Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 11:15 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,468,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
No it is not....that has been discussed again and again in CityData - if the show aired, you are free to discuss. It's up to the viewer not to visit a forum on the show (and, frankly, if you cannot prevent yourself from visiting a forum until you view a taped show a day or two later, or even the 2 or 3 hours for a west coast time zone viewing, then you have issues that go beyond the scope of this thread).
Wellll excuse the F out of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 11:17 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,989,621 times
I have really enjoyed this show! I watched the first few BB episodes and something came up and never continued with it so I don't know any of whats going on but still love this one.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:42 PM

22,910 posts, read 28,245,835 times
Re: Spoilers.

A bit of advice: If you don't like getting wet, don't jump in the pool. If don't want spoilers, don't read a discussion about the episode.

Spoiler:
Spoiler
Darth Vader is really Luke's father.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:45 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,468,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Re: Spoilers.

A bit of advice: If you don't like getting wet, don't jump in the pool. If don't want spoilers, don't read a discussion about the episode.

Spoiler:
Spoiler
Darth Vader is really Luke's father.
Good one.

I guess I should have put a '?' on my original post. I always assumed people did the spoiler button thing out of courtesy. But, ya'll are right...if you haven't seen the show you shouldn't come into the thread.
I know I don't.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:06 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,736,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
disappointed in the finale. Spoilers:
Spoiler
The death of Marco is supposed to be the impetus that spurred Jimmy to go back to being Slippin Jimmy/Saul Goodman? The guy we only met in the opener of one episode earlier in the season? Not buying it, especially since Howard and Kim got him that job at the other law firm. If Marco was that important, they should have done more to make us care about him.
It's not just Marco's death it's the betrayal from his brother, the frustration and disappointment of trying to be a good guy but continually being knocked down. I think he feels like why keep trying just going to give in and go back to my old way of life.

Just my analysis of the episode.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:38 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,875,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Good one.

I guess I should have put a '?' on my original post. I always assumed people did the spoiler button thing out of courtesy. But, ya'll are right...if you haven't seen the show you shouldn't come into the thread.
I know I don't.
A much better response then putting "excuse the f out of me". That was a strangely hostile remark.
Go forth and sin no more.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:39 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,208 times
I thought it was a decent finale, brought things full circle as to the what sort of opened the door to real evolution of Saul. Looking forward to season 2.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:41 PM

17,562 posts, read 15,213,616 times
Chicago Sunroof.

The episode I thought went downhill from there.. I didn't particularly care for the Bingo scene.. I thought it went on a little long, to be honest.

Overall, I enjoyed the first season, but.. As I have touched on before and others have as well.. I don't know that I would stick with the show if it weren't the characters that I already like from BB. If this were a standalone show.. I don't think i'd be back for S2.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:38 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,801,761 times
The Chicago Sunroof monologue in the retirement center and the Jimmy & Marco half-dollar scam in the bar - brilliant writing and excellent acting (especially the former, with Bob Odenkirk carrying it all himself).

I can see why this series doesn't excite certain Breaking Bad fans who need gunfire and violence to sustain their amusement, but this series is absolutely top-notch in virtually all level of production.

Vince Gilligan is a masterful artist of television cinema.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:56 PM

23,431 posts, read 12,476,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayway View Post
Kevin Costner - love it!
Now the long wait until S2.
I guess one good thing about all these staggered TV schedules is there's likely something else good to help hold over. (Silicon Valley, StrikeBack...)
Sometimes he does bear a bit of a resemblance to Costner--if he moves his head a certain way or if you cross your eyes a bit
The Costner reference is another one of BCS's many BB easter eggs..

"Breaking Bad: Abiquiu (#3.11) (2010)
Saul Goodman: If you're committed enough, you can make any story work. I once told a woman I was Kevin Costner, and it worked because I believed it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The Chicago Sunroof monologue in the retirement center and the Jimmy & Marco half-dollar scam in the bar - brilliant writing and excellent acting (especially the former, with Bob Odenkirk carrying it all himself).

I can see why this series doesn't excite certain Breaking Bad fans who need gunfire and violence to sustain their amusement, but this series is absolutely top-notch in virtually all level of production.

Vince Gilligan is a masterful artist of television cinema.
I wonder how many people across the country are going to get 'Chicago Sunroofed' now

I completely enjoyed the last episode. I thought it was a pivotal episode in Jimmy's path to becoming Saul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV