Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:50 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times

Advertisements

All I can say is that I'm lost...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 07:12 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,046 times
My head is still spinning. It took me FOREVER to fall asleep last night because I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Just a few thoughts but nothing too significant.

1. Most importantly, Ben is sexy. Just wanted to reiterate that.

2. I also agree that Hurley's mom is going to be important now. I was very surprised when she said she believed Hurley.

3. Mrs. Hawkings is her name? I didn't even realize she had a name, lol, but I knew her right away from a Desmond back story when she worked in a jewelry or antique shop and said something to him about not being able to change the past (or was it control the future). I believe that's also the episode where we see how Desmond and Charlie were connected. Charlie was standing in the rain toward the end of the episode holding his guitar.

4. LOVED Neil's death! He wanted fire, he got fire!

5. LOVED the scene on the beach when Vincent was staring at Sawyer. The look on his face was hilarious!

6. I don't know who sent the lawyers to Kate, but I initially thought it was Ben trying to scare her into returning to the island.

7. As soon as the cop stepped out of the car I called Ana Lucia's name. She seems much softer and friendlier when she's dead, doesn't she?

8. It seems like these time shifts really only effect the natives. So Ethan is still alive when time goes back, but I'm guessing it's because he's a native and that the dead losties won't be alive since Daniel you can't change what already happened. I guess we'll see, but that's my uneducated guess.

9. I don't know why, but I wasn't shocked at all that Daniel was in The Orchid.

10. Is Mrs. Hawking Daniel's mom?

11. Interesting theory that Miles may be the baby born to Marvin Candle or whoever he is.

12. I think Charlotte may suffer the fate of the rat/mouse who eventually died from the time travel. Scratch that. I think Daniel may somehow be able to keep that from happening after going to Desmond, but without going to Desmond that would have been her fate.

13. If what already happened can't be changed, why was Daniel able to get Desmond to open the door? Why didn't he want him to open it for Sawyer?

14. Curses to Sun if she wants Ben dead! However, what if Ben and Sun are really working together? Maybe this is Ben's way of getting to Widmore/Penny. Hmmmmm...

15. Remember when Boone and Locke went to the crashed plane and Locke couldn't walk? I wonder if that had something to do with the gunshot wound he'd later (earlier) receive?

So many questions!

Lucy

Old 01-22-2009, 07:43 AM

635 posts, read 1,686,602 times
Head swirling is right!!!

1. Absolutely FLOORED with Sun's new 'tude ... she went to Ben's School of Tyranny!!! The way she looked at Kate in that last scene had me like, "whaaaaaaat?" It's like they switched roles!!

2. Everyone who wanted to see Sawyer without a shirt got their wish! Man-oh-man didn't they? Sawyer kept asking anyone who looked like they might have a shirt, for a shirt - that cracked me up.

3. I got confused when Ethan came off the plane and shot Locke because I thought Mr. Eko was the one who was on the plane filled with heroin and that his brother Yemi had been shot shortly after he boarded and before it took off and landed on the island??? When Locke finally got onto the plane to check it, Yemi's remains were still there.

4. Daniel Faraday is kinda turning leechy in my mind. He didn't let Charlotte know what was up with the nose bleed (but Desmond had a noseblood when on the freight carrier) ... she had to ask him if the nosebleed was bad? That kinda creeped me out about him. How long has this dude been around? Saw him in the cavern in the LOSTback where they were digging and the scientist was talking about time travel. But when talking to Sawyer, et al., he said something like he's spent "his whole life" studying ... (while pointing to that journal of his)?? If he's been hired by Whidmore, isn't it just a matter of time before Whidmore finds the island? Do you think Penny (Whidmore's daughter) is so innocent? How is she just 'accepting' all this craziness with Desmond like, lah-lah-lah this is everyday for me?

5. Desmond's character realizes that his dreams are actually memories ... good one!

6. Does anyone think Jin will resurface? Also, do you think the baby is really his or that Juliet lied to Sun about it being Jin's and that its actually Jae Lee's baby?? Did Juliet do anything to Sun's baby?

7. Good LOSTback on how Ben grew up! Loved it.

8. Why did Richard Alpert tell Locke he would "have to die"??

9. Hurley's mom, loved it. She said, "I don't understand it, but I believe you". Cracked me up when Hurley's dad put caviar on his sub sandwich and then ate the sandwich with chips!!!

10. The two 'attorneys' that show up at Kate's door to do tests on Aaron: Didn't Ethan do something to Claire's baby (Aaron) while in-utero?? Didn't he implant something in Claire to make her sick? Wonder what they REALLY want to test for? Is that kid 'special' or 'chosen' (like when Richard Alpert came to test Locke as a kid)??? How's that gonna play out once Jack founds out (Claire his half-sister).

11. When Daniel said you can't change what's happened, I was wondering if he meant that as a parameter or instruction, rather than they really couldn't change what's happened? No one would ever escape from this madness if everyone just decided they didn't like the way something was going. But then he said they wouldn't be allowed to change anything even if they tried? Hmmmmmm .... interesting.

12. That first fiery arrow that hit that gnat-of-a-man took me by total surprise! But I hope they don't get gross with the violence, they have awesome multiple fireworks of a story line already that keeps everyone engaged.

13. Love what Sayid told Hurley, "whatever Ben tells you to do, do the opposite". Why did Ben have to leave the island after he 'moved' it?

LASTLY,

14. Remember when Richard Alpert asked Locke to identify the vial of sand, the compass, the book of laws back when Locke was a kid as things that were already Locke's? Isn't that compass that Richard put in Locke's hand while bandaging his gunshot wound the same compass? And Locke pulls out the knife while after the flash of light and Richard disappears.

::breathe, breathe:::

Last edited by justhere; 01-22-2009 at 08:41 AM..

Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,780 times
I Love LOST! Did you get that? I love LOST.

1) Neil, oh you poor poor red-shirt. LOST's writers really love to high-five us. This was one of those. Who didn't think he was a gonner?

2) Well there you have it, time travel. Did you get that? Time Travel. And yes, Daniel sure has done his share. No, I don't think he's Dharma. Not by a long shot.

3) I believe it was Dharma people shooting the flaming arrows and attacking the LOSTies.

4) Daniel - huh? He and Desmond are really becoming HUGE in relation to the scheme of things. It seems as though they are going to be the ones to really HELP the LOSTies. Yes the nose bleed could be helped by a constant.

5) Sun and Whidmore, ok - where is this going? How is Sun going to get after Ben? Whidmore doesn't seem to have the ability to get "Ben" anymore than Sawyer can.

6) Ben huh? I still can't figure out if he's a good guy or still a snake. I just can't figure it out. Ben sure is on a mission though. Gotta wonder, if he can't break Hurley out, God help us?

7) Is the island going to keep on skipping until the gang gets back? How are they going to stop it? How many are there in Ben's army out there fighting off Whidmore's?

8) Hurley! Darnit, why didn't Ana tell him to stick with the program? That Island can sure send messages from beyond can't it? Just how are they gonna break him out? Doesn't he need to help his buddy Sawyer more than he needs to follow Sayid's instructions?

9) Yeah there is still a group out there trying to get Aaron. Why and what for? I think it's Whidmore actually.

10) Time Travel - it's getting harder to follow all this. Knowing that Time Travel is now the root of it. Now we know why Whidmore really wants to catch up to his "island". So, what IS his connection?

11) Hurley's mom huh? I still don't see it, the part she could play further. Naw, I don't think so.

12) Excellent Shows last night.. How are they going to keep this all up? What an incredible ride this is going to be, going straight through...

Old 01-22-2009, 10:31 AM

18,014 posts, read 27,460,166 times
I'm gonna put these comments on hold for now and revisit them... after I rewatch that a time or two!

That was like sensory overload for us! Too much all at once. Those guys on the island got it rough!

I do remember one scene that cracked me up; Sawyer slaps Danny Boy in the face and Fire Crow gives him this look and he says, "You're next, Ginger!" and she says, "Beat me Sawyer!" Oh wait. Did she say that?

Old 01-22-2009, 10:58 AM

635 posts, read 1,686,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'm gonna put these comments on hold for now and revisit them... after I rewatch that a time or two!

That was like sensory overload for us! Too much all at once. Those guys on the island got it rough!

I do remember one scene that cracked me up; Sawyer slaps Danny Boy in the face and Fire Crow gives him this look and he says, "You're next, Ginger!" and she says, "Beat me Sawyer!" Oh wait. Did she say that?
ROTFL!!! Yes, that made me fall outta my seat - DH just looked at me like, "what are you laughing at so hard"? "Ginger" (Gilligan's Island -- I died)

Old 01-22-2009, 02:01 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,695,689 times
I really think it was Sun who sent the lawyers to Kate's house. (She just happens to be in L.A. the same day Kate gets the visit from the attorneys??) I think she's trying to take Aaron away from Kate, because she blames Kate for not getting Jin off the freighter in time. When Sun told Kate that she doesn't blame her for Jin's death, I didn't get a feeling that she was being sincere. Hmmm, my head is still spinning. Must re-watch the whole thing this weekend...

Old 01-22-2009, 03:13 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
GUYS, I NEVER WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS, BUT I WANT EVERYONE TO NOTICE THIS:
IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, PLEASE READ THIS LINK. IT'S A THEORY OF THE TIMELINE THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE, THIS GUY IS TOTALLY RIGHT!!

http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.html

Old 01-22-2009, 04:38 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
GUYS, I NEVER WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS, BUT I WANT EVERYONE TO NOTICE THIS:
IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, PLEASE READ THIS LINK. IT'S A THEORY OF THE TIMELINE THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE, THIS GUY IS TOTALLY RIGHT!!

http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.html
What a GREAT link! It actually answered some of my questions and confirmed some of the other trains of thought I had. I read several Lost theories this afternoon....and I have to truly say that the link you posted was not only the best....but the easiest to understand.

I love the science of the show even more than I like the characters. Last night was probably two of the best hours of television history. Just incredible.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:05 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,167 times
I agree. After a long wait, well I have to say it was worth it. So many more questions...why can't it come on every night???? Thanks for that link, it is awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV