Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 04:41 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,917,723 times

Advertisements

This is how I came up with the theory above!
The scientist mentions the casimir effect. Listen....
Dailymotion - Dharma Initiative: The Orchid from Comicon 07, a video from anil31. Dharma, Initiative:, The, Orchid, 15

The explanation of the casimir effect on wormholes is about 3/4's of the way down on the wiki site....
Casimir effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 05:47 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,316,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
I doubt JJ Abrams will ever reveal the true answer behind the enigma of the island and it's special "gifts!"
He will if he values his life! lots of angry LOST fans will otherwise be chasing after him! the creator of The Sopranos left the freaking country to avoid the backlash! Abrams should take not and try not to p*ss off too many fans (not matter what, I'm sure some fans will get pissed off w/ the ending)

we've gotten hints about wormholes and the Casimir effect since Season 3 ("only fools are enslaved by time and space") and I'm sure this theory explains most of what's happening on the island

Old 11-25-2008, 10:08 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,061,514 times
Quote:
He will if he values his life! lots of angry LOST fans will otherwise be chasing after him!
LOL Definitely.

And I think the possibility of time travel and wormholes are absofreakinlutely possible and probable.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:44 PM

4,538 posts, read 3,999,546 times
Well if you look back at previous posts from around the time of the last episodes written by others, myself included, the Casimir Effect, time travel, wormholes, antipodal points, and other issues dealing with time and space have been discussed and theories developed around them.

I personally believed that the island moved both physically and most probably in time. If you rewatch the final episode and pay attention to the moment just after the island disappeared, you will notice that the water appears to be swirling, like when it goes down a drain. Wormhole opens up under the island and away it goes. Or as an alternate, I posited that the island could have levitated upward out of view (levitation accomplished via reversing the Casimir Effect). Also, I theorized that the key to where they island might now be could possibly been found in the page from Daniel Faraday's notebook. I interpreted the drawing this way: it showed either the location of all the DHARMA stations on the island, or it was showing the island and the other points to which one could travel through time from the island or even where the island itself could go.

Not trying to paint myself as the resident "Lost" expert here or imply that my theories are the best. Just pointing out that a lot of good information was posted by many on here and I would hate to see it get overlooked. Especially since so much of it provides great building blocks for future theories once the new season gets underway in January.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:36 AM

17,944 posts, read 27,373,653 times
I like all these theories. One that takes into account both wormholes AND portals interests me. We know that there are other points around the globe that are of interest in this show.

The idea of the island going up into the sky like in the comic book is interesting because maybe there's some arc or tangent to which it can fall back onto once the time is right; say the island stays suspended in the sky and the earth continues rotating underneath it and it basically comes right back down, but in a different portal.

I miss the hatch.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:38 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,159,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I miss the hatch.
Ahhhh, yes - the simpler days on the island when all we had to ponder was who or what was in the hatch.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:01 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,316,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
Ahhhh, yes - the simpler days on the island when all we had to ponder was who or what was in the hatch.
well (mild spoilers in white below),

according to the new promo, it looks like Daniel stumbles upon a hatch of some sort. a guy in a HAZMAT suit is apparently attacking him. that scene in the promo reminded me so much of Kelvin that it makes me wonder if it's not connected somehow. anyways, I'm sure there'll be a few more hatches discovered this season

but yeah, I miss the hatch too, and it's amazing how many questions I have about it that still weren't answered (damn you Locke!!)

Old 11-26-2008, 07:31 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,061,514 times
Quote:
according to the new promo, it looks like Daniel stumbles upon a hatch of some sort. a guy in a HAZMAT suit is apparently attacking him. that scene in the promo reminded me so much of Kelvin that it makes me wonder if it's not connected somehow. anyways, I'm sure there'll be a few more hatches discovered this season
Yeah I read a theory on that.

The theory said something about the Island travelling back in time, so thats why we see Juliet digging up what looks like the hatch window, and we see Daniel and the hazmat suit guy (aka maybe Kelvin).

Quote:
anyways, I'm sure there'll be a few more hatches discovered this season
I doubt it. Dont we already know all the hatches from that ? map on the blast door?

Old 11-29-2008, 01:12 AM

161 posts, read 370,185 times
the only show I watch. the only show I look forward to. the only show I've obsessed about. I will never devote myself to another show. Lost changed everything.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:01 AM

4,538 posts, read 3,999,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think (Freedom) View Post
Dont we already know all the hatches from that ? map on the blast door?
So far, nine DHARMA stations have been revealed: Arrow, Staff, Swan, Flame, Pearl, Orchid, Hydra, Looking Glass, and Tempest.

The blast door map only had four of the nine clearly identified: Swan, Flame, Staff, and Arrow. We learned later that the big question mark in the middle of the map was the Pearl station. Because Hydra was located on another island, and Looking Glass underwater off shore, they do not appear on the blast door map at all.

Two more stations, designated "C-3" and "C-4" are shown on the map but we were never told for certain which now identified stations they may correspond to. They could be Orchid and Tempest or two as yet unknown stations. Also on the map is a station that has been completely crossed off. Either it truly does not exist or there was a station there at one point but no longer.

Remember when Ben was attempting to safeguard Alex, he was sending her to "The Temple". The location of "The Temple" was marked by a DHARMA station logo on the map he gave her. This would potentially make "The Temple" the tenth station. The existence of "The Temple" seemed to be known only to Ben, Richard, and a select few of the Others. So then while possible, it is unlikely that Radzinsky or Kelvin would have placed it on their blast door map.

Based on what we know now and the map, if "C-3" and "C-4" are not in fact Tempest and Orchid, and the crossed out station is not "The Temple", that could mean anywhere from one to three more stations to be discovered on the island by the survivors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV