Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:15 PM

17,930 posts, read 27,339,625 times

Advertisements

You know, all this crazy theorizing and contemplation is giving me a serious nose-bleed. Pass the Dharma cotton-balls please.

In the meantime, we gotta Ackian 5x4: The Little Princess! Lie together, die alone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 11:56 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,306,562 times
I think it's been heavily implied that Ben was transported to the desert immediately upon turning the frozen donkey wheel (he's wearing the exact same parka, gets the exact same injury we see him with in "The Shape of things to Come" and when you first see Ben, his breath is visible when he exhaled, as if he had just come from a cold climate). how he was transported, not only to another country, but to a different time in the future, is unknown, but may be related to the fossilized DHARMA polar bear Charlotte found in the dessert in an earlier episode

Old 02-10-2009, 12:36 AM

17,930 posts, read 27,339,625 times
Then he pwned and Torcha'd those guys Sayid/Jack Bauer Style!

Ben Shreds!

Old 02-10-2009, 01:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,261 times
I found episodes 5x5 and 5x6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well only 5 worked but go check it out at leafpen.com You have to fill out some stupid survey but the link worked!!! I'm 2 days ahead!! I can't believe it!

Old 02-10-2009, 03:15 AM

4,487 posts, read 3,989,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
but what about the Dharma guy that Locke came across that kept cutting down the tree? He seemed to be stuck in some kind of loop and was maybe the first time I can remember seeing a nose bleed. (Add: maybe this is what happens to you prior to getting a nose bleed!)
You're referring to Horace Goodspeed, the man that was driving by on that road in Oregon where Ben had just been born and later arranged to have Ben's father come to the Island to work for DHARMA. Horace, at least going by his jumpsuit, was a mathematician assigned to the Arrow Station. As per the orientation film the purpose of the Arrow was to gather intelligence and develop defensive strategies for use against the Hostiles. If that was it's true function, I'm not sure what role a mathematician would play in all of that. As a side note, it was the Arrow that Ana Lucia and her group discovered and stayed in temporarily before joining the main group of 815 survivors.

It did seem to be that Horace was in some kind of loop. But then remember, Locke was dreaming (or receiving a vision from Jacob) so perhaps that had something to do with it. The nose bleed would lead one to think that he may have been suffering the same "condition" as Charlotte, etc. However, after the Purge when Richard and Ben entered the Barracks area, Ben walks over to Horace who died while sitting on a bench. He pauses and closes Horace's eyes. There is dried blood on Horace's face; under his nose and around his mouth. This was caused by exposure to the poison gas used to kill off the DHARMA people. So in this instance, it may be that the blood coming from Horace's nose during his interaction with Locke is just a reference to how he died. But you never know. Given that Horace was a mathematician, it is possible that his work brought him into contact with some of the time travel experimentation taking place on the Island.

As to how Richard or anyone else will get off the Island now, I suspect that either it can still be done from the Orchid or it may well be that it can be done from the mentioned but as yet unseen Temple.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:24 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,059,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You know, all this crazy theorizing and contemplation is giving me a serious nose-bleed. Pass the Dharma cotton-balls please.

In the meantime, we gotta Ackian 5x4: The Little Princess! Lie together, die alone!

Definitely too much to about sometimes.

LOL @ the recap, my favorite quote's:

Jack: "Sayid! You had 3 horse tranquilizers in you!â€

Sayid: “Luckily I run on an internal 450-horsepower combustion PWN ENGINE, so I was safe.â€

Old 02-10-2009, 11:11 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,348,040 times
the funny part of last episode was when Kate was screaming at Ben: "It's him trying to take my baby!!" And Jack said: "no it's not" and Ben was like: "yes, it IS me. Sorrryyyy" with that innocent smile on his face.
I love Ben, he is hilarious sometimes.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:21 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,348,040 times
I love love love: Sayid and Sawyer. They are my 2 favorite people on the show from day one and if any of them were killed off, that would be the end of my love for LOST.

I like: Desmond, Hurley and Jin (yeah for Jin coming back!)

I'm terribly annoyed by: Kate (****), Jack (whiny control freak) and Locke (another control freak).

The rest are: eh.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:25 PM

1,428 posts, read 3,153,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
GUYS, I NEVER WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS, BUT I WANT EVERYONE TO NOTICE THIS:
IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, PLEASE READ THIS LINK. IT'S A THEORY OF THE TIMELINE THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE, THIS GUY IS TOTALLY RIGHT!!

http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.html
I think I've been spoiled by the excellent lostisagame.com writer. The Lost Time Loop Theory writer makes many assertions, builds many theories on top of theories, sure, but without providing a sufficient amount of that ever-useful element, evidence.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:31 PM

1,428 posts, read 3,153,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
Only problem is the event actually took place at 4 PM on December 19, 1992...Ben's birthday. So I'm not really sure where 1996 comes from and why so much of the theory is built around it.
Yes, and I would like to see some actual evidence that the island has been in a time loop since 1996 (or is it 1992?). We see, for example, that there has been clear deterioration of the Dharma stations since the Purge -- evidence of time progression, not time stasis. This is especially evident in the decayed appearance of the Swan station and the Orchid.
Quote:

I actually do believe that the people shooting the arrows were the Hostiles. Dr. Candle/Halliwax/Wickmund/Chang says in the orientation for the Arrow station "Given your specific area of expertise, you should find it no surprise that this station's primary purpose is to develop defensive strategies and gather intelligence on the Island's hostile indigenous population". The Arrow I think eludes to the Hostiles and their primary weaponry at the time they were first encountered by the DHARMA people. The flaming arrow barrage probably occurred during one of the Island's trips back into the past. Could have been a pre-DHARMA time or during DHARMA time. Either way, the survivors would be viewed as targets. Remember the Hostiles only became the Others when the DHARMA Initiative was purged. The crash of 815 happened long after that.
Supporting this idea is the fact that the Others attempted to appear more "primitive" than they actually were -- and as evidence, remember their primitive-looking set of huts in which Michael was imprisoned? Arrows or flaming arrows would be consistent with this impression.
[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV