Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:33 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,357 times

Advertisements

I could never "not" care! The last season could have been better, but I just love love love LOST! What can I say? The heart wants what the heart wants, right? In general, TV nowaday is like a vast desert...and when I find any meaningful oasis I'm just kind of on board with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 11:52 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
I wish they would have, throughout the entire seasons of the show, fleshed out ideas that were hinted at, such as Walt's and Miles' special talents. There were so many teasers with no follow up or resolution.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:56 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
I'm sure I have more to say on the subject but for now, I was happy with the way the final season went and how it ended. How in the heck else do you think something of LOST's magnitude could have? They did it in an very tasteful and respectful way and did it with out dividing the entire LOST fan base. Can't make everyone happy but I think they did thier best.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:30 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I wish they would have, throughout the entire seasons of the show, fleshed out ideas that were hinted at, such as Walt's and Miles' special talents. There were so many teasers with no follow up or resolution.
Same here. It isn't as thought I HATED the ending or didn't understand it, I just think there was so much more to be said and followed up on. The show wasn't just about a group of people who interacted or survived this island adventure. It had so much more....and in the end.....the 'more' part got lost.
(no pun intended)

If I could do it all over, I would never have watched the last episode. It didn't fit in with the great 5 previous years. I would've stopped at the next to the last one and wrote my own ending in my head.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:58 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
JJ Abrams was the creator of Alias, which was a story that had some intruiging plot twists, too. But in the end, it was just a mish-mash thrown together with double-speak and no real explanation. Very disappointing and I realized that he never had a plot to begin with.

After the first season of Lost, I was on the official forum, analyzing all of the various possibilities and then realized, hey, I bet this turns out just like Alias and this guy has no plot. As much as he and the other writers insisted that they had everything all planned out, in different interviews you could see that they were often playing it as it went along.

I watched every episode and the characters were great and it was often enjoyable so I don't think it was completely a waste of time.

I thought the finale was okay in that it had a nice ending for all of our favorite characters, but it was still a lazy effort by JJ. He's great at getting his characters into a room but never understands why they are there.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:36 AM

After the pilot and just a little bitof Season 1, Abrams was no longer directly involved in LOST, not haveing the time to do all his projects85. I heard he later came back to co-write the Season 3 premiere, than again was not directly involved. LOST was pretty much Carlton and Cuse's "baby" other than that. So if you must criticise, blame the people who actually did the series finale.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:04 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Same here. It isn't as thought I HATED the ending or didn't understand it, I just think there was so much more to be said and followed up on. The show wasn't just about a group of people who interacted or survived this island adventure. It had so much more....and in the end.....the 'more' part got lost.
(no pun intended)

If I could do it all over, I would never have watched the last episode. It didn't fit in with the great 5 previous years. I would've stopped at the next to the last one and wrote my own ending in my head.

I think having endings are inevitable but fraught with danger. Most things I have loved, including tv, movies and books, have a hard time ending things when the plot is very complex. It would be really great if there were books supporting the show, for example the stellar Star Trek themed books. There are tons of them for every version, and they are smart, mature and very detailed. They add a great deal to the whole experience and I think that would be wonderful if there were Lost books.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:48 AM

62 posts, read 96,598 times
I <3 lost

Old 12-01-2010, 11:08 AM

Ooh...I do too! Now that the reruns & lame Christmas specials are starting, I'll have to get my LOST DVDs out and watch the old shows again! When are they going to put on that show with the actors that played Ben and Locke anyway? Haven't heard anything more!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:28 AM

Not finding a date, but here's some news.
Terry O'Quinn - News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV