U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 25 43.86%
No 19 33.33%
It was just OK 13 22.81%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:18 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,309,133 times
Hugo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 12:21 PM

5,552 posts, read 8,570,529 times
or Rose and Bernard

Old 05-24-2010, 12:24 PM

1,756 posts, read 1,494,057 times
I actually cheered when Lapidas surfaced!

Old 05-24-2010, 12:26 PM

24,731 posts, read 29,924,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
One piece that I hated though: Sayid and Shannon. I just never bought them as a couple.
I'd forgotten all about Shannon, too, then remembered her character as presented in the first few episodes: shallow, self-interested, smug, uncooperative. Her friendship with Sayid did help her grow beyond her own self-interest, and now we've seen that personal growth and redemption was the whole point of the show? Dunno ... It didn't surprise me to see them reunite, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
For those who say the story is just about the characters and the details don't matter, I would say that's fine, except that the series was somewhat presented as science fiction, which demands some explaination. To throw in a religious/spiritual/magic component and leave things "up to the imagination" is just lazy storytelling
Magic and spirituality can have a scientific component; however, in this show, the science of the island was toyed with, hinted at ... and then ignored. Which goes back to my question of why this island? There was so much time spent on characters' back stories, but none on the island's back story. The island was just as much an important character in this show as any other.

If you want to look at the show as purely existential -- this stuff happened to these people, and this is how they dealt with it -- fine. Then it all makes sense.

Quote:
Who took care of Vincent after Jack died?!!!
It seemed like Rose and Bernard had been taking care of him. I loved their little homestead.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:31 PM

5,740 posts, read 5,988,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I see it slightly differently but still agree that they didn't die in the plane crash.
What do you mean you see it differently? I didnt post an opinion, I posted exactly what happened. I basically paraphrased the explanation given by Cristian.

Quote:
I found myself, after watching it again this morning, thinking that the characters all officially died/moved on when they reunited with the person they were supposed to be with. The significance of all of them not dying alone was big (IMHO). Jacob all told them around the campfire that they were chosen because their lives basically sucked. That to me, means that Jacob was kind of a spiritual guide...allowing our Losties to redeem themselves and find their "mate." Jack sat alone in his big, fancy apartment, Sawyer was alone and so was Kate and Locke. Hurley had the episode "Everyone loves Hugo" but truly he didn't have anyone until he met up with Libby. Sun and Jin, after searching for each other for so long, finally "moved on" when they found each other.
That would be a good theory; however, not everyone "had someone". Boone was alone and so were a few others. People died when they died but they were stuck in the in between until they could "let go" which Desmond helped them do.

Quote:
I think they all were there for Jack to help him out and "move on", but that some of them had already done so (Bernard and Rose and even Locke). It was significant IMHO when Desmond said he wanted the manifest list of the plane so he could "show them something." I think that meant he found out how to "move on" and wanted the same for everyone else.
No, everyone had to let go. Desmond was the one that lead everyone to let go. It is just that Jack was on the last one to do so. Locke didnt let go until he was in the hospital bed after his last surgery. Kate didnt let go until she gave birth to Aaron, again.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:40 PM

5,265 posts, read 10,086,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Loved, loved, loved the finale. One piece that I hated though: Sayid and Shannon. I just never bought them as a couple. He should have been reunited with Nadia... Otherwise, a near-perfect ending for a near-perfect show, IMHO...
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO true! Using the theory (which I believe and it seems most other people do), that the events of the island and oceanic 6 time off of it were "real"....Sayid DEFINITELY should have ended up with Nadia at the church instead of that self centered obnoxious whiny Shannon girl that whom I must admit I wasn't sad at all to see killed off. Nadia was his true love and she died when she got hit by that truck. The two of them should have been reunited in the church scene. No doubt. Shannon and Boone have been off the show for so long and were so unlikeable that they could and should easily have been left out of the finale

Old 05-24-2010, 12:41 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,309,133 times
I agree.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:46 PM

2,756 posts, read 2,059,673 times
Claire gave birth...again. Kate assisted with the birth.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:56 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,283,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Who took care of Vincent after Jack died?!!!
LOL! He's a dog, I'm sure he will be fine.

On the other hand, he didn't seen to be moving either...

Old 05-24-2010, 01:02 PM

5,740 posts, read 5,988,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
LOL! He's a dog, I'm sure he will be fine.

On the other hand, he didn't seen to be moving either...

Rose and Bernard. That is who he has been living with all this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV