Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 08:55 AM

24,485 posts, read 17,226,594 times

Advertisements

OK Season one is done. Did anyone else think the series was a bit odd? My wife and I like it due to the characters that we already know. I think if we didn't already have a history with Sal and Mike from Breaking Bad this show wouldn't be so interesting.

It was funny watching Sal and his buddy doing those scams last night. The scene at the Bingo game was good too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 09:29 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,817 times
I agree Cape Cod Todd. If we (my husband and I ) weren't into Saul and Mike from before, I really don't know if we would have stuck with this show.
It's interesting because we wondered about their past from BB and now we get to see that. But had this been a 'fresh' show...I don't know. It's been pretty boring really. Some good stuff but overall, it's a slow moving show.

I think Season 2 will pick up though. Saul is officially off the rails.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:43 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,232,679 times
I thought this first season was strong, very strong. Having said that, the finale was not quite as good as the season. I think (just MHO) that the writers know they have season two committed, so they didn't feel the need to have a typical season finale cliffhanger. It's more like a story that will simply be continued next season.

Season Grade: A
Finale Grade: B

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
It's not a spoiler if the show already aired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Since most people record the show and watch it a day or two later, it is considered a spoiler.
Wrong wrong wrong. In a thread about a show, the absolute second the show finishes airing, you can talk about that episode. And it won't be considered a spoiler.

Under your rules, you have to wait a day? Two days? But I'm on vacation, better wait a week for me.

Sorry, but that ain't the way spoilers work. When the episode is over, the talk begins. It's only a spoiler if a viewer wouldn't know it yet.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:55 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
It's not a spoiler if the show already aired.

Why is it so difficult for people on City Data to understand the concept of spoilers?
True, but I think the person that posted it was being considerate, especially with different time zones.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:06 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Wrong wrong wrong. In a thread about a show, the absolute second the show finishes airing, you can talk about that episode. And it won't be considered a spoiler.

Under your rules, you have to wait a day? Two days? But I'm on vacation, better wait a week for me.

Sorry, but that ain't the way spoilers work. When the episode is over, the talk begins. It's only a spoiler if a viewer wouldn't know it yet.
Personally, I do not enter a thread until I have watched the show but I do see why people hide spoiler details anyway. I also make sure to be careful of what I see in my FB newsfeed until I have seen a show.
I never said it was a rule.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:20 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
True, but I think the person that posted it was being considerate, especially with different time zones.
Doesn't matter. The onus is on other people not to enter a thread until they have seen the show.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:22 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Quote:
Since most people record the show and watch it a day or two later, it is considered a spoiler.
incorrect.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:23 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,491,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post

I agree, as soon as it has aired on the west coast, all talk is free game. If someone doesn't want to know what happened or who was eliminated, they should take the responsibility to not read the thread until they've watched it.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:25 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
No it is not....that has been discussed again and again in CityData - if the show aired, you are free to discuss. It's up to the viewer not to visit a forum on the show (and, frankly, if you cannot prevent yourself from visiting a forum until you view a taped show a day or two later, or even the 2 or 3 hours for a west coast time zone viewing, then you have issues that go beyond the scope of this thread).

Old 04-07-2015, 10:33 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Ooooook ... Back to the show:

This season was all about back stories ... Mike and saul's ... Both back stories were wrapped up and now we can proceed.

Great start!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV