Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 12:59 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times

Advertisements

TV Land is nowhere near worthless and shouldn't be on the list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 03:47 PM

148 posts, read 188,168 times
channels i watch mostly

ESPN and ESPN 2: occasional futbol matches, some baseball, a little college football, major championships in golf but probably watch more ESPN3 (online channel) than either

NBC Sports: occasional futbol, cycling in the summer

MLB Network: baseball obviously

Universal Sports: cycling and olympic sports

Travel Channel: No Reservations and Bizarre Foods mostly

USA: Burn Notice and occasional movie

BeIN Sports: international futbol

Weather Channel: tornado chasing show and whenever there is tropical activity

History: Ancient Aliens and occasionally they have some other interesting stuff but way too many pawn and storage junk shows

Fox News: Red Eye, only show worth watching on that network

HBO/Showtime: movies, Curb Your Enthusiasm, stand up comedy

A&E: First 48

Fox Soccer: not a big fan really, way too EPL centric, but will watch occasionally

Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,806,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
The Lifetime Movie Channel should be called "Noble Self Sacrificing Women and the Mean, Evil, Nasty, Wicked, Bad, Two Timing Miserable Excuse For Men Who Betray Them Channel."
It could also be called the "Saved Just in Time" Channel!

Gotta love movies with titles like this:

Dead at 17 - Official Movie Site - myLifetime.com

Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Plus, any channel that keeps Nancy Grace on the air is inherently evil itself.

I'm bummed that they replaced the Big Joe Polka Hour with a different polka show. I liked Big Joe; he reminded me of Sunday visits to the Polish grandparent's house.
Oh I understand. Yes indeed. I'm half Polish and my parents would actually go to Polka contests. They were quite good, feet flying everywhere on that dance hour. Kinda fun to watch. But the music does get monotonous.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
TV Land is nowhere near worthless and shouldn't be on the list
I agree. I mean...who can diss I Love Lucy? It's nostalgia and classic TV.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
All of the Spanish channels are worthless.

umm...not here in San Antonio. Telenovelas are sacred.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:37 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
I disagree! I LIKE the Weather Channel and Animal Planet.

The rest can just disappear...

Old 01-29-2013, 05:56 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Mayor of Philadelphia didn't want the showing airing in philly anymore because he felt it made the city look bad
It was the most accurate portrayal of Philadelphia in the media ever. No wonder NutterButter wanted it canned.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
It was the most accurate portrayal of Philadelphia in the media ever. No wonder NutterButter wanted it canned.

And that's why I hate him

Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 AM

607 posts, read 958,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are only excluding Maddow because she actually "goes in" on Obama 2 entire episodes a week.

That aside, no , MSNBC is not the left equivalent of FOX News.

1. MSNBC does not lie about their bias whereas Fox continues to claim they are "fair and balanced."

2. MSNBC does not call bloggers "experts"

3. MSNBC does not use the conspiracy theories of bloggers and report them as facts.

4. Not only does MSNBC employ Conservatives and Republicans as analyst, they actually allow them to host shows

5. MSNBC does not hide behind a "source" when they get something wrong. When something does slip through the cracks, they apologize for it instead of just posting something on their site on a page no one reads.
Not getting into a back and forth - I don't watch either station enough to play the "oh yeah, well they are worse because..." game, and have no desire to break down the relative merits and political leanings of the guests on the various MSNBC shows vs. Fox, but one of your points made me chuckle:

Quote:
1. MSNBC does not lie about their bias whereas Fox continues to claim they are "fair and balanced."
Based upon the POV of most Dems I read on message boards, MSNBC doesn't have a bias; only Fox has a political agenda.

Nothing says middle of the road like Al Sharpton, Ed (suspended again) Schultz, Lawrence O'Donnell and the dearly departed Keith Olbermann

- and you'll note that I never defended Fox or its content in either of my posts, but only pointed out the hypocrisy of pretending a left-wing slant in the news doesn't exist.

Truth be told, pretty much the only cable news show I watch with any regularity is Out Front with Erin Burnett on CNN (feel free to shoehorn me into whatever category you like...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV