Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 10:23 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Good memory, love! Yeah, me too.

Don't get Chiller here but that would be nice.
They kind of snuck Chiller on our cable system without fanfare, I think it's owned by Syfy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 10:30 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
I loved watching the reshowing of the pilot. I remember watching it without a vcr/dvd and not getting to see it again for a LONG time. But the insights we see now are fascinating. Like when Charlie and Kate and Jack go to the cockpit. The smoke monster kills the pilot and they got away. But not quite... they are canditates. He/it cannot kill them. Adds a different layer of meaning.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Will be glued to the tv for sure. But when I was reviewing the schedule for the dvr and looked at Tuesday it looked so empty without Lost...

Old 05-23-2010, 03:44 AM

4,694 posts, read 4,039,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds
Desmond was in a well sitting on the ground when Flocke pushed him in. Suddenly, the well is full of water. Perhaps once the "light" is extinguished, the island's holes fill up with water and it sinks?
The well was already filled with water. When Desmond and “Locke” arrived at the well, in response to Desmond’s unspoken question about how deep it was, “Locke” dropped a torch into the well. You could hear a splash when it reached the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds
Jacob told Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurley that he didn't choose them and force them to leave their happy lives...he chose them because they were all not living up to their potential and weren't going to end up happy. Even though they were stuck on the island and obviously had some pretty horrific things happen and seen people they cared about die off, they were living up to their potential and heading towards a better place when they were on the island than they were before they got on the plane.
I’m not sure this is an entirely accurate characterization of why they were chosen. Jacob’s reason for selecting them was because he saw in them a reflection of himself. Each of them was alone, flawed, and searching for something they couldn’t find. As he put it “I chose you because you needed this place (the Island) as much as it needed you.” It isn’t that they weren’t living up to their potential, but instead were incomplete and lost. The Island basically filled in the blanks of their lives, while they in turn would potentially provide the missing piece (a replacement for Jacob) the Island needed to continue on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee
I believe they're going to Daniel's concert w/ Driveshaft. and not everyone will be there, just Des, Kate, Daniel, Penny (she was on the guest list) and maybe some other DHARMA folks Eloise may be still connected to, like Miles (didn't he get dressed up to go somewhere), his dad, and Charlotte. doubt Jack will be there at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2
I believe that that event has already passed. Several days have passed since then and they were laying out silverware for that event. In fact, I believe the event was the next day from when Desmond confronted Eloise.
Technically speaking, because of all the things that have transpired time wise, Daniel’s concert should have already taken place. However, “Lost” being such as it is, I’m guessing the producers, in order to reconcile everything, will have our LA Xer’s attending that event despite the time discrepancy. It’s really the only logical (or illogical) way for Desmond to get everyone in the same place at the same time. Jack will in fact be there because he told David that he would be. I’m betting that Sawyer shows up too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv
Did anyone notice when Hurley showed up to give the "cop" the money, he was shocked and said "you didn't tell me Anna Lucia was going to be here!" Then Desmond says "What?" and Hurley says "Nothing!" Guess Hurley wasn't privvy to Anna's being there and that was actually a "blooper" but it went so smoothly the director kept it in!!! I had to watch that scene 3 times it was so funny! Pure off the cuff stuff that made it onto the screen. Loved it.
No, I don’t think that was a “blooper” at all. Hurley said to Desmond “Oh hey, you didn’t tell me Ana Lucia was gonna be here” to which she replied “Do I know you, tubby?” Hurley then said “Oh no, we never met. Anyway here’s your money. A hundred and twenty-five grand, right?” After she left Hurley says to Desmond “She’s not coming with us?” to which Desmond responds “No, she’s not ready yet”. A fun scene to be sure but definitely a scripted one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam
Sawyer is the true candidate imo: all in all, he has the golden heart of Jacob (does anybody remember when he was reading to Aron, or when he was so scared to be sick and just needed glasses?!) but he can also be very tough, (when needed) just like the smoke monster.
It actually makes the most sense that Jack is the correct candidate, especially when put in the context of what we have seen over the course of the show. If you recall, there was always an ongoing tension between Locke and Jack due largely to Locke being convinced it was their destiny to be on the Island and his unwavering faith in that fact. Jack never believed it and fought it at every turn, eventually concluding that Locke was just plain crazy. What we are seeing now is a reversal of roles. Jack has become the true believer and though “Locke” is no longer Locke, he doesn’t buy into the concept of destiny and putting all his faith in the hands of the Island anymore than Jack did in the beginning.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:46 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
Technically speaking, because of all the things that have transpired time wise, Daniel’s concert should have already taken place. However, “Lost” being such as it is, I’m guessing the producers, in order to reconcile everything, will have our LA Xer’s attending that event despite the time discrepancy.
I don't believe it's the same event. That event took place the same night Desmond met Penny at the stadium. I think we'll find that Desmond has arranged to have another concert event for the purpose of getting everyone together, including Charlie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv
That was nice of Richard to have buried Alex. I'd love to know what she was saying.
I get the impression whatever she said it kind of spooked Miles, and I think it's why he wanted to leave and not stay around.

We still don't know why Miles is the way he is (and he still doesn't know either).

Old 05-23-2010, 06:53 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,695,689 times
Any guesses about where Rose, Bernard, Cindy the flight attendant, and the kids are? Hope we find out tonight!

Old 05-23-2010, 07:15 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyT View Post

No, I don’t think that was a “blooper” at all. Hurley said to Desmond “Oh hey, you didn’t tell me Ana Lucia was gonna be here” to which she replied “Do I know you, tubby?” Hurley then said “Oh no, we never met. Anyway here’s your money. A hundred and twenty-five grand, right?” After she left Hurley says to Desmond “She’s not coming with us?” to which Desmond responds “No, she’s not ready yet”. A fun scene to be sure but definitely a scripted one.

Whatever, I still think it was a "blooper" because Anna Lucia is supposed to dead, right? So why would she be a "ghost" everyone could see, be able to drive and be back being a cop? I think it was just great ablibbing up to the "Anyways". That signals to me that that is when Hurley got back into character and the script.

Whatever. JMO

Old 05-23-2010, 10:56 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Anna Lucia is alive in the alternate time-line. Both Hugo and Desmond know that she was on the plane and Desmond believes that she is not ready to join them.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:15 AM

924 posts, read 1,644,273 times
Anyone else kind of depressed thinking about TV post-Lost? It won't be the same.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:23 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Anna Lucia is alive in the alternate time-line. Both Hugo and Desmond know that she was on the plane and Desmond believes that she is not ready to join them.
Oh yes, I forgot we were in the alt time zone. Got confused. So, does that mean alt Hurley is having memories of Island life by calling her Anna Lucia? Or did I miss something big? Was that what happens when just 6 of them get together? I am now waiting in anticipation for what happens when they ALL get together at the concert!

Old 05-23-2010, 01:46 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,274 times
Ok, I've stocked up on extra Kleenex and vodka for tonight. I expect an all-out no holds barred drunken cryfest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV