U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 25 43.86%
No 19 33.33%
It was just OK 13 22.81%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2010, 07:38 AM

5,589 posts, read 3,530,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
No matter how you slice it, Kate is a sick puppy.
I try not to obsess about Lost too much, but now you have me wondering. Is everyone (even anyone) going to make it off the island? If not, who is going to be left behind?

There were two corpses nicknamed Adam and Eve that Hurley theorized had something to do with time travel. I didn't realize Adam and Eve were in two episodes - check this link. Adam and Eve - Lostpedia - The Lost Encyclopedia

Does someone need to take Jacobs place as island "caretaker"? Who would be the logical candidates? My first thought was Jack, he keeps being drawn to the island, and possibly Kate as her life is dreadful in both time-lines.

But Sun and Jin are also possibilities. In one timeline their marriage was miserable, in the other her father paid to have Jin killed. The island may be the kinder easier way for them.

And of course, this is all complete speculation, and I should be going to work, but this stupid show makes me crazy and I'm going to be late doing this. Ahhh!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 11:23 AM

10,041 posts, read 5,245,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Is everyone (even anyone) going to make it off the island?
Probably not.

Quote:
There were two corpses nicknamed Adam and Eve that Hurley theorized had something to do with time travel.
I believe they're Rose and Bernard. The only thing that throws me off is the little pouch with the black and white stones, but Jacob could have left it there when they were buried (assuming Jacob buried them).

Maybe Rose and Bernard didn't make the last time warp and died during the purge.

Quote:
Does someone need to take Jacobs place as island "caretaker"? Who would be the logical candidates? My first thought was Jack, he keeps being drawn to the island, and possibly Kate as her life is dreadful in both time-lines.
Probably. Anyone who accidentally discovers the Island would be manipulated by the Smokester so he can leave. Someone has to make sure that doesn't happen. Jack's tattoo, "He walks among us, but he is not one of us" is a big clue.

Quote:
But Sun and Jin are also possibilities. In one timeline their marriage was miserable, in the other her father paid to have Jin killed. The island may be the kinder easier way for them.
Well, logic says if the Smokester left the Island, then it was the Smokester who destroyed the Island, to make sure he can never be imprisoned there again. In the original time-line, their marriage would have worked out, since it was Jin's plan to deliver the watch and then stay in the US.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
If the ash circle had been broken, the MIB would not have been sitting in the cabin, seemingly trapped, and asking for Locke to help him.
I read where the producers claim it was Jacob, and that a composite image was used because the character of Jacob had not been cast yet.

If so, it would seem Jacob figured out the loop-hole, and then set everything up to spoon feed it to the Smokester, so Jacob could beat the Smokester at his own game in the end.

Quote:
The producers threw so much stuff at us over the course of the show and now they are scrambling to advance the story in a way that makes sense and try to tie up loose ends at the same time, all before the series ends. My guess is that the inconsistencies will become even more pronounced as we get into the final episodes.
Well, JJ Abrahms left at the start of the 3rd Season, and everything kind of got screwed up after that.

They already said they will not address the building of the statue or anything else on the Island, except for the wheel in the Orchid Station. The events that lead to the imprisonment of the Smokester on the Island apparently take place in the 1st Century CE. Since vertical heirogplyphs from circa 2800 BCE appear on the Temple and elsewhere, they kind of screwed themselves. If they had used Linear Heiractic B heiroglyphs, they could have fudged it a little, since those were in use during the Saitic Period (cicra 200 BCE). There's also Phoenician alphabetic characters and Siniactic characters (sometimes called Paleo-Phoenician or Paleo-Hebrew) in the tunnels and in the wheel-room.

Quote:
All of it makes me seriously wonder what Eloise Hawking's true motivations really are.
I don't know about her. She's devious. She's probably the "fly in the ointment" that blindsides everyone (the viewers) because they're so focused on Widmore or the Smokester or Desmond or someone else. We don't really have any back-story on her, like when and why she left the Island (apparently before Widmore did) and how she knows so much.

Remember it was Christian who told Locke to find Eloise Hawking to get back to the Island. How would he know that? My guess is she's been in control of the Lamp Post ever since the purge. I wonder if she's been time-traveling to and from the Island to learn about the future.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:54 PM

6,543 posts, read 8,633,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
I've saved all of season 6 episodes on DVR too! I only have the first 2 seasons on DVD, but told the fam that I would like the rest of the seasons for my b-day, Xmas, etc. Then I'll watch it all and have a ton of AHA moments, I'm sure. Hard to believe that it's almost over. I'll miss you, Lost!
All the seasons are on NETFLIX instant service and I can watch any season, any show, anytime I want. I've been watching a few season 1 and 2 episodes and came back dissapointed. It just seems strangely disconnected to what is going on currently, I didn't notice anything revealing on the current viewings.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:59 PM

2,708 posts, read 1,934,334 times
As far as I can tell, this is what's left to be aired:
May 4th The Candidate
May 11th Across the Sea
May 18th What They Died For
May 22nd Original Pilot rerun, enhanced, 2-hour
May 23rd Clip show (2-hour), Series Finale (2-hour), post-finale wrap-up hosted by Jimmy Kimmel

Old 05-03-2010, 01:35 AM
Status: "Even the losers get lucky sometimes" (set 2 days ago)

1,301 posts, read 1,467,384 times
Quote:
I don't know about her. She's devious. She's probably the "fly in the ointment" that blindsides everyone (the viewers) because they're so focused on Widmore or the Smokester or Desmond or someone else. We don't really have any back-story on her, like when and why she left the Island (apparently before Widmore did) and how she knows so much. Remember it was Christian who told Locke to find Eloise Hawking to get back to the Island. How would he know that? My guess is she's been in control of the Lamp Post ever since the purge. I wonder if she's been time-traveling to and from the Island to learn about the future.
Well, I don't know if she has had access to the Lamp Post station since the Purge or not. We know that in 1996 she was in London, running that antique shop or whatever where Desmond went to buy Penny's engagement ring. What isn't known is whether she left London at some point and took up residence in Los Angeles, or whether she was going back and forth between the two.

But more to the point, some of her actions have certainly been suspect. Her insistence that everyone had to go back to the Island, that Locke's body had to have with it something belonging to Jack's father, on the surface appear to be designed to help everyone involved. Yet as best we can see, the only person it has helped is the MIB. Obviously since Eloise was on the Island from 1954 to at least 1977, she knows who and what the MIB is and how he operates. It all makes me wonder if she isn't actively assisting the MIB in his goal to leave the Island.

If that is the case, what would be the reason? A possible answer might well be found in the two timelines and Daniel. She apparently is well aware that both timelines exist and what has taken place in each of them. In one, her only child is dead, sacrificed to the Island and a man that she placed all her faith in. In the other, her son is alive and well. Widmore may well have reason to preserve the 2007 timeline whether it's to regain control of “his” Island, keep the MIB on the Island, or because of his desire to reconcile with Penny. But Eloise has no such motivation, no need to save anyone or anything in 2007. No, her real interest would be in the 2004 timeline, which may well be why she admonished Desmond to stop what he was doing. She doesn’t want or need him to mess around with things that may negatively impact that timeline.

So when you add everything together, it is not unreasonable to conclude that Eloise Hawking really has more motivation to help the MIB than she does to stop him.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
So when you add everything together, it is not unreasonable to conclude that Eloise Hawking really has more motivation to help the MIB than she does to stop him.
That makes me wonder what Desmond really said to Sayid. I have a hunch we'll be revisiting the well in a future episode to see the whole conversation that took place between Desmond and Sayid and the reason Sayid didn't kill Desmond.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:05 AM

1,462 posts, read 1,375,472 times
I'm so glad it's Tuesday! I need my Lost fix. Nine more hours to go...I feel like a junkie waiting for my dealer.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:21 AM

5,740 posts, read 5,768,125 times
Quote:
That makes me wonder what Desmond really said to Sayid. I have a hunch we'll be revisiting the well in a future episode to see the whole conversation that took place between Desmond and Sayid and the reason Sayid didn't kill Desmond.

I am thinking Sayid might be playing MIB. At least, I hope so. Sayid has intelligience and combat experience so if anyone could pull that off, he could.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:45 AM

12,586 posts, read 6,863,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I am thinking Sayid might be playing MIB. At least, I hope so. Sayid has intelligience and combat experience so if anyone could pull that off, he could.
Me too! Sayid is one of my favs. I'm hoping he goes out like the nice guy he had turned into!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV