Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 05:37 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times

Advertisements

But, but the Oceanic 6 flew into Honalulu on a C10 or something!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 09:07 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,695,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
But, but the Oceanic 6 flew into Honalulu on a C10 or something!
Right, but that was after they actually got off the island on the fishing boat that was supposed to have washed up on the island. I believe the plane that brought them to Hawaii had picked them up from the island they landed on with the fishing boat.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Right, but that was after they actually got off the island on the fishing boat that was supposed to have washed up on the island. I believe the plane that brought them to Hawaii had picked them up from the island they landed on with the fishing boat.
Ah, I do not recall seeing that! I'll have to watch it over again anyway to see what I missed.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:43 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,215 times
Quote:
Ah, I do not recall seeing that! I'll have to watch it over again anyway to see what I missed.
Yeah. They showed pictures of their supposed 'rescue' when they were all at their first press conference.

Quote:
I think the device on Keamy's (sp?) arm may be a detonator for the explosives on the freighter.
Hmm yeah I hadnt thought of that. Maybe thats what 'second protocol' was/is.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:15 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,815,269 times
Default LOST fans, please answer!

Ok, 3 questions:
1. What is your favorite character in LOST?
2. What is his/her best scene so far?
3. What is the best scene in LOST so far?
Thanks for answering!

Old 05-20-2008, 03:24 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
Multiple Lost threads merged.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:50 AM

889 posts, read 2,406,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
Another interesting episode with lots of tidbits.

Richard...seems like he has been the front man for the Others/Island/Jacob for quite awhile, seeing as he is back in the 1950's taking an interest in baby John Locke. I particularly liked when he visits little John and quizzes him, asking him which of the items "already" belong to him. John chooses the compass, the vial of sand, and the knife. Looked like Richard actually wanted/expected him to choose the book "Book of Laws".

Well, Locke did have a compass just like that on the island and used it for quite awhile until he gave it away to someone, can't remember who. He said he didn't need it anymore. The vial; sand from the island or some of that odd stuff that seemed to form a barrier around Jacob's cabin? The knife...Locke I don't think has a knife like that but he is good with one, as Naomi found out.

The Mystery Tales comic book that Richard put down on the table with the other things was interesting. Anyone notice the title of the story on the cover and the picture? The picture shows a city floating in the air above another city and it reads "What was the secret of the mysterious "Hidden Land!" I'm guessing another clue about the island and the fact that it is masked in some way, hence why it is so hard to find.

In one of my previous posts I mentioned the island and the Casimir Effect which physic types say indicates the possibility of traveling faster than light and time travel. One other thing that you can do if you reverse the Casimir Effect is to levitate objects. Hmmmm....a comic book cover showing a city floating above a city. A cabin that somehow moves from place to place on the island. And now we need to move the island in order to save it.

I'm surprised that no one made a comment about little John's drawing on the wall. Richard sure noticed it. Looked to me like a smoke monster attacking someone. Was little John dreaming about the island already?

Note too that the company that tried to recruit teenage John was named Mittelos. When Richard was recruiting Juliet, Mittelos Bioscience was the company he said he and Ethan worked for.

One thing puzzles me. While it is true that Richard came to see John when John was very young, why doesn't future John remember his past meeting with Richard? Locke has encountered Richard on the island yet he doesn't seem to make the connection. Odd since we can see Richard hasn't changed one bit.

Since Richard is the front for the Others, then it stands to reason that Abbadon serves the same function for Charles Widmore. He did after all recruit the team headed up by Naomi to go the the island and "extract" Ben. One can take from his visit to Hurley that none of the people working for Widmore made it back from the island. If any had, he wouldn't need to ask if people were still alive on the island.

Not that is necessarily means anything in the context of "Lost", but Abbadon, in Hebrew, can be translated as "destruction". In biblical terms, in the Book of Revelation, Abbadon is "The Angel of the Abyss". Again, not saying it really means anything. The writers probably just thought it was a cool name.

Looks like John Locke is now the new leader of the Others, or at the very least, protector of the island, replacing Ben. Jacob used to talk to Ben, then he started talking to John. This is probably the real reason that Ben tried to kill John...plain old jealousy and the desire to eliminate a potential rival. So if you have a new protector, then the island needs a new mouthpiece right? Enter Dr. Christian Shepard.

If Claire wasn't dead before, seems pretty much like she is now. I don't know that she has been a ghost the entire time. If she was, then that would mean that all with her could see ghosts. But up to this point, the only ones that we know for sure could or had seen ghosts are Locke, Ben, Hurley, and Miles. As far as I can recall, Sawyer has never had this ability. I think she was probably just more injured then anyone realized and was in the process of dying. This would explain why Miles would be so interested in her...he could sense that she wasn't going to live much longer.

The show just keeps getting better and better.
Tony, where have you been all my life? I'm going to find all your lost post now and read them!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:00 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,215 times
Great, all threads are together now

Ok well to answer the questions..

1. What is your favorite character in LOST? Hmm I dont know that I have just one. The first time I saw the whole series it was Jack. But then I watched the series a second time, and he annoys me a bit now. I absolutely love Sawyer though. And Desmond.

2. What is his/her best scene so far? Well for Jack, all of 'Through the Looking Glass'. Its my favorite episode so far. Sawyer.. basically everything he says/does lol.

3. What is the best scene in LOST so far? The ending of Through the Looking Glass. Come on, we were all in complete shock, admit it.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:33 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Favorite character on LOST; I think the show centers on Jack vs Locke or Logic vs Faith. As you might know, each has its own entourage. Both viewpoints maybe just as valid, but perhaps implementing one another; another words, each path will get you there. I'm not a jater. But making fun of Jack is fun sometimes. I think anyone would admit that both are very important, except maybe for Ack. I'll go with Locke.

Best scene; they both have a really good scene involving Miles. For Jack, his comment, "I don't know, how stupid are you?" when Sayid and whomever ambushed Miles. For Locke, I'd have to say when he stuck the grenade in Miles mouth.

Best scene; for me, it was when the hatch blew up. That was pretty wicked.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:52 PM

My favorite character has been long gone...Echo.

My fav scene? When poor Charlie died. He showed his true character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV