Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 02:18 AM

23,458 posts, read 12,487,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I don't know. Couldn't blame him if he did though, right?
I sure wouldn't blame him. There will probably be times where Jimmy will have to talk to him, if HHM takes over the suit, etc. Even if Chuck tries to get back on Jimmy's good side, being the snob that Chuck is turning out to be then no doubt once Jimmy starts being Saul, with his flashy clothes, tv commercials, ads on bus benches, etc., Chuck and Jimmy will be completely estranged.

Quote:
We know he stays in Albequerqy ( I'm too lazy to look up the proper spelling, sue me ) or at least we know he's there five or six years from now when Walter White walks in to his life.
I'll get right on that suit ... I'll call Saul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 05:56 AM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Mike was brilliant last night! In the parking garage to the end scene of his client & he in the van at the end. Loved, loved, loved the philosophy Mike gave the dude about he just became a criminal stealing the drugs to sell them. Great speech there Mike.
Was that the same parking garage where Walt was staked out trying to kill Gus?

Old 04-01-2015, 06:54 AM

997 posts, read 1,060,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Was that the same parking garage where Walt was staked out trying to kill Gus?
I asked my husband that same question. Would love to know if it was... it looked like it to me, but then again, most garages do look pretty similar.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:14 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet3 View Post
I asked my husband that same question. Would love to know if it was... it looked like it to me, but then again, most garages do look pretty similar.
I think it was.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:50 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Chuck was right to say those things to him, because he was finally being honest. He was also caught red-handed, but at least the truth is out.

We have seen the flashbacks of Slippin' Jimmy, with Chuck getting him out of legal jams. Then Chuck got him a job at his firm. Chuck did have his back and who knows what kind of trouble Jimmy would have caused growing up while Chuck worked and studied and acted responsibly. These guys are pretty long in the tooth now, and Chuck is supposed to believe at this point that Jimmy has just changed. He just pulled the billboard stunt and tried to hide that from Chuck. If they were a real family I would say they grew up in a pretty dysfunctional home, where Chuck looked out for Jimmy and saw enough where he understands Jimmy will always be slippin' in some respect. It's just who Jimmy is, even if he isn't all bad. A few years down the road he will be casually talking about sending people to "Belize" and comparing his client to Old Yeller.
Disagree to a point. Yes, Chuck had to clean up Slippin' Jimmy's messes, but Jimmy repaid him doubly by helping him with his "allergy" when he could have easily had him committed. Jimmy even passed up the chance to get money from HHM if he declared Chuck incompetent. He refused to do that because Chuck is his brother. Jimmy has been a good brother to Chuck and only wanted him to be proud. While Jimmy may never completely change, it was still crappy for Chuck to sell him out like that.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:14 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
I liked Mike talking to the guy about the difference between a "criminal" and a "bad guy".

It seems to me that Saul Goodman is a criminal, but Walter White is a bad guy.

Regarding Chuck's decision, I get the feeling there was a little jealousy there. He used to be the law partner that Jimmy relied on. Jimmy was the inept little brother. When he scored this class action suit, he was in a position to be Chuck's equal or even surpass him (only due to Chuck's disability, of course). I know Jimmy had a shady past, but based on his emotional outburst explaining his decision, it seems like it had a basis in irrational emotion, at least in part.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:28 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Well put.

Walt started out as basically a decent guy. Breaking Bad was about how that good guy became a true monster, even if he did start out with supposed good intentions.

Jimmy started out as a crook who has tried to go straight. But he's slowly realizing the world is full of crooks. It's only a matter of time before he decides to join the pack.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:37 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Chuck is an arrogant p**ck who believes that unless you went to a top-tier law school you don't belong. He just crapped on every lawyer in America who earned their degrees from a state school. There is nothing magical about going to Harvard. The law is the law and everyone who passes the bar in their respective state is equal in the eyes of the courts.
He basically kept his brother in a lowly position at his law firm because he didn't think he measured up. He sabotaged his brother left and right, even though Saul has been a wonderful brother. Yes, he made mistakes in the past but he was there for his brother when he needed him. That whole crazy shtick was over the top, and if the positions were reversed Saul would be committed into a mental institution in a heartbeat.

I freakin love this show! Great acting, great Storylines, just wow!

Old 04-01-2015, 12:59 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,077 times
So is everyone saying that Jimmy will eventually become Saul , or did Saul become Jimmy , I'm not following that part ...bit slow you know

Old 04-01-2015, 03:04 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I liked Mike talking to the guy about the difference between a "criminal" and a "bad guy".

Regarding Chuck's decision, I get the feeling there was a little jealousy there. He used to be the law partner that Jimmy relied on. Jimmy was the inept little brother. When he scored this class action suit, he was in a position to be Chuck's equal or even surpass him (only due to Chuck's disability, of course). I know Jimmy had a shady past, but based on his emotional outburst explaining his decision, it seems like it had a basis in irrational emotion, at least in part.
Chuck Put the Brakes on Jimmy When he first Pass the bar. Remember the look on Chucks face When jimmy told him how he passed the bar?
Chuck was very bitter, but was trying to hide it in Conversation with jimmy. I suspect that Chuck went to his partners, behind Jimmy's back and told his partners, not to give jimmy a job at the firm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
So is everyone saying that Jimmy will eventually become Saul , or did Saul become Jimmy , I'm not following that part ...bit slow you know
Jimmy will eventually become Saul
Catch up rookie

Here's My .02 on the episode:
Chuck is Really Jealous of Jimmy. Chuck has had to work hard all his life, as to where things Naturally came to Jimmy.
People Like Chuck get pissed At people Like Jimmy in Life.
Mike was outstanding!
I enjoyed Mike's half of the show more than Jimmy and Chuck's half.
The difference between a Good Criminal and a bad guy was Genius!
Jimmy Becomes a good Criminal with a good heart. Chuck on the other hand is a Bad Guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV