U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 25 43.86%
No 19 33.33%
It was just OK 13 22.81%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:39 PM

10,172 posts, read 5,357,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
I just read an interview with the actress that played Ilana, and she said originally she was actually supposed to be Jacob's daughter. But due to time issues they had to end it the way they did
She was one of my favorite characters, and she would have had a key role
That could have been really something. Her character was much more interesting that Kate. I was really bummed out to see her get blown up like that.

As I've said, before they're just flying by the seat of their pants, trying to "git her done."

They could have had 23 episodes each for Season 5 and 6, instead of 16 and 17 episodes. I guess as far as ABC and the writer's are concerned, the viewers aren't worthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 08:40 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,234,048 times
I love Lost and Sunday will be a very sad day...

No series will "replace" it. Honestly, imo nothing compares to it.

There are many factors for that... soundtrack, actors, the whole story itself. Even though there were very few episodes I did not particularly enjoy, I am glad it has been a tremendously fun ride for 6 years.

Some characters really have a soft spot in my heart: Hugo, Richard, Ilana, Desmond, Juliet, Locke, even Sawyer. Even the smoke monster!

Hugo and Desmond, what's not to love about them?!

Richard, got a very hard bargain from Jacob. Everyone says Jacob is the coolest guy, and I partially agree, but Richard was not given anything but eternal life, which he only asked impromptu for fear of going to hell. And honestly, his eternal life was not exactly heavenly... without Isabella and in an island being Jacob's messenger?! Oh good Jesus...

Ilana did everything for Jacob, apparently he could not really care less about her, never showed up unless he wanted something from her, and she ended up the way she did. I will never know why she was at the hospital

I was not really struck by Juliet initially but the episode with her and her sister hit me big time. And her romance with Sawyer, very unlikely but very credible.

Sawyer is the true candidate imo: all in all, he has the golden heart of Jacob (does anybody remember when he was reading to Aron, or when he was so scared to be sick and just needed glasses?!) but he can also be very tough, (when needed) just like the smoke monster.

The smoke monster...obviously he was the achiever, the smart one, the curious one, and crazy mamma meant nothing but problems to him throughout his whole life. He ended up going down the light bc Jacob did what mamma wanted (even knowing she just picked him for the sheer lack of choice!!) and as she was tired to be the protector of the island she arranged everything and poor smokey ended up with the shorter end of the stick.
But he lashed out on Richard and I am not so sympathetic towards him anymore.

Locke was the man of faith, the believer, and the most intriguing character imo.
His dialogue with Boone (who always bored me to tears!!) about Michelangelo was brilliant.
And when he got to his dad's house after the kidney transplant/the hatch lighted up...when he started walking on the island... just unforgettable Lost material.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:29 AM

9,503 posts, read 6,556,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
I really do think that MIB wants to leave the island! He's going to try to destroy the island...and if he does, there would be no island for him to hang around. I think that part of the monster that is Jacob's brother has wanted to leave the island for a long time. And the pure smoke monster part is bored with killing inhabitants of the island. It could kill SO much more people elsewhere!
BTW, there was something in the paper about a lot of sites popping in order up to infect computers with malware following a web search using the word"LOST". Just be careful, use only trusted sites and don't download anything!
If the two timelines are coming together as promised, their stories must begin to share events. Locke came to Jack to get out of the chair, his limitation in life. Jack seemed certain he had to do that for Locke.

And now Jack is the island's protector. If they are showing a parallel, somehow Jack will release the MIB from being smoke. Somehow Jack had that same urge in LA X.

And I wonder... when Jacob was made the protector his brother could not kill him nor could he kill his brother. If Jack is now the protector, do the same rules apply?

I suppose the malware makers will take any opportunity to lure you in. Remember to BACK UP your important stuff regularly. From someone who learned the hard way.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:02 AM

3,132 posts, read 7,169,848 times
I am just curious how they plan to end this thing! I have enjoyed, been frustrated by, disgusted, disgruntled, crazed, and hopeful..just to grab a few adjectives..by this tv show. It is obvious that the possibilities are almost endless, as to how this show might end. I just hope that it satisfies!

Old 05-22-2010, 09:09 AM

12,655 posts, read 6,996,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I remember him in the Stepfather and Stepfather 2, creapy good fun and a lesson to single mothers out there...
He also was in a short lived series back in the 90's about catching demons some place. Don't remember the name of the series but was the first time I saw O'Quinn and never forgot him. Then saw him in "The Step-father" and was even more impressed with him.

Quote:
I think that Terry O'Quinn deserves that acting honor. Although there are many talented actors and actresses on that show.
I think that Jack will become the "protector of the light". That scene they have released with Hurley and the boy...I think Jacob will be back to swear in the new "protector of the light". It should be Jack because Jack already knows this is his destiny. Nobody else is even really wanting it at this point. He will volunteer.
Good guess! Turned out to be spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I think that MIB/Smokey/Flocke or whoever the hell he is, is not the devil. I believe he represents pandora's box. He represents all the sins and descreations of man. So, he is not evil but not good either. He is selfish, manipulative, destructive, and all the other things that man are.

I also think that Jacob's brother is smokey and smokey is Jacob's brother. They are two entities combined into one.

As far as best actor or character, I would have to say that O'Quinn is without question the best actor. But, the best characters in my opinion have to be Hurley, Ben, and Desmond.
Very interesting analogy about Smokie. That seems to fit him/it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If the finale starts at 7:00P on Sunday, how long is it?
The whole evening starts at 7 Eastern time and does not end until after Jimmy Kimmel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
Can we please answer the questions of the regular viewers? Thanks guys!!
What are "regular viewers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I'm not ready to write off Richard just yet. That attack by the smoke monster was pretty tame compared to what we've seen IT do to others on the island. I'm thinking Richard found the hidden immunity idol before the attack! Oops wrong show. Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

My twisted philosophy is no body=not dead. I'm still holding out hope that Frank is not dead. And I don't need everyone to come on here and tell me they are both dead. Just let me enjoy my denial till Sunday night at 11:30 when it will then expire.
LMAO, ouijee! Maybe Richard went by his middle name...Russell??? I like Frank also. Easy on the eyes and a nice man.

Quote:
Can't you let me have some fun? Who knows, they may still need a pilot! My other reason is that EW didn't list him among the dead for that episode. My post was made in jest and I said I didn't need anyone to come on here and tell me otherwise. Good grief. Like I said the expiration for my denial runs out at 11:30 Sunday night.
Easy girl! LOL Some people just "have that in 'em".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I bet you that the last scene of LOST will show Jack guarding the Island as Jacob did, and then we will see another plane crash or ship wreck with a whole new story that we will have to imagine for the rest of our lives.
Excellent idea! I could go for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I think it ends 500 years in the future with jack on the beach fixing breakfast. Lock walks up beside him and sits down beside him...."you know Im going to try and kill you someday" says Lock" Jack: " I know, and Ill be here when you try." You hear a crash on the Island (audience guesses it must be a plane) and they zoom back in on jacs eye. The end.
That's another good one.

Quote:
I don't think I would ever be able to explain to you why I like Frank. I don't see him as insignificant at all. He was supposed to fly 815 and I think that's important. You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not trying to get you to change your opinion, so please leave mine alone. I really don't understand why this bothers you so much. I take the show seriously and I'm just having a little fun. Don't you like to have fun? Oh and I do like the actor who plays Frank and I like his character. I don't know what else to say about the matter. I still have 4 days till the expiration.
One more day to dream, ouijee!

Quote:
I really do think that MIB wants to leave the island! He's going to try to destroy the island...and if he does, there would be no island for him to hang around. I think that part of the monster that is Jacob's brother has wanted to leave the island for a long time. And the pure smoke monster part is bored with killing inhabitants of the island. It could kill SO much more people elsewhere!
BTW, there was something in the paper about a lot of sites popping in order up to infect computers with malware following a web search using the word"LOST". Just be careful, use only trusted sites and don't download anything!
Thanks for the head's up, Lee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That could have been really something. Her character was much more interesting that Kate. I was really bummed out to see her get blown up like that.

As I've said, before they're just flying by the seat of their pants, trying to "git her done."

They could have had 23 episodes each for Season 5 and 6, instead of 16 and 17 episodes. I guess as far as ABC and the writer's are concerned, the viewers aren't worthy.
Didn't the writer's strike have something to do with that?

I just watched this eppie and I thought it was great. I like Miles. His character was an oft needed relief from "the drama". That was nice of Richard to have buried Alex. I'd love to know what she was saying.

Did anyone notice when Hurley showed up to give the "cop" the money, he was shocked and said "you didn't tell me Anna Lucia was going to be here!" Then Desmond says "What?" and Hurley says "Nothing!" Guess Hurley wasn't privvy to Anna's being there and that was actually a "blooper" but it went so smoothly the director kept it in!!! I had to watch that scene 3 times it was so funny! Pure off the cuff stuff that made it onto the screen. Loved it.

A little under 31 hours left! No more LOST.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:23 PM

4,893 posts, read 7,069,494 times
The series Terry O'Quinn was on in the 90's was called Millennium... Good show! (I've had a little crush on him ever since..)

Old 05-22-2010, 02:28 PM

4,043 posts, read 4,846,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
The series Terry O'Quinn was on in the 90's was called Millennium... Good show! (I've had a little crush on him ever since..)
Millennium is on the Chiller Network every night.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:58 PM

1,258 posts, read 692,846 times
The writers negotiated 16 episode seasons at the end of season 3. While I wish this season had 25 episodes (because I. do. not. want it to end), if we look at the examples from seasons 1, 2 and 3, there were about 16 episodes that advanced the plot, and the rest were more or less filler. Well done filler (except for Jack's tattoos), but filler nonetheless. We've even had filler this season, which is incredible considering that they were trying to wrap up the series! So yes, I agree with the writers limiting themselves to 16 episode seasons. Season 4 was only 14 episodes because of the strike, season 5 was 17 episodes, and season 6 will end up at 18.5. I was THRILLED when they announced that the finale would be 2.5 hours instead of 2, but I kind of wish they'd just make it 3. I need all of the Lost I can get.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:21 PM

12,655 posts, read 6,996,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Millennium is on the Chiller Network every night.

Good memory, love! Yeah, me too.

Don't get Chiller here but that would be nice.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:21 PM

2,716 posts, read 1,971,788 times
They should have just made a very long finale and skipped the LOST, the Final Journey stuff before the finale. But of course, that wasn't up to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV