Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2016, 10:47 AM

11,755 posts, read 14,644,267 times

Advertisements

I liked the first season and I'm liking this.

You get more appreciation of who Saul Goodman is, and the Mike Ehrmentraut story line is great. Way more than we learned in Breaking Bad.

It's not quite to the level of heartbreaking yet, but even without thinking about what happened to Saul in Breaking Bad it's hard to watch all the mistakes he's making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 11:09 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
I loved last night's episode. And how hilarious was it that they had the same day trader on where Walt blew up his car?! Genius.
Thanks for pointing out the day trader connection, I did not pick up on it.

This show is very well done but it takes a bit of prior knowledge. I was confused by the flashforward in the season 1 opener, but loved it this year, hopefully they will work more fastforwards in this season.

There is an after show this year that explains things that you may have missed, I will be sure to record next week.

The only complaint I have about this episode was the behavior of the cops while responding to the house robbery of the bald guy with the H2. Their suspicions of him were completely without basis. And I do not understand the significance of the hole in the wall behind the couch, it just looked like an abandoned air return line to me.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:12 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post

This show is very well done but it takes a bit of prior knowledge. I was confused by the flashforward in the season 1 opener, but loved it this year, hopefully they will work more fastforwards in this season.

There is an after show this year that explains things that you may have missed, I will be sure to record next week.

The only complaint I have about this episode was the behavior of the cops while responding to the house robbery of the bald guy with the H2. Their suspicions of him were completely without basis. And I do not understand the significance of the hole in the wall behind the couch, it just looked like an abandoned air return line to me.
I was wondering about their suspicions too. But I think the camera angle showed the entire room in disarray EXCEPT for the area in front of the loveseat. It was completely clear. I think that showed that he had already moved the loveseat to check his secret hidey hole (where presumably the cash was stashed). When he moved it, it created the clean space in front of the loveseat.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:02 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,733,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I was wondering about their suspicions too. But I think the camera angle showed the entire room in disarray EXCEPT for the area in front of the loveseat. It was completely clear. I think that showed that he had already moved the loveseat to check his secret hidey hole (where presumably the cash was stashed). When he moved it, it created the clean space in front of the loveseat.
This! And the sketchy car/shoes, totally! LOL!

Old 02-16-2016, 01:29 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post

The guy mentioned that some cash was missing. When the cop asked "How much cash?", he stopped himself and changed the subject. THAT is what tipped them off. The guy had detailed records of his baseball cards, but could not give an exact dollar figure for the missing funds.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:40 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
The first 10 minutes is a "flash forward" to Saul AFTER "Breaking Bad". Saul went on the run and became the manager of a "Cinnabon" as his new identity to hide from the Feds. He could not use the emergency door to get out of the trash room because the police would be called and he would be found out. One of Saul's rackets was to obtain fake identities for his clients. He used one to disappear.
Thank you

Old 02-16-2016, 01:41 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phone man View Post
I hope this means you never saw Breaking Bad. Otherwise this show is gonna go over your head. That was not the only time last night that the two shows had a little mingling.
Yep I watched BB

Old 02-16-2016, 01:44 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
We watched last night's premiere. It was fantastic. So excited for this season.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:55 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Wait! The new season started?

Old 02-16-2016, 04:44 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
I loved last night's episode. And how hilarious was it that they had the same day trader on where Walt blew up his car?! Genius.
Well now that I know it's the same guy, yeah, it's funny. I saw that episode 8 years ago when it first aired, how am I to remember every detail? Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV