Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 01:30 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
They looked surprised, though, when Aly took fourth place.

I agree -- they did look surprised. Maybe they know only who will win and not the order in which the others will finish.

But, after all, they're the ones who gave Jacoby much higher scores than his performances deserved on Monday -- so, if they were genuinely upset, they have only the people in the mirror to blame. Of course, I still dont think the judges' scores and the viewers' votes count as much as the producers' votes do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 03:06 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,483 times
That Judge Len is a snappy little dancer. Good to see he's still got it.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:58 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I've already posted how much I enjoyed this finale. One thing I noticed, though: the judges know who the winner is before the start of the finale show and their comments to the finalists tell the viewers who didnt win. For example, Len told Zendaya that she was a winner, no matter what (or words to that effect). I knew then that Kellie had won. This same thing happened in the past two finales.
Same with Carrieann leaving out Aly in her final comment before the show started they drop clues whether they mean to or not. Wonder if Jacoby walking off the red carpet interviews Monday night had anything to do with him getting 3rd? Like defusing the situation? Don't really care but I often wonder how pampered these celebs are why they can't face reality when they don't win at everything.

It was really cute to see that housewife and Len dancing.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:24 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
So glad Kellie won!! So why was Zendaya not wearing heals most of the time??? How will having the show being on only on Mon work with voting???

Old 05-22-2013, 04:26 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,724,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
So glad Kellie won!! So why was Zendaya not wearing heals most of the time??? How will having the show on only on Mon work with voting???
I think Zendaya only didnt wear heels the last 3 weeks or so. I dont know that they ever gave a reason other than the fact that she was the same height as Val and towered over him in heels.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
I thought she look disappointed, but managed to cover it well. I have to give her props for handling it with grace. She is just a kid after all.
And, while I don't think she belonged in the competition (too young + already a pro dancer) I don't blame her - I mean, who is going to turn that down? I blame the producers who put her there.

I thought Ally should have taken 3rd place instead of Jacoby but, oh well.

Yaaayy, Andy did his Gaga dance - love that!

VERY cool seeing Kristi Yamaguchi and Dorothy Hamill together in the dance.

A great finale. Well done
I dont know...no one had a problem when Nicole Sherzinger or even any of the figure skaters (who have dance backgrounds) they have had on or Melissa Rycroft who also had a dance background. Heck they didnt even have a problem with Rashon Fagan when he was on and he is on the same show as Zendaya doing the same thing.

I would have thought watching Val learn hip hop would be enough to show that being a good hip hop dancer doesnt make you a good ballroom dancer and vice versa.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:17 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
There was a lot of criticism of Nicole's dancing background when she was on DWTS.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:31 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I think Zendaya only didnt wear heels the last 3 weeks or so. I dont know that they ever gave a reason other than the fact that she was the same height as Val and towered over him in heels.
That is a poor excuse if that is the reason what about when Rick Fox towered over I think Cheryl? Or any other professional tall athletes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I dont know...no one had a problem when Nicole Sherzinger or even any of the figure skaters (who have dance backgrounds) they have had on or Melissa Rycroft who also had a dance background. Heck they didnt even have a problem with Rashon Fagan when he was on and he is on the same show as Zendaya doing the same thing.

Bunk on this comment too there have been plenty, myself included, calling foul on celebrities that have had dance experience prior to Zendaya coming on this season. Donny & Marie Osmond, Jennifer Gray, Rashon, Nicole plus more have been talked about they shouldn't be in this show either. All the previous dancers said "they never did ballroom" but it did give them an unfair leg up in the competition for having any dance background.

I would have thought watching Val learn hip hop would be enough to show that being a good hip hop dancer doesnt make you a good ballroom dancer and vice versa.

Funny you should mention Val not having hip hop I've reserved a video of him until the competition was over with more for his language though. In it he is doing "club hip hop" so he has done some type of hip hop as well as Zendaya had ballroom before. Are they little white lies they both have experience in each others genre? Little or not I call them lies period even though both are very talented in their own rights. Afterall I do not know one dancer locally or professionally that has not dabbled at least in other genres besides their main one have you? Look at all the contemporary dances we've had the past 3 seasons do you think the pros just pulled stuff out of their butts to make those moves?

Disney keeps their child stars' imagine pure & squeaky clean while they are a current Disney star. Now I wondered why would they let a child star be paired with a rapper degrading females then? Pretty much considering them whores and using mother F****er & other profanities. This is why I kept it until now from posting it I do like Val's dancing but his humble demeanor leaves me wondering if it is just for show. Is he the humble Val on DWTS or the profanity ho dog on the rapping video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcN6hPlaoc0

Old 05-22-2013, 05:47 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
[color="Blue"]

This is why I kept it until now from posting it I do like Val's dancing but his humble demeanor leaves me wondering if it is just for show. Is he the humble Val on DWTS or the profanity ho dog on the rapping video?
It could be both...

Not uncommon for adults to clean things up around children as they should.

Could have been it went farther with Val and Zendaya.

They had a real connection and he stepped up to the role of teacher... all eyes were on him too!

I had a teacher in High School that had a very different persona when I worked with him later in life... not a bad thing... some might just say age appropriate.

Growing up I befriended an crusty elderly man that nobody really cared for... not that I knew this at the time.

We were new to the neighborhood and had accidentally broken his sprinkler... I knocked on the door to tell him what I did and was scared to death... about 9 years old then.

He started off really gruff and then I told him I would pay for it or do chores to make it right... he softened and said he probably had the parts in the garage and I waited... I carefully dug up the pipe and under his direction removed and replaced the broken part...

We became very good friends when I later got my first car... he knew everything about cars and would let me borrow tools...

My point is people can act many different ways and still be genuine... in my case it was my honestly that impressed him... when he sold his home at age 90... he asked me if I would like to buy it and to make a long story short... I did.

By the way... he still is salty and crusty in the retirement home and staff have commented that he is a totally different person when I visit...

Old 05-22-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
That is a poor excuse if that is the reason what about when Rick Fox towered over I think Cheryl? Or any other professional tall athletes.

Funny you should mention Val not having hip hop I've reserved a video of him until the competition was over with more for his language though. In it he is doing "club hip hop" so he has done some type of hip hop as well as Zendaya had ballroom before. Are they little white lies they both have experience in each others genre? Little or not I call them lies period even though both are very talented in their own rights. Afterall I do not know one dancer locally or professionally that has not dabbled at least in other genres besides their main one have you? Look at all the contemporary dances we've had the past 3 seasons do you think the pros just pulled stuff out of their butts to make those moves?

Disney keeps their child stars' imagine pure & squeaky clean while they are a current Disney star. Now I wondered why would they let a child star be paired with a rapper degrading females then? Pretty much considering them whores and using mother F****er & other profanities. This is why I kept it until now from posting it I do like Val's dancing but his humble demeanor leaves me wondering if it is just for show. Is he the humble Val on DWTS or the profanity ho dog on the rapping video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcN6hPlaoc0

Ok but they put Cheryl in some ungodly high (by dance standards) heels to dance with Rick. Also I dont remember the amount of backlash in previous years that Zendaya has gotten this year.

It is very possible that Val is humbling it up for the show I mean after all Zendaya is 16 and Disney owns ABC. I am sure Disney protected her as much as they could.

Beyond that I'll agree to disagree.

I think some people are trying too hard to dig too much integrity out of a reality show. I think if the show was REALLY that much on the up and up people like Cloris Leachman, Bristol Palin, or Nancy Grace wouldnt have lasted as long as they did.

Sometimes it is just better to sit back and enjoy the dancing. To each his/her own I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV