U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:23 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,555,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMan View Post
One thought is the guy in the beginning talking to Jacob was an incarnation of Locke. Just like the "version" of Locke in the shadow of the statue with Ben.
wait, what??? i totally missed that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Status: "CD is complicit in January 6th by giving voice to lies" (set 10 days ago)

6,027 posts, read 14,112,835 times
aww man, my brain is fried! I'm not even going to try to come up w/ real theories (okay, maybe a few ), I need at least 6 months to process all this. quick thoughts (sorry West coasters! can't hold it in much longer!):

-okay, so we finally see Jacob! looks like he visited all our Losties, though why at those particular times? was it that important that Kate get that lunchbox, or that Sawyer right his letter then, or that he gives Jack his candy bar then. granted, w/ Jack and Sawyer, those were both two big scenes that really affected them, so maybe that's why Jacob showed up then. but how did Jacob go visit Sayid after they left the Island? how is Jacob getting around at all? I got the impression that he was trapped in the cabin, hence the "help me" plea?

was Jacob weaving something? are they trying to hint at The Fates or something? and who was that guy talking to Jacob? Jacob's brother (blah, it's been forever since I've touched a Bible, but the biblical Jacob has a arch rival brother, right? or am I thinking Cain and Abel?). I'm getting the impression that ALL of this stems from some sort of argument/game Jacob and the other guy are playing, like God and Satan playing with Job's life. and we thought Ben and Widmore were the major players!

-so, it looks like theories were correct and the statue is Taweret. so I went clicking around on wiki and I clicked on the name Apep, and look at what was written:

"The wide range of Apep's possible location gained him the title World Encircler. It was thought that his terrifying roar would cause the underworld to rumble. Myths sometimes say that Apep was trapped there, because he had been the previous chief god and suffered a coup d'etat by Ra, or because he was evil and had been imprisoned."

sounds a bit like Smoky or even Jacob (especially the last part). lord knows how all this Egyptian stuff is going to get worked out (plus there have been Greek references, ie, Cerebus)

-so what is the deal w/ Ilana and her group? why was she in the hospital? what's her connection to Jacob and how did she find the cabin? are they part of the Others or a different group altogether? what was Richard's answer to the question? what was that thing she saw in the cabin (not the picture of the statue, but the weird painting thing. looked like a screaming blond person or something. Claire???)

-yey! We saw hippie Rose and bearded Bernie! and Vincent! IDK about anyone else, but when the camera focused on Juliet walking away from Rose, it kind of gave me a bad feeling she wasn't long for this world (god, I hope I'm wrong!)

-double yey! Phil is DEAD! not as great as getting a flaming arrow through the chest though.

-I don't want Juliet or said to die! if Sayid dies, he'll be one of the few main characters on LOST that died before being redeemed (well, I guess he was redeemed, but he fell off the redemption wagon!). I know it seems like Juliet's back story is done, but I don't want her dead yet! plus, she has to see her sister again, right??

-so it looks like Miles suspicions were right and Jack detonating the bomb WAS the Incident since the Swan was acting up yet not at such levels to affect the whole Island. well, actually, Juliet detonated it, but it was Jack's idea. I don't see how anyone could survive something like that unless the electromagnetic force neutralizes the atomic power (I'm not even toughing that advance science question!)

-I was dreading the idea that the season would end right with the bomb going off. reminds me of the S2 finale when the Hatch blew and we didn't know who lived or died. I DO NOT want to see the Losties land in LAX and spend all of S6 trying to get back to the Island AGAIN!! I don't understand why no one else understands how much would change in the plane hadn't crashed. doesn't Jin realized that he's sterile off Island so wouldn't even have had Ji-Yeon if they hadn't crashed? why is he going along w/ this plan?

-I can't believe I'm going to post this, but I actually felt a bit sorry for Ben. he was just so beaten down in this episode and Jacob had to be an as* and say "what about you"! no wonder the guy is crazy, he just wants to be loved!

aww man, way too much to process now! I need to watch that again several more times before I can try to come up w/ some sort of theory. I wonder if we have enough info at this point to accurately guess at what is going on?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:48 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,290,258 times
Jacob and that guy at the beginning of the show reminded me of Ben and Charles Widmore. Couldn't Ben NOT kill him for some reason?

Tonight's episode was crazy. After Ben stabbed Jacob and Jacob then told "Locke" that "they're coming" or whatever it was he said, didn't "Locke's" reaction seem strange when he said that he couldn't hear him? Maybe I'm just reading into it too much, but it was almost friendly in a weird way. I thought they were somehow enemies. I don't know. I just didn't expect it. Plus it seemed kind of like Jacob was warning "Locke," which is something you'd think enemies wouldn't do for one another. Hmmmmmmm.

Seeing Sawyer cry was really sad.

I can't wait for next season, and yet I hate to even think about it because it'll fly by and be over forever.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:32 AM

Now what I'd like to know has to do with Christian. Is he really dead and the other guy from the beginning of the show just using a replica of his body the way he seems to be with Locke's body? What about Claire then? I'm confusing myself now. I'm assuming the real Christian must be significant in some way.

Anyone else think maybe Miles was right in that the bomb explosion is what really caused the plane to crash? With Dr. Candle having a prosthetic arm in one of his videos, it would make sense that it was caused by his arm being trapped when all the metal stuff was being sucked into the hole plus I would think it would be possible proof that the explosion didn't work, right?

What about Rose and Bernard? Are we done with them? Was this their final scene? I mean they were just perfectly content with whatever happens happening. It was a little strange to me to be honest, but I hope we see them again. I am glad to see they were taking care of Vincent.

Oh, another thing! Ben said he believed John would come back to life when the plane crashed on the island. Seeing as this doesn't appear to be John after all, was he lying as usual? I'm assuming he couldn't have known this because he talked to "Locke" as if it were truly him. Also how did "Locke" know that Ben killed him if he wasn't there? Is there any chance at all that this truly is Locke and that the body isn't really his? January can't come soon enough for me. I need answers!

I'm wondering if this is a Jacob and Esau thing like in the Bible. It sounds a little like it although not exactly.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:43 AM

[quote=eevee;8802665]

Quote:
was Jacob weaving something? are they trying to hint at The Fates or something? and who was that guy talking to Jacob? Jacob's brother (blah, it's been forever since I've touched a Bible, but the biblical Jacob has a arch rival brother, right? or am I thinking Cain and Abel?). I'm getting the impression that ALL of this stems from some sort of argument/game Jacob and the other guy are playing, like God and Satan playing with Job's life. and we thought Ben and Widmore were the major players!
You're thinking of Esau. He was Jacob's twin brother.

Quote:
-so what is the deal w/ Ilana and her group? why was she in the hospital? what's her connection to Jacob and how did she find the cabin? are they part of the Others or a different group altogether? what was Richard's answer to the question? what was that thing she saw in the cabin (not the picture of the statue, but the weird painting thing. looked like a screaming blond person or something. Claire???)
I need to see that again. I looked at it real quick and thought I saw a panda bear, lol.

Quote:
-yey! We saw hippie Rose and bearded Bernie! and Vincent! IDK about anyone else, but when the camera focused on Juliet walking away from Rose, it kind of gave me a bad feeling she wasn't long for this world (god, I hope I'm wrong!)
When she walked away my first thought was that that was the last we'd see of Rose and Bernard. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote:
-so it looks like Miles suspicions were right and Jack detonating the bomb WAS the Incident since the Swan was acting up yet not at such levels to affect the whole Island. well, actually, Juliet detonated it, but it was Jack's idea. I don't see how anyone could survive something like that unless the electromagnetic force neutralizes the atomic power (I'm not even toughing that advance science question!)
I'd love to see Juliet survive, but I don't see how it's possible. I agree that Miles was right. I loved how he called Dr. Candle "Dad" when he was trying to save him or help him or whatever he was doing.

Quote:
-I was dreading the idea that the season would end right with the bomb going off. reminds me of the S2 finale when the Hatch blew and we didn't know who lived or died. I DO NOT want to see the Losties land in LAX and spend all of S6 trying to get back to the Island AGAIN!! I don't understand why no one else understands how much would change in the plane hadn't crashed. doesn't Jin realized that he's sterile off Island so wouldn't even have had Ji-Yeon if they hadn't crashed? why is he going along w/ this plan?
I hope that doesn't happen either. Someone on another board posted a theory that the episode tonight would end with the plane landing safely in L.A. As soon as I read that I regretted it because it sounded like a crappy ending and I feared it would happen. Thank God it didn't tonight, although I could've done without the screen fading to white, too.

Quote:
-I can't believe I'm going to post this, but I actually felt a bit sorry for Ben. he was just so beaten down in this episode and Jacob had to be an as* and say "what about you"! no wonder the guy is crazy, he just wants to be loved!
I felt bad for him, too, but then again I'm a big Ben fan. It was so sad hearing him ask what was so wrong with him.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:41 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,054,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
wait, what??? i totally missed that.
Near the end of the show, while Locke/Ben are going into the statue to kill Jacob, Ileana and several others (including the pilot Lapidas (sp ?)) brought the coffin of a dead Locke that was part of the plane's cargo. So the question is, is someone else occupying Locke's body ? And really, the same question is applicable to Christian, since he was (coincidence, eh ?) being brought back to LA in a coffin on Oceanic 816, and then he was seen sevral times "alive" since then.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:07 AM

3,770 posts, read 7,555,360 times
But did they ever find Christian's body like they obviously found Lockes? The only thing Im thinking is that its really Locke but a different time version of him. Somehow Locke found out how to get back on the island and it wasnt necessarily the version that was in the coffin. AHHH!! My head hurts!

Old 05-14-2009, 10:15 AM

439 posts, read 501,463 times
At the very beginning when we saw Jacob and the other guy, it must have been long long ago because of the sail-powered ship coming toards the island! The other man made it qite clear that he hated Jacob for luring people to the island just to watch them destroy each other--yet Jacob seemed kind to me!
The other weird guy must be occupying Locke's body so he could finally kill Jacob. What a shock that was! I thought that since Jacob lived so long, nothing could kill him. Certainly not a man with a knife.
Poor Juliet! I hope she isnt permanetley dead. And that statue at the beginning, was mind boggling! I hope when we find out what it all means and who Jacob really was, that it makes sense.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:55 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,054,443 times
Some "plot holes" they need to resolve in Season 6 (can't see the new season till the next decade )

(1) The whole thing about Claire/Aaron
(2) More about Jacob
(3) Desmond/Penny
(4) Sun/Jin getting back together
(5) Jack/Kate FINALLY hooking up
(6) Sawyer and Juliet living happily ever efter
(7) What's the deal about "Hurley" and "Hugo" (as in, why he is known by both names)
(8) What happens after Juliet sets off the nuke
(9) Can Flight 816 now make it to LA with no incident
(10) What's the deal with Christian "being alive"
(11) Are there multiple John Lockes
(12) What's the "Faraday" surname Daniel has

Old 05-14-2009, 05:23 PM

2,065 posts, read 4,410,718 times
OK, just my 2 cents here: I have been thinking and reading a few posts, so IMHO: Jacob is some sort of "good side" whereas the guy dressed in black talking to him is the "bad side" of the story. But really, I have no idea whatsoever!
Let's see... during the flashbacks:
1.When appearing to Kate, he tells her to "be good" throughout life.
2.When appearing to Sawyer and Locke, "I am very sorry for your loss" trying to comfort them in a moment of pain.
3.When appearing to Sayid, as he knew the accident would happen, he attempted to spare his life.
4.When appearing to Hurley, he not only used kind words but also told him he had a choice (as he also later told Ben), giving both the "gift of free will" to do whatever they thought was right.
5.When appearing to Jack, he offered the extra chocolate and said "maybe it just needed a little push"; even though he seemed to be talking about the vending machine, maybe he was actually trying to instill some confidence upon his personality.
6.When appearing to Jin and Sun, he blessed them very kindly.
7.When appearing to Ilana, he apologized for not having come earlier, maybe because she had been through something she needed to before he could come and offer her some comfort.
Thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV