Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 05:56 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,215 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen the
DHARMA STATION 6: THE ORCHID video? Its never aired, but its in the season 3 dvd (I think). Its very interesting. It gives in to the Casimir Effect/Time Travel theory.

Does anyone remember, back in season 2, when Sayid and Hurley are on the beach with the radio transmitter, the one that the Tailies had brought with them, and they get some song playing on it, and Hurley points out how clearly it sounds, but Sayid says that signal could be coming from anywhere, when Hurley says 'or any time'. That's just always stuck with me for some reason. Because you know, that on this show, nothing is ever a coincidence. There are some very plausible theories about this whole wormhole thing. I think I'm becoming a believer.

I havent been able to read that link that katmoney posted up yet.. hopefully I'll have more time tomorrow.

The more I discuss this show, the more it amazes me. Its really the type that does not come around too often!

Quote:
"OK, i don’t text, so please, please tell me, what is asdjf;lasdklf;kasld;
I think its just a form of expressing something you cant put into words. Like when you're very excited and you squeeeee and make happy noises lol. Happy, shocked, or crazy emotion. Its how its translated into type.

Last edited by Think (Freedom); 05-12-2008 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: asdjf;lasdklf;kasld;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 11:46 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think (Freedom) View Post
Has anyone seen the
DHARMA STATION 6: THE ORCHID video? Its never aired, but its in the season 3 dvd (I think). Its very interesting. It gives in to the Casimir Effect/Time Travel theory.

Does anyone remember, back in season 2, when Sayid and Hurley are on the beach with the radio transmitter, the one that the Tailies had brought with them, and they get some song playing on it, and Hurley points out how clearly it sounds, but Sayid says that signal could be coming from anywhere, when Hurley says 'or any time'. That's just always stuck with me for some reason. Because you know, that on this show, nothing is ever a coincidence. There are some very plausible theories about this whole wormhole thing. I think I'm becoming a believer.
I remember watching on of those recap shows they show before the premier of a season (it may have been before the premier of S3 or possibly S4, can't remember which), and they made a point of showing that scene w/ sayid and Hurley listening to the radio. I remembered thinking why, in a 1 hour clip show that's trying to go over so much bulk, they'd waste time focusing on that little scene. yeah, I do think it's important to remember that scene (anyone remember what song came through? was it a Patsy Cline song? there may be a clue there)

the Orchid video was originally released during Comic Con (note to self: drag myself to the SD Comic Con before LOST ends! they show all the good vids there!) and it's been floating around youtube for a while. I barely understand the Casimir Effect, other than the basic, matter can't occupy the same space idea. I used to wonder if the bunnies were just teleporting, but after seeing Doc's body wash up before he died on the boat leads me to think the bunnies are time traveling and it's the same way how the doc's body ending up on shore (his body jumped ahead in time like the bunny did). oh, and another major clue: the doc in the Orchid video is Hallowax, the same name on Ben's parka when he ended up in Tunisia. I think that logo on the jacket is the one for the Orchid

theorizing about LOST is making my head hurts now, too much icky science

I still stand by my claims: Claire is not dead (yet) and Michael is not in the coffin. after that, I'm more or less clueless

Old 05-13-2008, 06:32 AM

Quote:
anyone remember what song came through?
It was Glenn Miller's 'Moonlight Serenade'. And I didnt know this, I just read it on wikipedia, but Glenn disappeared flying his plane from the UK to France.

Quote:
On December 15, 1944, Miller, now a major, was to fly from the United Kingdom to Paris, France, to play for the soldiers who recently had liberated Paris. His plane departed from RAF Twinwood Farm, in Clapham, Bedfordshire, but disappeared over the English Channel and was never found.[26] Miller's disappearance remains a mystery; neither his remains nor the wreckage of his plane (a single-engine Noorduyn Norseman UC-64, USAAF Tail Number 44-70285) was ever recovered from the water.
Gotta love the amount of work that goes into the details in this show.

Quote:
oh, and another major clue: the doc in the Orchid video is Hallowax, the same name on Ben's parka when he ended up in Tunisia. I think that logo on the jacket is the one for the Orchid
Yeah I saw that it was the same name. And yes, its the same logo for The Orchid. And that logo was also on Keamy's 'secondary protocol' booklet thing he was looking at on the freighter.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:31 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times
Quote:
It was Glenn Miller's 'Moonlight Serenade'. And I didnt know this, I just read it on wikipedia, but Glenn disappeared flying his plane from the UK to France.

Gotta love the amount of work that goes into the details in this show.
umm, so let's review:

perennial Kate episode favorite Patsy Cline: died in a plane crash

Buddy Holly: died in a plane crash

Amelia Earhart (she came up from that anagram of Herarat (sp?): disappeared in an aircraft

I feel like we could come up w/ a list of music artists and other famous people who have died in plane crashes. wonder if we'll hear any Aaliyah in the flash forwards?

speaking of crashes, just how many times have the folks on the island been involved in a car/vehicle crashes, either as a victim, cause, or witness? off the top of my head, we've got

-Michael (got HBC after talking to Susan on the phone, also tried to kill himself by crashing his car)
-Shannon's dad
-Sarah, Jack's wife
-Hurley (he drove the van into the others. also crashed his camaro during the car chase)
-Locke (actually involved in two, one that jump-started his birth, and then he was HBC in that toy store parking lot)
-Juliet (hubby got hit by a bus)
-Sawyer (ok, this one is a reach, but when Christian opened up his car door in Australia, he hit Sawyer who was walking by)
-Locke's dad (claims he died in a car accident and that the island is hell)
-Kate (she crashed the car she was driving that killed her best friend. also, she escaped when the black horse darts out and causes the police car she was in to crash)
-Jack witnesses a car crash right before he's about to jump off a bridge

other vehicle related stuff:
-first time Charlie hears Driveshaft on the radio, the band was trying to start their broken down car
-Bernard and Rose meets b/c something was wrong w/ her car (I think she couldn't get it to move in the snow)
-Roger Linus dies in the van
-Sayid's friend kills himself in a car

Old 05-18-2008, 01:30 PM

So kids.. what did we think of part 1 of the finale? Are we excited for part 2?

Old 05-18-2008, 01:45 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
what do you mean by part 1? LOST is like a soap opera. Each episode runs into the next episode. 2 hour finale in 2 weeks. By the way, great episode.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:24 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
So kids.. what did we think of part 1 of the finale? Are we excited for part 2?
Yeah!!! I don't wanna wait for two weeks!! Waaaa!!!

Old 05-18-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
what do you mean by part 1? LOST is like a soap opera. Each episode runs into the next episode. 2 hour finale in 2 weeks.
Yes I know.

But the finale's are always split in 2 parts. Last weeks episode "There's No Place Like Home" was part 1 of the finale, and on the 29th is part 2, still the same title, making it a 3 hour finale. And the only reason the second half is going to be 2 hours long is because of the writers strike.

Anyway, it was a good episode. Though of course we still dont know how/why they get off the Island or why they had to make up that story of how they survived. I guess (and hope) we'll find out in the next episode.

By the way, I loved how Jack found out about Claire!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:31 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,636 times
The previews look AWESOME and I can't wait! It sucks we have to wait a week but at least they are replaying this episode with extra footage before the 2 hour finale. The writers really benefitted from the strike b/c they have written some great stuff since coming back. I haven't been this excited over a show in a long time!

Old 05-19-2008, 01:12 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,695,689 times
I think the device on Keamy's (sp?) arm may be a detonator for the explosives on the freighter. Maybe it'll detonate if his heart stops beating?!? (Just guessing because of the location that the device was placed on his inner arm.) This would be good "insurance" for him not to get killed. Maybe Widmore figured that the Oceanic survivors would end up on the freighter eventually, and what better way to get rid of them all than to blow up the ship.
The news footage of the Oceanic 6 was of them getting off a fishing boat that supposedly washed up on the island, so we know that they don't get off the island by freighter or helicopter. Also, the look on Sun's face when she was on the freighter holding Aaron (right after Jin told her to leave the "explosives" room) led me to believe that she may not see Jin again.
So many theories, so little time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV