Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 PM

685 posts, read 1,105,320 times

Advertisements

Alexis is a crackhead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
I am 59 years old and have known and seen many many people in my life and not once have I ever met or seen anyone treat people the way these women do. It is a never ending catfight. Alexis should have never gone to the party. It doesn't take a rocket scienctist to know that she was bound to have trouble. Alexis getting up and storming over to her to kick her out was pretty nasty. Hey, other than the new girl, they were all nasty at one point or another. If I ever had anyone treat me the way that these women treat each other I would never deal with them again.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:04 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times
According the APA, bullying is:

"a form of aggressive behavior in which someone intentionally and repeatedly causes another person injury or discomfort. Bullying can take the form of physical contact, words or more subtle actions.

The bullied individual typically has trouble defending him or herself and does nothing to “cause” the bullying."

Bullying

So yeah, according to the definition created by medical doctors, those three women were def bullying Alexis.

The way I see it is, if a scantily clad woman went to that gym and there were three men there, it doesn't give them the right to rape her. Just bc Alexis showed up, it doesn't give those women a pass to act however they want towards her.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:22 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
According the APA, bullying is:

"a form of aggressive behavior in which someone intentionally and repeatedly causes another person injury or discomfort. Bullying can take the form of physical contact, words or more subtle actions.

The bullied individual typically has trouble defending him or herself and does nothing to “cause” the bullying."

Bullying

So yeah, according to the definition created by medical doctors, those three women were def bullying Alexis.

The way I see it is, if a scantily clad woman went to that gym and there were three men there, it doesn't give them the right to rape her. Just bc Alexis showed up, it doesn't give those women a pass to act however they want towards her.
oh come on............Alexis has done plenty to cause the other women to be upset. By the above definition,Alexis bullys someone pretty much everytime she speaks. She can hold her own in the "discussions" the women are having. Albeit loud discussions.

This bullying platform Alexis has jumped on is not flying with me.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
oh come on............Alexis has done plenty to cause the other women to be upset. By the above definition,Alexis bullys someone pretty much everytime she speaks. She can hold her own in the "discussions" the women are having. Albeit loud discussions.

This bullying platform Alexis has jumped on is not flying with me.
These women's initial beef with Alexis, by their own admission, was that she talks to much about herself and lies about her wealth. Just because someone is annoying and phony, it doesn't give you the right to gang up on her, tell her all her flaws over and over and then continually beat down on her in a group every time you see her.

Alexis may try to hold her own, but she's outnumbered and multiple people are being verbally aggressive towards her. Just because she fights back doesn't mean that these women aren't bullying her. If three people were beating me up and I was able to get in a swing or two, it doesn't mean that they aren't beating me up or that's it's a fair fight. It's not, and what those people would be doing would be wrong just like these women are wrong to gang up on Alexis. YMMV

Old 04-23-2013, 09:53 PM

Definitions
Bullying may be defined as the activity of repeated, aggressive behavior intended to hurt another person, physically or mentally. Bullying is characterized by an individual behaving in a certain way to gain power over another person.

Bullying | Ask.com Encyclopedia

does not apply in this case IMHO.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Definitions
Bullying may be defined as the activity of repeated, aggressive behavior intended to hurt another person, physically or mentally. Bullying is characterized by an individual behaving in a certain way to gain power over another person.

Bullying | Ask.com Encyclopedia

does not apply in this case IMHO.
These women's actions are hurting Alexis mentally. She's clearly upset about their repeated and aggressive behavior towards her to the point she went on anti-anxiety medication.

So yeah, I'm with the other poster who said they didn't understand how this could NOT be seen as bullying, when clearly it is. It even fits with both the dictionary and APA definition of bullying.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
These women's actions are hurting Alexis mentally. She's clearly upset about their repeated and aggressive behavior towards her to the point she went on anti-anxiety medication.

So yeah, I'm with the other poster who said they didn't understand how this could NOT be seen as bullying, when clearly it is. It even fits with both the dictionary and APA definition of bullying.

we'll have to agree to disagree then.
Sure three people were rude to Alexis. They don't like her.
Three people sat across the couch from Gretchen and one of them called her stupid.

From the dialogue on the show it was revealed that none of the 3 "alleged bullyers"(sp) of Alexis had even spoken to her in 9 months. If they wanted to bully her or were bullying her I doubt they would have left her alone for 9 long months.
On the other hand,Alexis sent word to Tamara that she was going to sue her. Hmmm......sounds very bully-like behavior to me.
Bottom line is--if you go to a party where you know the people there do not like you---why go? Did she expect hugs and kisses? She initiated another ally to go with her; anticipating arguing? I think so.

I think they are all rude,snobby with the potential to be mean girls. But bullying-no.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:33 PM

Like I said before: "if a scantily clad woman went to that gym and there were three men there, it doesn't give them the right to rape her. Just bc Alexis showed up, it doesn't give those women a pass to act however they want towards her."

These women aren't rhesus monkeys. Lol. They don't have to get hysterical just bc she's in their presence.

And if Alexis had also jumped on Gretchen with Vicki and continually called Gretchen stupid and the b-word over and over, then I would say that's bullying behavior towards Gretchen. It's the ganging up and relentless aggressiveness that makes it bullying IMO

Old 04-23-2013, 10:55 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,752 times
Quote:
These women's initial beef with Alexis, by their own admission, was that she talks to much about herself and lies about her wealth. Just because someone is annoying and phony, it doesn't give you the right to gang up on her, tell her all her flaws over and over and then continually beat down on her in a group every time you see her.

Alexis may try to hold her own, but she's outnumbered and multiple people are being verbally aggressive towards her. Just because she fights back doesn't mean that these women aren't bullying her. If three people were beating me up and I was able to get in a swing or two, it doesn't mean that they aren't beating me up or that's it's a fair fight. It's not, and what those people would be doing would be wrong just like these women are wrong to gang up on Alexis. YMMV
Yes! You nailed it! You know, Eddie seems like a nice guy. I don't understand why he would want to spend the rest of his life with someone like Tamra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV