Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 08:50 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
quote Sweetie Pie; Oh, and I have my money on Disney girl, Dorothy, Pickler and Joe Football.

We do too. Though I think Dorthy got hammered tonight. She was as good as any of those mediocre dancers that got 6's and 7's. I think the judges this evening were a little too favorable to some of the dancers.
I bet the Disney girl will be getting the first 10 soon. She is really out performing all the others at this point.
Wynonna looks like she's trying to stomp out ants on the floor. Right foot right foot stomp stomp, left foot left foot stomp stomp.
Wynonna still has a career, or does she? What would provoke her to expose her bad side on this show? Did she lose a bet? Does she have an inflated opinion of herself? I feel so sorry for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 10:05 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
For me the trouble with Dancing with the Stars is I don't recognize half the "stars." I'm smirking at this one..
I'm kind of in the same boat as you, PegE, lol. I catch myself now watching the Pros instead of the Stars to see what the choreographers bring to the table.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,138,809 times
Very good summary TFW46

Quote:
quote Sweetie Pie; Oh, and I have my money on Disney girl, Dorothy, Pickler and Joe Football.

We do too. Though I think Dorthy got hammered tonight. She was as good as any of those mediocre dancers that got 6's and 7's. I think the judges this evening were a little too favorable to some of the dancers.
I bet the Disney girl will be getting the first 10 soon. She is really out performing all the others at this point.
Wynonna looks like she's trying to stomp out ants on the floor. Right foot right foot stomp stomp, left foot left foot stomp stomp.
I agree Nitram, the judges were def. being more favorable to some.

Disney is blowing the rest out of the water, and I agree with the person that said it's taking a lot of the suspense away as to who will be the winner.

Winnona bless her heart. She's is so gifted with her musical abilities and gorgeous face, but sadly dancing is not one of her fortes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
I'm kind of in the same boat as you, PegE, lol. I catch myself now watching the Pros instead of the Stars to see what the choreographers bring to the table.
That is so funny you mentioned that seashelly, as I was doing the same thing with the "noobie Pros" last night.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:55 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:

Well, if you've ever had an ant infestation, you'd appreciate that instead of being so demeaning towards her.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Well, if you've ever had an ant infestation, you'd appreciate that instead of being so demeaning towards her.

Yeah, but she'd have to move a lot faster than that, ants are pretty quick!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Wynonna still has a career, or does she? What would provoke her to expose her bad side on this show? Did she lose a bet? Does she have an inflated opinion of herself? I feel so sorry for her.
Ya know, I am already tired of watching Wynona's constipated face. She always looks like she smells something foul. She makes herself look very, very nasty. I have no idea why she went on here except maybe to lose some weight. She was so beautiful for a short time.

Loved Andy's dance. I hope he doesn't keep mentioning his sobriety. We get it.

Not too happy with the two "ringers", Kelly and the Disney girl. They are great for sure but why should the others kill themselves when the results are almost a foregone conclusion? Not fair IMO. That said, I really liked Kelly and Derek's routine last night.

Man, football players sure can move.

Still don't like DL or Vanderplump. I'm surprised the dog was MIA last night. Musta stayed in the "green room".

What was with Brooke's hair? Looked terrible.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:30 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Wynonna seemed to be putting up quite a barrier last night, judging by her very heavy make-up, frequently-frozen facial expressions and what appeared to be very deliberate efforts to change those expressions. The real Wynonna seemed to be hiding behind her make-up and her mannerisms, and that's a shame. I hope she will be able to relax and trust herself - and those around her - more in the future, and let down her guard a bit. A little vulnerability can be very appealing and can lead to empathy on the part of viewers, whereas the guardedness and deliberate facial posturing have just the opposite effect.

Previously, Wynonna has been quite open about her history and recent very difficult experiences. She has not had an easy time of it. She seems much more natural and relaxed during the rehearsal clips than she does during the performances or brief interviews afterwards, when she appeared to be extremely guarded and wordlessly defensive in her manner. I do think she is trying very, very hard, and that this is extremely important to her. I expect she's putting a huge burden on herself right now.

So: Wynonna, honey, we LIKE you! You're among friends! There's nothing to be scared of! So let down your guard and let us in, and just be Wynonna, flaws and strengths and all the rest that make up your remarkably talented self, and don't bother yourself about the others' possibly outshining you. Your star shines very brightly indeed - there's no need to hide it or to be afraid of its light.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:43 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

Not too happy with the two "ringers", Kelly and the Disney girl. They are great for sure but why should the others kill themselves when the results are almost a foregone conclusion? Not fair IMO. That said, I really liked Kelly and Derek's routine last night.

What was with Brooke's hair? Looked terrible.
I'm hesitant so early in the competition to put "the ringer girls" in the final three. Yes @ they are over-the-top good for amateurs but things could change quickly say if one of their pros gets a little too carried away creativity-wise and pushes them too far causing them an injury. I hope not but just saying.

As for Brooke, I still like Brooke as the fluff of the show.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 PM

126,274 posts, read 19,045,264 times
I feel quite , I am always up to date with this show, but would you believe I had this time around no clue that the show started already. Usually they announce it on the TV channels...odd... Has it been already 2 weeks in the show? Am I correct? Sorry

Old 03-26-2013, 01:01 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Ok, I just finished watching the show and want to add my two cents while it's still fresh in my mind.

I took a closer look at Cheryl this week, and while I still don't think the bangs are particularly flattering to her, I don't see much of a weight issue; it seems like she's been chubbier at the start of other seasons than this one. I think she looks good (well, except for the bangs).

Also, D.L. Hughley was AWFUL to her during rehearsal. My thoughts when I saw that was that he was borderline abusive to her, and then when he made the comment later about "no restraining orders," I suspect I'm not the only one who saw it that way.

The boxer acted like a petulant little kid during rehearsal, which kind of disappoints me because he has a sympathetic background story and I was hoping he would do well.

The Disney girl is incredibly talented with, I think, the longest legs I've ever seen! I know they say, at sixteen, that she's the youngest contestant ever but wasn't Shawn Johnson also only sixteen when she competed the first time? Or was she a little older?

I agree about Andy Dick - he's turning out to be a much more endearing personality than I had anticipated. I think he's trying really hard to do well, but I have to say, I really did NOT like their routine.

Wynona acts like she has no flexibility at all. She really doesn't have the charisma that Kirstie Alley had, either, and I don't think she'll be around long.

I thought the bachelor did pretty well, as did Inigo Rademacher - nothing spectacular or outstanding, but not bad.

Kelly Pickler was great, but what was with that baton thing?

I don't know what to say about the Real Housewife. She seems to be trying and seemed more sincere this week, but........(also glad that poor dog prop was absent).

I feel so bad for Dorothy Hamill. I don't think she's going to go too far in the competition if she can't overcome her physical difficulties.

The gymnast is very cute and I think has a lot of potential but I'm not sure, at this point, that she's a shoe-in for the finals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV