Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times

Advertisements

Wow that was intense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
That was GREAT! I am so surprised, because the way it started out, it was very slow and I didn't like her at all, but as it developed it got more and more interesting. Now I can't wait to see what going to happen next. Finally something worthwhile on tv again.
Are those kids theirs? I don't think so. They acted like that was the first time they had sex. So, where did those kids come from? I don't think I heard them call them mom and dad.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:35 PM

Location: The back alleys of Hong Kong and sometimes Brussels, Belgium
242 posts, read 268,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Watching the premier as I type this. It looks really interesting so far.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 PM

I just watched it again, yes they do appear to be their kids.
Wonder what the significance of the trip to the moon is. and don't have a clue why the guy grilling hot dogs got attacked, but this is good tv.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That was GREAT! I am so surprised, because the way it started out, it was very slow and I didn't like her at all, but as it developed it got more and more interesting. Now I can't wait to see what going to happen next. Finally something worthwhile on tv again.
Are those kids theirs? I don't think so. They acted like that was the first time they had sex. So, where did those kids come from? I don't think I heard them call them mom and dad.
The kids were theirs, it was part of their mission to make babies in the past, but after he found out that she was raped by that defector and he killed him, they dumped the body and she realized how this guy really did care about her underneath all of the hidden emotions, so she opened her heart to him when they made love in the show after they dumped that guy's body.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Wonder what the significance of the trip to the moon is. and don't have a clue why the guy grilling hot dogs got attacked, but this is good tv.
Let me assist you in why these things happened. When the russian was with his son at that school saying the American pledge of alliegence as he kept looking at his son, he was thinking of how it would be to defect and take a deal for all that money that would be offered by the FBI if he did defect because he loved his kids and wife and it was more than just a mission for him being with his family, so when he was looking at the American flag, and they talked about the trip to the moon, it made him feel what it would be like for a moment to have pride in being an American. This is why he took the guy out of the trunk in his garage and said he wanted to defect. Then the wife caught him and you saw what happened after that. The guy grilling hot dogs was attacked because it was the same guy from the mall who was hitting on his 13 year old daughter earlier in the show. He had to pretend not to be able to fight in front of his kid when that guy messed with his daughter and this is why he looked at that dude's credit card because he knew he was going to find him and teach him a lesson about messing with his daughter. I don't know if you weren't fully focused on the show or not, but it wasn't hard to pick up on that if you were. Hope this helps.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:11 AM

11,635 posts, read 12,700,672 times
Quote:
Korea, Vietnam, and the space race were the key symbols of the Cold War. I thought the part about the middle school boy seeing the American astronaut and learning about moon missions to be a very clever part of the show. At the kitchen table, the boy discusses the US lunar missions and the visit to his school from the astronaut, a hero. The mother is dismissive about the astronaut's accomplishments stating that he didn't even get to walk on the moon and then says how it was more important to have been the first to go up in space than walk on the moon! Ha Ha. To the OP, the Soviets were the first to succesfully launce a spacecraft into space. Have you not heard of Sputnik? Yuri Gagrin was the first human in space. That initiated the Soviet-US space race, culminating with JFK's famous promise to send a man to the moon before 1970. The irony was that the mother had to defend the Soviets' space program without giving herself away.

Last edited by Coney; 01-31-2013 at 12:21 AM..

Old 01-31-2013, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Dux View Post
Let me assist you in why these things happened. When the russian was with his son at that school saying the American pledge of alliegence as he kept looking at his son, he was thinking of how it would be to defect and take a deal for all that money that would be offered by the FBI if he did defect because he loved his kids and wife and it was more than just a mission for him being with his family, so when he was looking at the American flag, and they talked about the trip to the moon, it made him feel what it would be like for a moment to have pride in being an American. This is why he took the guy out of the trunk in his garage and said he wanted to defect. Then the wife caught him and you saw what happened after that. The guy grilling hot dogs was attacked because it was the same guy from the mall who was hitting on his 13 year old daughter earlier in the show. He had to pretend not to be able to fight in front of his kid when that guy messed with his daughter and this is why he looked at that dude's credit card because he knew he was going to find him and teach him a lesson about messing with his daughter. I don't know if you weren't fully focused on the show or not, but it wasn't hard to pick up on that if you were. Hope this helps.
Okay, I didn't see that it was the same guy from the mall. Thanks for pulling that together for me.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Korea, Vietnam, and the space race were the key symbols of the Cold War. I thought the part about the middle school boy seeing the American astronaut and learning about moon missions to be a very clever part of the show. At the kitchen table, the boy discusses the US lunar missions and the visit to his school from the astronaut, a hero. The mother is dismissive about the astronaut's accomplishments stating that he didn't even get to walk on the moon and then says how it was more important to have been the first to go up in space than walk on the moon! Ha Ha. To the OP, the Soviets were the first to succesfully launce a spacecraft into space. Have you not heard of Sputnik? Yuri Gagrin was the first human in space. That initiated the Soviet-US space race, culminating with JFK's famous promise to send a man to the moon before 1970. The irony was that the mother had to defend the Soviets' space program without giving herself away.
got it, that makes is even more interesting. I'm likin this a lot.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times
I know the KGB had agents here, but I can't imagine the same ones being here for 20 years. Having a family? I would think the Soviets would fear their agents falling into the "lazy American lifestyle". Remember the scene in the motel room with the air conditioner? They were amazed that it worked, and the guy said everything was so colorful. And I knew that child molester mall guy would get his. Good!

Anyway, very good show, hope the intensity of it lasts. Keri Russell is amazing in this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV