U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 25 43.86%
No 19 33.33%
It was just OK 13 22.81%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 11:17 PM

1,505 posts, read 3,513,340 times
Default Save the date!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, after all these looong summer months without Lost, we finally have a date!!

LOST returns January 21 2009!!!! My countown has officially begun. 2 months and 13 days to go!

edit: FYI, its now going to air on Wednesday nights at 9/8c.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 11:21 PM

5,552 posts, read 8,611,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think (Freedom) View Post
Guys, after all these looong summer months without Lost, we finally have a date!!

LOST returns January 21 2009!!!! My countown has officially begun. 2 months and 13 days to go!
only 2 months to go!!

so glad it's back on Wednesday nights!

Old 11-09-2008, 07:50 AM

8,044 posts, read 12,861,254 times
Whether we get these or not (some are pretty funny) this Daily Dose has got a count down as Think mentioned! Yay!

Old 11-09-2008, 09:35 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,359,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think (Freedom) View Post

edit: FYI, its now going to air on Wednesday nights at 9/8c.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!

Old 11-11-2008, 01:33 PM

2,901 posts, read 2,731,633 times
I'm LOST?

Last edited by slamont61; 11-11-2008 at 01:44 PM..

Old 11-11-2008, 01:43 PM

I'm all for the move back to Wednesdays. That seems like home to me. This SEASON I'm just going to enjoy it (again). Back in seasons one and two I was on the ABC site arguing points and theroy and bla bla bla. There was nothing but a bunch of juvenile acting individuals attacking one and other back and forth. It's just an ugly place.

The show is just too good to be ruined by a bunch of rabid kids with nothing but time on thier hands. I don't mind discussion about it, but I won't be going to that board ever again. Perhaps we can have some stimulating yet mature discussions about the new season right here...

Old 11-11-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I'm all for the move back to Wednesdays. That seems like home to me. This SEASON I'm just going to enjoy it (again). Back in seasons one and two I was on the ABC site arguing points and theroy and bla bla bla. There was nothing but a bunch of juvenile acting individuals attacking one and other back and forth. It's just an ugly place.

The show is just too good to be ruined by a bunch of rabid kids with nothing but time on thier hands. I don't mind discussion about it, but I won't be going to that board ever again. Perhaps we can have some stimulating yet mature discussions about the new season right here...
sounds like you're talking about the Fuselage. yeah, that forum can get downright mean sometimes! I didn't get into LOST until midway through the 2nd season (one of the episodes after "The Other 48 Days" but before Ben got caught) and asked some questions on the forums that got asked already, and got trashed!! it was a simple mistake, especially since I was new to the forum, but it turned me off completely. I only check it out if one of the actors post something on there. otherwise, I stick to LOST podcasts and any related forums the podcasts may have. and of course, forums like these are also very helpful

Old 11-11-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
sounds like you're talking about the Fuselage. yeah, that forum can get downright mean sometimes! I didn't get into LOST until midway through the 2nd season (one of the episodes after "The Other 48 Days" but before Ben got caught) and asked some questions on the forums that got asked already, and got trashed!! it was a simple mistake, especially since I was new to the forum, but it turned me off completely. I only check it out if one of the actors post something on there. otherwise, I stick to LOST podcasts and any related forums the podcasts may have. and of course, forums like these are also very helpful
Yes the Fuselage is one of those sites... and the ABC site itself is brutal. Go in and type the word Purgetory and you'll be lit into like you just shot Charlie yourself.

On a lighter note... what did you make of the Paulo/Nicci eppisode? How did THAT relate to the story line? Not very much as we currently know it to be.. but on this show that little insignificant eppisode could become just the oposite.

I have a great deal of appreciation for LOST from the story right down to the very details in Production. The Music is also perfection.

Don't want to get started right now... have some work to do... I could go on and on...

Old 11-11-2008, 07:53 PM

1,505 posts, read 3,513,340 times
Quote:
I've never been to another Lost board, I've just stuck to coming here. Everyones been great and it was fun discussing last season.

I think I'm the newest Lost fan here, I discovered it in the middle of season 4, but I very quickly caught up, and am totally hooked. I'm currently rewatching the series for the 3rd time, like I said in a previous post. I honestly dont get tired of this show. I thinks its simply amazing.

Quote:
On a lighter note... what did you make of the Paulo/Nicci eppisode? How did THAT relate to the story line? Not very much as we currently know it to be.. but on this show that little insignificant eppisode could become just the oposite.
I know what you mean. Sometimes small details come up in later episodes and are important. But I dont think that was the case for Nikki and Paulo. I think I heard in a Podcast that Damon and Carlton were just trying to phase in new characters to see how the audience would react. Clearly everyone hated them, so they killed them off.

Btw, 71 more days to go!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:22 PM

yeah, a lot of people were wondering about the other fuselage survivors, so Nikki and Paulo were introduced as an attempt to show people that Jack and Co. weren't the only survivors (plus, a lot of people liked Artz and Scott/Steve, so maybe they hoped to have the same success w/ these two new characters). well, they botched the intro and gave the characters crap lines, and people got fed up w/ them, so they got the ax. the episode itself is silly and has some inside jokes, and I doubt it will have any effect over the overarching story. IMO, introducing N&P was the 2nd worst thing about season 3- the first being the "Stranger in a Strange Land" episode (probably the worst episode in the history of the show!).

I'm trying to decide which horribly introduced Latino duo to a show was worse: Nikki and Paulo from LOST, or Maya and Alejandro from HEROES?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV