U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 25 43.86%
No 19 33.33%
It was just OK 13 22.81%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2010, 11:18 PM

1,306 posts, read 1,535,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
As far as the kid goes, I think it's someone we haven't met. There's the white and the black, but none of the colors in between. Obviously SOMEONE had to set the "rules." For whatever reason, this kid has to be the one to do it. It sounds like Cain and Abel really.
I have been more inclined to liken the story to that of Jacob and Esau. The Bible described the two brothers this way: "Esau became a hunter, a man of the field, but Jacob was a simple man, a dweller in tents". As we have seen, before Ben moved the Others (the followers of Jacob) to the Barracks, they lived in tents and lived very simple lives. The smoke monster, by it's very nature, is a hunter, and roams the Island. And like the biblical Esau, the monster, has been searching for a way to kill Jacob but is prevented from doing so. The similarities to the story is why since the end of last season, I have routinely referred to what everyone calls "MIB" as Esau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W.
How could Locke be "claimed"? He died in the states and his body was in that coffin. MIB just assumes the appearance of Locke when he's not Smokey...he doesn't use Locke's body.
If you are referring to my post, what I meant by "claimed" was simply that the entity was using Locke as an instrument to do it's work, not that it was using his physical body. I'm not sure that where a person died is necessarily relevant to the ability for them to be claimed. Christian Shepard died in Australia, but his body disappeared on the Island. Who do you think it really was walking around on the Island and talking to Locke and everyone else? It sure wasn't the real Christian, but instead our smoky friend taking on Christian's form. Same thing with Locke. Once Locke's body arrived on the Island, he, or more specifically, his appearance, could be claimed by Esau. Sayid died but then revived, but his momentary death made him claimable for use in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama
Are we 100% sure that Flocke and Sawyer, Kate, Jin and Hurley are in 2007? Isn't it possible that Sawyer, Kate, Jin and Hurley are actually further in time and Flocke can jump from time to time? This way, it's possible that the 11 or so year old kid is actually Aaron?
I think it's pretty safe to say that everyone is now in 2007 where they are supposed to be. I know it's tempting to want the kid to be Aaron, but I think it's highly unlikely. You need only look at the clothes the boy was wearing. They were obviously not modern, but exactly like the clothes that the Others routinely wear. This, plus the look of almost fear in "Locke's" eyes, leads me to believe that whoever this boy is, he is someone "Locke" knew long ago.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 07:10 AM

6,766 posts, read 7,476,636 times
Hmmm I thought the kid was for sure a young Jacob.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:08 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,880,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
...Like the writers said on Jimmy Kimmell last night, they have gone back in time, forward in time, now they and we are going sideways in time! LOL it's cornfusing as all get out but I'm liking it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
The producers have indicated differently. One thing they said is that we are seeing a sideways time line referring to the alternate timeline we are seeing.

Second thing is that the X in the episode title LA X stands for an alternate dimension or reality in the science fiction or comic book world.
One way or another, like it or not... I think we got a "sideways" timeline to deal with.

I saw something in another thread about "alternate" universes and how an event occuring differently may start off as a seemingly small change... but as time progresses, it turns into a vast change. Maybe that's what the LAX timeline is going to reveal.

I will try to curtail my parody and nonsensical posts to another forum and stay more on topic to the tv show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
...Jacob did visit her as a kid, just can't remember if he touched her.
Yeah, he touched her right on her little freckly nose and said, "Be good Kate." ... like she'd listen. Nobody seems to like to listen to Jacob much, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
The question then is, what or who, will put the scales back into balance? Who is going to be the show's Thoth? Perhaps, one of the "candidates"?
I don't know if this was discussed or not, but Jacob caught Flock's attention when he said with his dying breath, "They're coming." Who's coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Perhaps there is a connection with this parenthood thing on the island...the MIB and his son, Ben and his daughter, Michael and Walt, Claire and Aaron, Jack seeing his dad, etc. ...Especially since the boy told the MIB "You know the rules. You can't kill him." Ben's daughter said something similar to Ben about Locke.
Interesting. I also want to know what ever happened to Ben's dad. He shot Sayid, but did get get shot back or not and does any of that matter to this point?

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-22-2010 at 11:28 AM..

Old 02-22-2010, 10:20 AM

2,902 posts, read 2,736,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I will try to curtail my parody and nonsensical posts to another forum and stay more on topic to the tv show.
Sorry to hear it. The n00b Lost fans: I totally bet this is purgatory, you guys.

Lost Recap 6x04: The Substitute | The Ack Attack! Recap 6x04 is up...

Old 02-22-2010, 11:43 AM

1,508 posts, read 1,493,217 times
Ben killed his father during the purge. He gassed him inside the vw van. I don't know if this holds up any more with all the timeline changes or not.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:31 PM

2,773 posts, read 2,089,915 times
I have a feeling we'll be seeing his father in the Ben-centric episode later...just a feeling!

Old 02-23-2010, 01:37 AM

1,306 posts, read 1,535,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I don't know if this was discussed or not, but Jacob caught Flock's attention when he said with his dying breath, "They're coming." Who's coming?
I think it was a reference to Ilana and the armed men that were waiting outside of the "foot" to see Jacob. It was this comment that seemed to prompt "Locke" to quickly kick Jacob's body into the fire, leaving nothing to find when Bram and his companions entered the chamber.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:41 PM

5,285 posts, read 3,890,116 times
I'm thinking tonights episode starts with Claire, just a hunch I have no inside info.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:05 PM

5,740 posts, read 6,029,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I'm thinking tonights episode starts with Claire, just a hunch I have no inside info.

According to the previews, she is in it quite a bit.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:36 PM

5,285 posts, read 3,890,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
According to the previews, she is in it quite a bit.
Oh. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV