Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:27 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,597,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
OK, I am just going to say one thing: I bet men reading that comment about Richard thought "WTH? Now that he's all dirty, sweaty and hairy - NOW he's even HOTTER???" LOL.
i got a little gayer inside
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Interesting that they showed Richard's flashback only, but not the alternative timeline. I guess that would be too much.
the bomb hadnt gone off yet

Old 03-25-2010, 01:20 AM

ok folks, the question that hasnt been talked about yet:

what was the loophole that the MIB needed to kill jacob?

i think its clear that the MIB played locke to leave island to kill himself since the MIB couldnt kill him when he on the island *, all for the purpose to take form of locke when he was dead. he would then persuade ben to kill jacob

what was special about ben? he wasnt brought there by jacob originally, and he wasnt a candidate. what was special about the circumstances that lead jacob, whos basically immortal, be killed by regular ben?

* remember the kid telling flocke he couldnt kill sawyer. i dont think thats exclusive to just the candidates, but to all that jacob brought to the island for a purpose

damn this show is a mind****, i keep thinking of new questions

Old 03-25-2010, 07:14 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
ok folks, the question that hasnt been talked about yet:

what was the loophole that the MIB needed to kill jacob?

i think its clear that the MIB played locke to leave island to kill himself since the MIB couldnt kill him when he on the island *, all for the purpose to take form of locke when he was dead. he would then persuade ben to kill jacob

what was special about ben? he wasnt brought there by jacob originally, and he wasnt a candidate. what was special about the circumstances that lead jacob, whos basically immortal, be killed by regular ben?

* remember the kid telling flocke he couldnt kill sawyer. i dont think thats exclusive to just the candidates, but to all that jacob brought to the island for a purpose

damn this show is a mind****, i keep thinking of new questions
Seems to me the only loophole was that he had to have someone else do it.

I find the whole bit about "don't let him say one word before you kill him" curious. The phrase was used by both MIB when he told Richard to kill Jacob and by Jackie Chan in the temple when he told Sayid to kill Flocke.

Flocke said hello before Sayid stabbed him so IMO that is why Sayid couldn't kill him. Notice that when Richard came up on Jacob, Jacob didn't say anything right away. He just commenced to whipping a**.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:28 AM

502 posts, read 2,295,654 times
I'm so happy that I finally got to see Richard's story!!! I keep thinking each week, Is this the best episode of the season? LOVED THIS EPISODE!! What I want to know is who is taking Jacob's place. And again, where the hell is Rose and Bernard????

Old 03-25-2010, 08:01 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0706772 View Post
Did anyone else catch that when Richard was give to the capt. of the Black Rock the capt. called him Mr. Windmore (or very close to that name). Than he said to Richard you are now the property of Magnus HANSO.

Also it reminded me a little of this Twilight Zone episode.

The Howling Man | Twilight Zone | Second Season
I thought the same thing about the Widmore reference. I also caught the Hanso reference and seemed to remember that it was already established that he was the Captain of the Black Rock.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
LOL Calm down. Go to hulu.com. Less commercials
I'm watching it right now. LOL.

I agree w/ all the ladies about Richards hotness.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 AM

336 posts, read 1,295,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I thought the same thing about the Widmore reference. I also caught the Hanso reference and seemed to remember that it was already established that he was the Captain of the Black Rock.

There is alway so much going on it's hard to remember everything. I do remember Widmore buying the Black Rock log book at an auction.

I also think Nestor Carbonell (Richard) should get an emmy for that episode.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:11 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Great episode. So much biblical symbolism w/ the wine and the nail.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:23 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
I just re-watched the scene with Hurley, Richard and Isabella. The last thing Isabella says to Richard is: "We are already together." Then she disappears and Hurley tells Richard that Isabella had just said that Richard has stop MIB from leaving the island, because if Richard doesn't "We all go to hell." Does that mean that Hurley made this part up to keep Richard from joining Flocke's side?
I don't think Hurley made anything up...I think it was just the way the writers designed the scene.

I do find the "we are already together" comment a little strange. Let's assume that Richard has never been able to communicate with Isabella in the centuries he's been on the island...until Hurley. "We're already together" says to me that Richard is also living in some sort of alternate timeline as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV