Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:11 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,940 times

Advertisements

Lock kept his promise: he got them off the island: he didnt say alive. He told Sayed that if he helped him (flock) that he would meet his woman. He didn't promise that Sayed would be alive when that happened.

I think the Poster below makes sense, that Flock is going after Desmond. I don't think the rules apply to Desmond as they do the Candidates. I don't believe that Flock knows that the bomb didnt kill all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 09:11 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,597,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
IMO he's referring to Desmond, not the 4 survivors.
interesting. he did kind of look back when he said it

Old 05-10-2010, 09:52 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Then they should have written a full season instead of just 17 episodes.

The fact that they added 30 minutes to the 2 hour finale is proof there's dozens of scenes lying on the editing room floor (so to speak).

They were clueless. Ben's character was cast only for the episodes with Henry Gale confined in the arms room in the Swan Station. It was afterward when they decided to make Ben a permanent cast member. That means they had no idea Ben would kill Jacob until sometime in the 4th season, and probably they didn't even know Jacob would be killed until that point either.

That also means they didn't know Sayid would kill young Ben. And since Sayid cannot kill young Ben unless they time travel, that means the writers had no idea the characters would be time-traveling until sometime in the 4th Season.

The characters of Libby and Ana Lucia were written off after they got DUIs, which means they changed the story-line, and they could, because they didn't know where it was going.

Mr Ecko was actually planned for several seasons, but his character was written off after Mr Ecko wanted to leave the show for personal reasons.

He was involved in writing nearly all of the shows, and the ones he didn't write, he reviewed, and he was in the editing room for every single show.

His last work was "A Tale of Two Cities" which was the lead episode for Season 3.

Season 3 is when the show lost a lot of fans and even the die-hard fans admit the show was of lesser quality and kind of screwy.

It just wasn't the same LOST after JJ left.

It would have been better if the Sci-Fi Channel had the show. They would have allowed more creative freedom than the creatively dead morons at ABC.

That's the real reason.

Reading spoilers can be bad for your health. A lot of people don't understand that scenes for movies and TV are filmed out of sequence. Normally scenes are filmed by location. For example, they rented the submarine and filmed all of the scenes involving the submarine over the course of 1-5 days perhaps. Then they go to the hospital and film all the scenes in the hospital. Then they go to a school and film all the scenes that take place in the school. Then they go to Locke's house and film all the scenes with Locke and Helen.

Yeah, well they screwed themselves trying to be clever and not doing enough research.

Supposedly "Across the Sea" takes place in the 1st Century CE. That's most unfortunate, because the Egyptian heiroglyphs you see are from circa 2800 BCE. Which means someone was on the Island long before Jacob and the Smokester got there.

There's also paleo-Canaanite script circa 1500 BCE in the tunnels. And then there's Canaanite/Phoenician script circa 1000 BCE above the tunnels with the paleo-Caanite script and below the temple (which would be a neat engineering trick - how do you build a tunnel between a tunnel and the surface).

Jacob's lighthouse is Greek-style, circa 400 BCE or so. Yeah, the writers kind of didn't know what they were doing.

Wow.

You are making far too much out of this. It's a TV show. It is meant purely for entertainment.

I never said they planned every detail of every episode of all 7 seasons from the start. I said they had to have had some idea where the show was going from the start and they did. Of course you are going to have casting changes you dont expect. When you have dozens of characters that is going to happen.

To say that they were clueless is just stupid. Clueless people could not have written this good of a show with so many characters interwoven. They have done a 100000000x better job than about any other show on TV has ever done.

You're expecting perfection when it isnt possible.

If the show is so bad and full of constant errors, why do you watch?

Old 05-10-2010, 12:08 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,936 times
Hey, let's concentrate on what's left, not what's in the past! Two new episodes and the big finale. We're approaching the nitty gritty, the END! That's what I care about. Go LOST, go! Across the Sea is tomorrow and it's going to give us some answers...and a great story, hopefully!

Old 05-11-2010, 12:24 AM

i cant wait. i got a pint of ben & jerrys for the occasion

Old 05-11-2010, 01:38 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,882,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
i cant wait. i got a pint of ben & jerrys for the occasion
You must have excellent self-control, that pint would be history the minute I got it home!

Old 05-11-2010, 07:28 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Wow.

You are making far too much out of this. It's a TV show. It is meant purely for entertainment.

I never said they planned every detail of every episode of all 7 seasons from the start. I said they had to have had some idea where the show was going from the start and they did. Of course you are going to have casting changes you dont expect. When you have dozens of characters that is going to happen.

To say that they were clueless is just stupid. Clueless people could not have written this good of a show with so many characters interwoven. They have done a 100000000x better job than about any other show on TV has ever done.

You're expecting perfection when it isnt possible.

If the show is so bad and full of constant errors, why do you watch?
well you have some folks that just enjoy art...people like me that just enjoy the ride, while having fun trying to put together the clues,which apparently I am very limited to. Then there are the INTEL types that need to figure out every single plot line and every single angle like a math problem..when 2x>3x they tend to get upset. Not me, with this show 2x could equal 3x, 4x 5x you just never know. Its called Lost...not 'Every thing makes sense. I like this fantasy world. At work if 2x does not equal 2x....I have to fix it.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
You must have excellent self-control, that pint would be history the minute I got it home!
im surprised myself. i bought out walmarts supply since the local grocerys arnt carrying it. i have 3 pints in the freezer

Old 05-11-2010, 03:12 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,440 times
I haven't seen much of the show since Flocke or NotLocke or whatever we are calling him threw Desmond into the bottom of the well. Was there
an ep after that that showed what happened to him? I seem to recall at the start of that ep -- when Widmore kidnapped him -- that Widmore told him "a sacrifice has to be made." Was that ever explained? I do wonder if we will end up somehow where we started (if I remember correctly) with Desmond pushing a button every 108 minutes ....

Short explanation appreciated!

Old 05-11-2010, 08:04 PM

hmm, interesting. so is flocke jacobs brother, or the smoke monster who pretended to be jacobs brother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV