Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2013, 04:31 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,462 times

Advertisements

Exactly! That's why I hope Elissa win's something walking away, America's favorite or something! She put on a smile through a lot of bashing and abuse in that house. She handled herself well in some very intense situations with Amanda. Can't wait to see what's been going on in the jury house, especially with Amanda, Elissa, Aaryn there. OMG! Probably less stressful in the jury house though now that the competition between them is over, some of their sanity has possibly returned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 07:36 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,077,765 times
I agree. I hope Elissa wins Americas Favorite even if she doesn't need the money. A lot of the racist remarks were not made directly to the person they were talking about but behind their back. In Elissa's case Amanda went on that rampage yelling really hurtful things which Elissa heard. To be in that position is really humiliating especially with all the other houseguests hearing every word. According to those that watch the feeds she also did some embarrassing things to her. Last night besides Andy constantly bringing her up he also sat there and was asking "America" to please not vote her Americas Favorite.

My guess is that the women have made peace with each other in the jury house but I could be wrong. Do you think they have figured out yet that Andy has been playing them all?

Old 09-09-2013, 09:24 PM

5,515 posts, read 7,107,963 times
I have watched every season and I can't believe how long this has been running. Check out Julie Chen in the early days.

I forgot about so many of these people. It just goes to show you how boring the present group is compared to other seasons

Big Brother USA Evictions and Winners - Seasons 1 thru 14 - YouTube

Old 09-09-2013, 09:57 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgirl2007 View Post
I am so p/o'd! I set the show to record. Of course it came on almost an hour late, so all I got to see was the opening. I got the bright idea to turn to CBS in hopes I'd be able to catch the end, but wouldn't you know it - the credits were rolling.
Big Brother 15 - CBS.com

Old 09-10-2013, 12:36 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
I hope they show the jury house soon. I want to see everyones expression when Amanda shows up and Elissa right after her.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:24 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I have watched every season and I can't believe how long this has been running. Check out Julie Chen in the early days.

I forgot about so many of these people. It just goes to show you how boring the present group is compared to other seasons

Big Brother USA Evictions and Winners - Seasons 1 thru 14 - YouTube
Wow!! Thanks Tom - for posting this. I must say - I've watched every single season and I was like, whose that, I don't remember who that person was, etc, etc.. Many faces I did remember!!! I almost feel old watching it too! Has BB been on that long??? Great Video..

Yeah, Julie Chen has changed over the years...

Old 09-10-2013, 09:07 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
I'm currently watching season one on You Tube.

This is the first year in a long time that I've watched BB (I got sucked in by all the Aaryn/GM/racist crapola). I knew that I had watched the very first season, and I think I watched two or three after that, but when I moved up here in 2005, I got only two television stations - and CBS wasn't one of them.

So, I kind of lost track of BB, and by the time I started figuring out the internet t.v. thing, BB was no longer on my radar - until this season.

But things about the first season kept coming back to me - like the chickens - so I decided to go back and re-watch it to see if I had been dreaming about the chickens (and some other things I remembered).

It's been interesting to see how much has changed over these fifteen seasons - the original house was much more modest, the competitions more basic and less "high-tech," they had the chickens and a vegetable garden, and at least one scene shows them doing yardwork, like mowing.

One thing that hasn't changed - the prize money. It started off at a half million and it's still at a half million. What about inflation?

Another thing that hasn't changed is that there was an undercurrent of racial stuff back in that first season - not as blatant as we've seen this season but it was there.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:47 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,077,765 times
Things sure have changed over the years. They seem really bored in the house. Although, I don't see the 24 hr feeds so maybe there is something I am missing. If I was in there I probably would have gained 30 lbs just from eating for something to do.

Some of the things I remember from the past were the fans being able to vote on an object that they would want the house to have like some type of exercise equipment (of course now they have all that) or something else. They also used to have special food competitions where they could win really good things like steak, lobster, wine etc. Maybe they are just giving it to them now (I know they are getting wine and beer). Also, I can't remember how they got to do this, whether it was through votes or competition but someone would get to leave the house and go to a show of some kind or was it an awards ceremony. I also thought there was a season where they brought in a small band to play for them? What happened to movie night where 4 of them got to watch a film with popcorn and candy?

Anyone remember other things over the years that they are no longer doing?

One more thing......Does anyone else think it is time to end the whole Have and Have Nots slop thing. In the beginning it was kind of funny and they made a big deal out of it. The houseguests would talk about it a lot. Now it doesn't seem to have the same effect it once did. I think it is just plain stupid and it is time to come up with something else.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:35 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
Things sure have changed over the years. They seem really bored in the house. Although, I don't see the 24 hr feeds so maybe there is something I am missing. If I was in there I probably would have gained 30 lbs just from eating for something to do.

Some of the things I remember from the past were the fans being able to vote on an object that they would want the house to have like some type of exercise equipment (of course now they have all that) or something else. They also used to have special food competitions where they could win really good things like steak, lobster, wine etc. Maybe they are just giving it to them now (I know they are getting wine and beer). Also, I can't remember how they got to do this, whether it was through votes or competition but someone would get to leave the house and go to a show of some kind or was it an awards ceremony. I also thought there was a season where they brought in a small band to play for them? What happened to movie night where 4 of them got to watch a film with popcorn and candy?

Anyone remember other things over the years that they are no longer doing?

One more thing......Does anyone else think it is time to end the whole Have and Have Nots slop thing. In the beginning it was kind of funny and they made a big deal out of it. The houseguests would talk about it a lot. Now it doesn't seem to have the same effect it once did. I think it is just plain stupid and it is time to come up with something else.
Absolutely!! The slop thing has become a complete bore to me, I thought I was the only one thinking this. It used to be a disappointment for contestants to get slop, but then now there are contestants like Ian from a previous season, who seemed love slop and even Aaryn on this season once said she will just prefers slop over some other food item that America voted for that week. The players are actually starting to like slop or prefer slop, making not a punishment in my opinion. They need something else, you are exactly right.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:52 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,257,577 times
I remember years ago when it was PB&J that was the "punishment food."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV