Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 06:21 AM

63 posts, read 70,493 times

Advertisements

Yes, Kimmy would definitely have to mention this to her CIA father. If she doesn't have a picture of Jim (maybe one of her friends took one. even if she didn't), she would probably have to work with the FBI sketch artist. It would be interesting to see what they come up with. I think a little robbery (LOL) would be very easy for Elizabeth to pull off, but she is all about staying low key and drawing as little attention to herself as possible. She will only partake in acts requested by the Centre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 07:46 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
I was thinking that the story line of the lack of money for private school would be to cause Phillip to do something to get the $$ that will turn the script into a certain direction.
I think the woman with cancer that she's taking care of and her art is definitely having some sort of impact on E but to what end, I'm not sure. Seems like earlier in the show there was someone having some sort of emotional impact on E and she couldn't deal with it and she killed the person (?).

I don't think Henry would ever become a Russian spy (although.. who knows?) but.. if E and P get killed... maybe Stan will adopt H and he will go on to be an FBI agent. He'll certainly have techy skills.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:02 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post

By the way, this is the latest on the real life Russian spy story upon which The Americans is based:
Son of Russian spies returns to Canada after government loses fight to keep him out

The two sons were born in Canada and the family later moved to the U.S. where the parents were involved in spying.

Background: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tim-alex-foley
Interesting story. Hadn't read it before.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:51 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Henry and Stan might somehow figure together in the story...maybe Stan will flip and become a Soviet agent....along with his wife (or girlfriend) whatever she is

Old 05-01-2018, 12:20 PM

63 posts, read 70,493 times
I also wondered if Philip's money problems will push him to the point of accepting an offer he can't refuse from the Centre, in return for performing some extremely dangerous and unsavory task. I could see him going for it, if it means not having to break Henry's heart and keeping his business afloat, not having to fire his employees.

I don't see how Philip and Elizabeth aren't done. Philip could go back to Moscow and reunite with Martha, and establish a relationship with his son. He'd have the former handler there for friendship.

Stan's girlfriend is another loose end. They seem to be hinting that she could be a spy, buy I don't know.

I also wonder if there will be another time jump before the series ends.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:21 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,694,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeMeQuick View Post

I also wonder if there will be another time jump before the series ends.

Never thought of that.

When is the last episode?

Old 05-02-2018, 09:42 AM

930 posts, read 1,817,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I don't think P or E will be allowed to get away...they must die or go to prison.
Stan will eventually find out his neighbors & friends all these years are spies. that'll blow his mind. maybe he gets a lead of some kind that leads him to the truth and makes him have to decide whether or not to arrest them or let them leave the country? which Stan will win out...dedicated FBI agent or nice guy friend & neighbor?

Old 05-02-2018, 10:50 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,526,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
Stan will eventually find out his neighbors & friends all these years are spies. that'll blow his mind. maybe he gets a lead of some kind that leads him to the truth and makes him have to decide whether or not to arrest them or let them leave the country? which Stan will win out...dedicated FBI agent or nice guy friend & neighbor?
I have enjoyed the series but it hasn’t brainwashed me. Phillip and Elizabeth are stone cold killers who have murdered many innocent Americans. Would you protect such killers because they were casual friends and neighbors? I would turn them in without hesitation.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:22 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Anyone else here growing to really dislike Elizabeth? What kind of mother would bring their child into that kind of situation? Does she really want Paige to follow in her footsteps? How nasty is that? At least they are keeping Henry out of it but who knows how long it will be before he figures it out.

Elizabeth is treating Phillip like crap and now dragging him back into a life he no longer wants. How nasty is that? You would have thought she would have learned her lesson when she killed those people with their young child in the next room. Very nice.

I must say I do not understand how Paige got so involved in this? Last season she was searching for meaning but she was raised as an American. Why and how is she suddenly buying into the whole Soviet mission without questioning its merits and values?

I am anxious to see how this all ends. We must be getting close to the final episode. Do you think that Phillip will turn and go to Stan and tell him the truth? Will Elizabeth get caught or killed? Will Paige continue to follow her mother. If so, why? Jay

Old 05-03-2018, 11:26 AM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Anyone else here growing to really dislike Elizabeth? What kind of mother would bring their child into that kind of situation? Does she really want Paige to follow in her footsteps? How nasty is that? At least they are keeping Henry out of it but who knows how long it will be before he figures it out.

Elizabeth is treating Phillip like crap and now dragging him back into a life he no longer wants. How nasty is that? You would have thought she would have learned her lesson when she killed those people with their young child in the next room. Very nice.

I must say I do not understand how Paige got so involved in this? Last season she was searching for meaning but she was raised as an American. Why and how is she suddenly buying into the whole Soviet mission without questioning its merits and values?

I am anxious to see how this all ends. We must be getting close to the final episode. Do you think that Phillip will turn and go to Stan and tell him the truth? Will Elizabeth get caught or killed? Will Paige continue to follow her mother. If so, why? Jay
I just looked it up and this season is supposed to have 10 episodes. Last night was No. 6 so there are four more which will bring us to the end of May. A lot can happen in four episodes. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV