn't get this photo to post you'll have to click the link to see side by side pics of her she doesn't look like Mrs. Frank Underwood with any feature. Well OK maybe her collarbone.

The Cast of 'The Princess Bride': Where Are They Now?
As someone who grew up in the 80s/90s, I'm amazed at the idea that someone hasn't seen Princess Bride a bajillion times and didn't know Buttercup was Robin Wright.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:24 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
As someone who grew up in the 80s/90s, I'm amazed at the idea that someone hasn't seen Princess Bride a bajillion times and didn't know Buttercup was Robin Wright.
I'm a little older than you and my kids weren't born in the 80s so totally missed Princess Bride. Still doesn't even look remotely like Robin Wright I know of.

Old 04-17-2016, 07:37 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I'm a little older than you and my kids weren't born in the 80s so totally missed Princess Bride. Still doesn't even look remotely like Robin Wright I know of.
Jax say it isn't so! That's inconceivable!

Old 04-18-2016, 11:27 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Jax say it isn't so! That's inconceivable!
Ha! I bet a bunch of cultural references now make a lot more sense to him now. Have fun storming the castle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV