U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 25 43.86%
No 19 33.33%
It was just OK 13 22.81%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:26 PM

8,187 posts, read 13,316,129 times

Advertisements

No, I didn't watch the Emmy awards yesterday because I thought it might suck. I watched preseason football instead.

All this time and I still haven't read the Ack Finale parts I, II, and III yet.

I can't believe the disappointment of the secular crowd in here about the spiritual underpinnings of the ending. It was basically about death. Even a radical atheist ought to have respect for death... it's like Sierra Hotel India Tango... it happens. Get over it. Start a LOST convention in Vegas or something.

Reality shows are awful. Reality is what happens when you turn the cameras off, right? I'm sorry for the people who hoped for a more scientific and secular conclusion/explanation. I'm starting to have more respect for the secular side of things.

One of my very favorite hair sticking up on my arms moments of LOST was the Lighthouse and the wheel. Then Jack smashed it all to heck.

I suppose I could go back to that place where Jacob is sitting on a beach (Hurley)... cooking up some fish... and the man in black is there... (Ben)... watching a boat sail by...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 09:17 AM

43,861 posts, read 27,407,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
What did you guys think about the Emmy awards yesterday?!

No Emmy for Terry O'Quinn or Michael Emerson?! I couldn't believe it...
I didn't watch it, but I'm in shock neither one of them won. I've watched television for a few decades and their acting in LOST was head and shoulders above most on TV. Both of them are just superb!

Old 08-31-2010, 10:49 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,860,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
What did you guys think about the Emmy awards yesterday?!

No Emmy for Terry O'Quinn or Michael Emerson?! I couldn't believe it...
Just goes to show you that an actual performance on that level wont win one an Emmy. They just need to be leaders in a popularity contest.

We ALL know who's acting performances were really above and beyond incredible, and no lack of an Emmy is going to take away from them.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:49 PM

2,848 posts, read 2,221,237 times
I turned it off when Terry failed to win it...well, all the Lostie cast and crew can have my Emmy...so congrats, Losties! I guess if you're not the flavor of the month, you're not even acknowledged by those unimaginative cads in Hollywood!

Old 08-31-2010, 05:33 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,431,330 times
Ok, I am a serious Lostie,but I guess a series that has had so many fans following it for years, lots of sites dedicated exclusively to it, an auction months after it finished with people bidding from almost everywhere under the sun (if I am not mistaken, the Dharma van made over 45k and the wheel made 25k) and regardless of the finale's opinions a great series overall, deserved a much better goodbye by getting lots of Emmys.

With the incredible performances they had, it is unbelievable for me that Lost has not won in most categories it was nominated for. I guess some of the other series were great ,but some of them, not so much... at least to my taste, simply cannot be comparable to Lost at all.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 PM

8,187 posts, read 13,316,129 times
Well... we LOST fans will one day look upon these times ... as the ... LOST Years.

*** ACK site *** please don't go there for a while. I'm picking up a malware on my AVAST when I go there. Hopefully it will get straightened out soon. She does other shows on there.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:06 PM

I've got my Season Six DVD! SO happy!

Old 09-02-2010, 05:59 PM

Dude!OMG!

Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 PM

Dude! So cool to see it again!

Old 09-08-2010, 11:39 AM

43,861 posts, read 27,407,993 times
Well, I'm happy for you Lee W.!

Anything new in the DVD series we haven't seen on tv?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV